Trophies and Medals - Supporttopic

25 minutes ago, SJ77 said:

Would love to use this to encourage users to leave file reviews in downloads app. Consider adding award for 

- user has left x number of file reviews 

Thank you

That's going be possible with the new system which will be available with Trophies 3.0 which will be released once IPS 4.5 is here. 

So you'll use an expression like 

criteria.hasMoreThenXRecords("IPS\downloads\File\Review", 10 )

which means that any member with more then 10 file reviews will get the trophy.

Can you add an option to choose forum or category for posts and topics? The possibility of choosing from the drop-down list the forum that we have gives you more opportunities to reward using posts and topics

For example, when I create a newsman trophy - "Write 20 news on forum". Then from the trophy settings I choose the number of topics that must be created to be awarded in this case 20, and in the forum where the topics must be created, in this case FORUM -> NEWS Category

The same can be done for posts on the example - "Write 100 comments in the review section". From the trophy option I choose the number of posts 100 and then from the drop-down list FORUM -> REVIEWS Category

In other way we have to pay for another application that will give us such a possibility (Automation Rules), but this, unfortunately, due to technical problems with IPS is not available in the download section, and the author's website lacks of any appeal.

Edited by Gangst3r
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/26/2020 at 6:32 PM, RoleplayUK said:

Is it possible now or can it be in the future that the forum admin or member can sort in what order the trophies display in the postbit ?

It's on the todo list.

On 5/6/2020 at 8:24 PM, Gangst3r said:

Can you add an option to choose forum or category for posts and topics? The possibility of choosing from the drop-down list the forum that we have gives you more opportunities to reward using posts and topics

Yes, that's coming with the new criteria system. There won't be an UI, it's just an editor field, but it's quite easy to create the criteria.

Do you mind to get registered on another site? Should the docs for the amazing ( but tricky) criteria system be available on a static site like github, where they're accessible to anybody, but where you would need to register to ask questions... And if you don't mind, do you prefer something like github or wouldn't you mind to join a site own by fosters? (In the past people really hesitate to join our community 😞

There were be a simpler 2 way communication on our own site compared to github...

The criteria system is tricky, but it's a HUGE improvement and we're going to use it in more future apps and the UX will improve with the time, but right now we had to use the simple editor ...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey! So this question was asked only once before, many many many moons ago that I saw, but appeared to have gotten lost in the shuffle and not answered.

I currently have to go into my admin panel and look at who was awarded a medal to read the medal note. Is there any way to display the medal note on the profile display tab for Trophies and Medals? I feel like this has to be an option somewhere, but I'm just not finding it.

Thank you so much for the app, by the way, I really do love it! 

On 7/9/2020 at 3:27 AM, Fosters said:

Fair Pont. I’ve added this tinny suggestion tracker for the best release .

Hey,
trophies do not work for purchases it seems. I attached it to a specific product, but once this has been bought it did not handle out the trophie at all, no matter what i tried to do.
Is this a common issue and will it get fixed soon?

I would also like the ability to remove specific trophies of single members as right now you have to remove the whole trophy for everyone.

24 minutes ago, Cybr3x said:

Hey,
trophies do not work for purchases it seems. I attached it to a specific product, but once this has been bought it did not handle out the trophie at all, no matter what i tried to do.
Is this a common issue and will it get fixed soon?

I would also like the ability to remove specific trophies of single members as right now you have to remove the whole trophy for everyone.

Trophies are awarded when the members object is saved( meaning while the login process or when the member edits his profile)

removing trophies isn’t possible right now, but will be with the version for 4.5

48 minutes ago, Fosters said:

Trophies are awarded when the members object is saved( meaning while the login process or when the member edits his profile)

removing trophies isn’t possible right now, but will be with the version for 4.5

I tried that already, all the other trophies work, its just the ones for purchased products that doesnt show up somehow.

1 hour ago, balazsp said:

Just a quick question.. have been using iAwards for a long while... but that is not available now..

How hard is it to migrate from that to this app?

Thanks!

There’s a migration script but I’m not sure if it still works . You could just recreate the same medals/trophies and they’ll then be awarded automatically to your members 

Hi @Fosters I'm currently using 4.4 and recently renewed support on this app.  Went to download the latest version for install and after hitting the install button was presented with an option for 4.5

Not sure if this is a standard feature of the marketplace now that this site is using 4.5 or have you ninja'd in a 4.5 version somehow?

If so, any chance of a demo / list of featurs the new version has?

I'm holding off going to 4.5 til all the apps / mods I need have been upgraded / confirmed working 

EDIT: Must have been a refresh / temp display error on the pop up as went back and now it says "This resource is not compatible with the chosen version." and the download button not shown now

Sorry - would delete this post if I could

Edited by KPDub
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey, I had a few questions about the app before I purchased it. Hopefully someone knows the answers –

Is there a setting to display a user's awards next to their posts on the forum (next to rep, post count, etc)? 
Is there a migration script from InvisionHQ's old free "Awards" app? (guessing no, but it's worth a shot)
And does it allow for awards such as user made x amount of topics in x forum section?

Thanks a lot!

3 hours ago, DChiuch said:

Hey, I had a few questions about the app before I purchased it. Hopefully someone knows the answers –

Is there a setting to display a user's awards next to their posts on the forum (next to rep, post count, etc)? YES (DESKTOP ONLY)
Is there a migration script from InvisionHQ's old free "Awards" app? (guessing no, but it's worth a shot) DON'T KNOW
And does it allow for awards such as user made x amount of topics in x forum section? I THINK SO

Thanks a lot!

Edited by Archimed
14 hours ago, DChiuch said:

Is there a setting to display a user's awards next to their posts on the forum (next to rep, post count, etc)? 
Is there a migration script from InvisionHQ's old free "Awards" app? (guessing no, but it's worth a shot)
And does it allow for awards such as user made x amount of topics in x forum section?

Thanks a lot!

Yes, this will be possible with the upcoming release for 4.5 which will be released next monday. 

11 hours ago, Archimed said:

I'm confused by your quote?!

Changehistory

3.0.0 Alpha 1

• Added new criteria system.
  • Adds a new setting to show trophies below the users signature inside posts.
  • Adds a new setting to show trophies on a members hovercard.
  • Added the total awarded members count to the trophies and medals overview page.
  • Added a new setting to set the position inside the postbit ( above avatar, under avater, at the end of the list )
  • Improved the way how trophies are awarded.
  • Improved the way how trophies are shown in the ACP List.
  • Improved the way how trophies are shown on the frontend- added a hover feature with the description.
  • Fixed broken profile link on the ACP-Trophy&Medal Log page.
  • Fixed an issue preventing emojis being shown as trophy title.