Revert back to 7.x. 

Parts of your site are probably not ready for PHP 8. You can check the error logs after you are back on 7.x. It might give you a hint where the problem was, e.g. “theme”, a certain 3rd-party app and so on. 

10 hours ago, 403 - Forbiddeen said:

Hello, when i active the php 8 on cpanel, i get error 500. How i fix it?

Do you use apps or plugins?

some are not compatible yet.

deactivate them all and see, it worked for me. Then reactivate them one by one and test to find the one breaking it.

5 hours ago, Daniel F said:

Do you see any logged errors ?

No, only see the error.

2 hours ago, Steph40 said:

Do you use apps or plugins?

some are not compatible yet.

deactivate them all and see, it worked for me. Then reactivate them one by one and test to find the one breaking it.

Yes! But i will not try that. 

16 minutes ago, 403 - Forbiddeen said:

No, only see the error.

2 hours ago, Steph40 said:

I had the same problem. I think one of the addon is causing an issue and problem is you can't even reach to admin CP. 

So i reverted back to 7.4.x 

57 minutes ago, AlexJ said:

I had the same problem. I think one of the addon is causing an issue and problem is you can't even reach to admin CP. 

So i reverted back to 7.4.x 

Yes you have to revert back and test every app so a lot of back and forward between php 8 and 7 depending on your server setup. 

I have issues with PHP8 I've not been able to resolve.

I've tried disabling all my applications and plugins and I still get the below error:

This page isn’t working domain.com is currently unable to handle this request.
HTTP ERROR 500

My error logs are are set at Level 3, but don't show any errors

500 means something on the server went awry - probably due to PHP8 not being able to handle what the IPS code was attempting to do.  It's a vague error that generally needs investigating, but in this instance it's plain that it's PHP8 that is the issue otherwise it would be the same on other PHP versions.  Fiddling with the .htaccess file can cause similar errors so it's important to know what your code is attempting to process to fine tune what you need to be doing to keep your server/software combination playing nice with each other.

If it's any consolation I can't use PHP8 either as it throws errors in the forum and Pages templates.  Just another annoyance with technology lol.  Happy days 🙂

On 7/8/2021 at 7:54 PM, AlexWebsites said:

Anyone have issues with php mail in php 8 sending text headers? I upgraded two sites and moved to php 8 today to test. Not sending from the sending domain (using server domain) and coming in as text only. Odd because no issue on php 7 same server.

This has been fixed in 4.6.4 by IPS

Edited by AlexWebsites

On 7/3/2021 at 2:51 AM, 403 - Forbiddeen said:

Hello, when i active the php 8 on cpanel, i get error 500. How i fix it?

This sounds like you may have a php extension (for example Redis, PHP-FPM) which requires a module/RPM update for PHP 8.

I would check to see which php extensions are installed on your server, and install/update the ones required for php 8.

Well guys anyone receive HTTP Error 500 it's 100% from a plugin or application. I have tested PHP 8 on my server, and I have found that result. If you receive such error, the only way to find what causing it is to disable all third-party plugins and applications. Then test them one by one.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried my site using PHP 8 and had the same 500 error. I limited the error to the plugins, then one by one I turned them on, each time reloading a page on my site. I expected to eventually hit one that threw the error and broke everything, but this did not happen. Strangely, after I turned on the last plugin everything worked.

So now my question is, do I need to worry about anything? It seems very strange that switching over to PHP 8 with all plugins running would cause such an error, but disabling all plugins, then switching to PHP 8, then turning each one on one by one would not cause issues.

• 5 months later...

Also have problems to switch to PHP 8.x
I actually run 4.6.9 Invision system
My website shows the "Error 500".

I trieds to deactivative plugins and third party apps... the same.

I checked my PHP error logs. It seems that errors comes from core files :

[08-Jan-2022 17:09:25 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is no longer supported in /home/mywebsite/public_html/forums/applications/pathalias/sources/Secure/Application.php(2) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code(1) : eval()'d code on line 11

[08-Jan-2022 17:09:25 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught ErrorException: Class IPS\pathalias\Application could not be loaded. Ensure it has been properly prefixed with an underscore and is in the correct namespace. in /home/mywebsite/public_html/forums/init.php:747

Any solution ? Any idea ? 

Thanks in advance