Trophies and Medals - Supporttopic

59 minutes ago, pequeno said:

Hi @Fosters, I have read all this topic but is too long and it is difficult to find information.

Please allow me to ask you some quick questions before buy the application.

1.- If I install the application and make it a criteria, for example to give a trophy to users with more than 100 messages, does it apply to existing users?

2.- If I put a trophy criteria "users with 50 topics" and another "users with with 100 posts" is the one of 50 eliminated and is the one of 100 when it reaches that message? If the two trophies are kept, can I manually or automatically delete one?

3.- If i modify or remove criteria, the associated trophies and medals are automatically removed or updated

On the other hand, Automation Rules LITE does not appear to be available. I have written to @Kevin Carwile but he does not answer.

Many thanks.

I have used this for over 6 months so I may be able to help you with the first two questions, third question I am not too sure (not tested to that extent)

1- Yes it applies to existing users (have tested)

2- No it is not auto removed. However, when you create a trophy (for example let's say you make one for the 100 messages), while creating that new trophy there is an option to select a different trophy to remove (in this case the 50 topic trophy). So yes, it can be auto removed as long as you set it up correctly. Picture: http://prntscr.com/rlq5ol

P.S: I have also tried looking into automation rules myself too. It appears to me that the dev may be inactive? No response in days.

I am sure Fosters will be able to explain more when he has time. Just thought I'd help you out :)

Edited by GTAPoliceMods
1 hour ago, GTAPoliceMods said:

P.S: I have also tried looking into automation rules myself too. It appears to me that the dev may be inactive? No response in days.

And its applications are not available: "This file is not currently available for purchase"

This is an important limitation for Trophies and Medals. 😯

1) yes

2) I think that you CAN replace existing trophies ( or maybe only medals, I’m not quite sure at the moment, military duty, I’m visiting the community with my smartphone, if it’s only for medals I’ll make sure that it’s implemented for trophies too in the next release ) 

3) no, that’s not possible yet, but it’s implemented for the next release.

4) that’s out of my Control but with the new upcoming criteria and expression features in the next major release you’ll be able to do literally anything with this app 

Edited by Fosters
23 hours ago, GTAPoliceMods said:

Update, so after about an hour of waiting to see if the system would upgrade the account it still has not. We even verified to make sure group promotions are enabled for that usergroup. As well as logging in and out several times. Not sure what could be causing this issue, any other ideas? @Fosters

Any ideas Fosters?

Receiving some weird errors today.  My forum is actually having a huge slow-down issue so I'm digging into every error I find.

[Thu Mar 26 09:27:08.295663 2020] [lsapi:error] [pid 2737972:tid 139982618203904] [client 37.167.35.129:2516] [host www.thetarotforum.com] Backend fatal error: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method IPS\\Member::getTrophies() in /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/trophies/sources/Item/Item.php:113\nStack trace:\n#0 /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/trophies/sources/Trophy/Trophy.php(472): IPS\\trophies\\_Item->memberHasItem(Object(IPS\\Member))\n#1 /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/trophies/extensions/core/Queue/RebuildTrophies.php(59): IPS\\trophies\\_Trophy::updateTrophiesForMember(Object(IPS\\Member))\n#2 /home/tarotforum/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(47): IPS\\trophies\\extensions\\core\\Queue\\_RebuildTrophies->run(Array, 0)\n#3 /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/core/tasks/queue.php(43): IPS\\_Task::runQueue()\n#4 /home/tarotforum/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(362): IPS\\core\\tasks\\_queue->IPS\\core\\tasks\\{closure}()\n#5 /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/core/tasks/queue.php(55): IPS\\_Task->runUntilTimeout(Object(Closure))\n#6 /home/tarotforum/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(261): IPS\\core\\tasks\\_queue->execute()\n#7 /home/tarotforum/pub in /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/trophies/sources/Item/Item.php on line 113\n, referer: https://www.thetarotforum.com/
[Thu Mar 26 09:11:58.421879 2020] [lsapi:error] [pid 2738061:tid 139982188447488] [client 63.245.58.149:60994] [host www.thetarotforum.com] Backend fatal error: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method IPS\\Member::getTrophies() in /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/trophies/sources/Item/Item.php:113\nStack trace:\n#0 /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/trophies/sources/Trophy/Trophy.php(472): IPS\\trophies\\_Item->memberHasItem(Object(IPS\\Member))\n#1 /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/trophies/extensions/core/Queue/RebuildTrophies.php(59): IPS\\trophies\\_Trophy::updateTrophiesForMember(Object(IPS\\Member))\n#2 /home/tarotforum/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(47): IPS\\trophies\\extensions\\core\\Queue\\_RebuildTrophies->run(Array, 0)\n#3 /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/core/tasks/queue.php(43): IPS\\_Task::runQueue()\n#4 /home/tarotforum/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(362): IPS\\core\\tasks\\_queue->IPS\\core\\tasks\\{closure}()\n#5 /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/core/tasks/queue.php(55): IPS\\_Task->runUntilTimeout(Object(Closure))\n#6 /home/tarotforum/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(261): IPS\\core\\tasks\\_queue->execute()\n#7 /home/tarotforum/pub in /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/trophies/sources/Item/Item.php on line 113\n, referer: https://www.thetarotforum.com/discover/unread/
[Thu Mar 26 08:55:46.312639 2020] [lsapi:error] [pid 2738061:tid 139982188447488] [client 188.62.6.173:54791] [host www.thetarotforum.com] Backend fatal error: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method IPS\\Member::getTrophies() in /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/trophies/sources/Item/Item.php:113\nStack trace:\n#0 /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/trophies/sources/Trophy/Trophy.php(472): IPS\\trophies\\_Item->memberHasItem(Object(IPS\\Member))\n#1 /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/trophies/extensions/core/Queue/RebuildTrophies.php(59): IPS\\trophies\\_Trophy::updateTrophiesForMember(Object(IPS\\Member))\n#2 /home/tarotforum/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(47): IPS\\trophies\\extensions\\core\\Queue\\_RebuildTrophies->run(Array, 0)\n#3 /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/core/tasks/queue.php(43): IPS\\_Task::runQueue()\n#4 /home/tarotforum/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(362): IPS\\core\\tasks\\_queue->IPS\\core\\tasks\\{closure}()\n#5 /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/core/tasks/queue.php(55): IPS\\_Task->runUntilTimeout(Object(Closure))\n#6 /home/tarotforum/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(261): IPS\\core\\tasks\\_queue->execute()\n#7 /home/tarotforum/pub in /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/trophies/sources/Item/Item.php on line 113\n, referer: https://www.thetarotforum.com/discover/

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve changed the way people on my site register and now require them to validate their email address. But people that have not validated and still getting an award for registering? Surely you should only be awarded once the user have been fully validated?

On 4/10/2020 at 4:46 AM, James101 said:

@Fosters : I am facing a similar problem like another user from a couple of pages ago. Users are not getting a notification when a medal is awared.
Also, do users only get a notification when awarding through the front page or do they get it when awarding through admin cp as well?

Are you using the last release? This should be resolved there.

On 3/26/2020 at 9:38 PM, LittleFang said:

Receiving some weird errors today.  My forum is actually having a huge slow-down issue so I'm digging into every error I find.

[Thu Mar 26 09:27:08.295663 2020] [lsapi:error] [pid 2737972:tid 139982618203904] [client 37.167.35.129:2516] [host www.thetarotforum.com] Backend fatal error: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method IPS\\Member::getTrophies() in /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/trophies/sources/Item/Item.php:113\nStack trace:\n#0 /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/trophies/sources/Trophy/Trophy.php(472): IPS\\trophies\\_Item->memberHasItem(Object(IPS\\Member))\n#1 /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/trophies/extensions/core/Queue/RebuildTrophies.php(59): IPS\\trophies\\_Trophy::updateTrophiesForMember(Object(IPS\\Member))\n#2 /home/tarotforum/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(47): IPS\\trophies\\extensions\\core\\Queue\\_RebuildTrophies->run(Array, 0)\n#3 /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/core/tasks/queue.php(43): IPS\\_Task::runQueue()\n#4 /home/tarotforum/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(362): IPS\\core\\tasks\\_queue->IPS\\core\\tasks\\{closure}()\n#5 /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/core/tasks/queue.php(55): IPS\\_Task->runUntilTimeout(Object(Closure))\n#6 /home/tarotforum/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(261): IPS\\core\\tasks\\_queue->execute()\n#7 /home/tarotforum/pub in /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/trophies/sources/Item/Item.php on line 113\n, referer: https://www.thetarotforum.com/
[Thu Mar 26 09:11:58.421879 2020] [lsapi:error] [pid 2738061:tid 139982188447488] [client 63.245.58.149:60994] [host www.thetarotforum.com] Backend fatal error: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method IPS\\Member::getTrophies() in /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/trophies/sources/Item/Item.php:113\nStack trace:\n#0 /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/trophies/sources/Trophy/Trophy.php(472): IPS\\trophies\\_Item->memberHasItem(Object(IPS\\Member))\n#1 /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/trophies/extensions/core/Queue/RebuildTrophies.php(59): IPS\\trophies\\_Trophy::updateTrophiesForMember(Object(IPS\\Member))\n#2 /home/tarotforum/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(47): IPS\\trophies\\extensions\\core\\Queue\\_RebuildTrophies->run(Array, 0)\n#3 /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/core/tasks/queue.php(43): IPS\\_Task::runQueue()\n#4 /home/tarotforum/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(362): IPS\\core\\tasks\\_queue->IPS\\core\\tasks\\{closure}()\n#5 /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/core/tasks/queue.php(55): IPS\\_Task->runUntilTimeout(Object(Closure))\n#6 /home/tarotforum/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(261): IPS\\core\\tasks\\_queue->execute()\n#7 /home/tarotforum/pub in /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/trophies/sources/Item/Item.php on line 113\n, referer: https://www.thetarotforum.com/discover/unread/
[Thu Mar 26 08:55:46.312639 2020] [lsapi:error] [pid 2738061:tid 139982188447488] [client 188.62.6.173:54791] [host www.thetarotforum.com] Backend fatal error: PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught Error: Call to undefined method IPS\\Member::getTrophies() in /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/trophies/sources/Item/Item.php:113\nStack trace:\n#0 /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/trophies/sources/Trophy/Trophy.php(472): IPS\\trophies\\_Item->memberHasItem(Object(IPS\\Member))\n#1 /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/trophies/extensions/core/Queue/RebuildTrophies.php(59): IPS\\trophies\\_Trophy::updateTrophiesForMember(Object(IPS\\Member))\n#2 /home/tarotforum/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(47): IPS\\trophies\\extensions\\core\\Queue\\_RebuildTrophies->run(Array, 0)\n#3 /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/core/tasks/queue.php(43): IPS\\_Task::runQueue()\n#4 /home/tarotforum/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(362): IPS\\core\\tasks\\_queue->IPS\\core\\tasks\\{closure}()\n#5 /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/core/tasks/queue.php(55): IPS\\_Task->runUntilTimeout(Object(Closure))\n#6 /home/tarotforum/public_html/system/Task/Task.php(261): IPS\\core\\tasks\\_queue->execute()\n#7 /home/tarotforum/pub in /home/tarotforum/public_html/applications/trophies/sources/Item/Item.php on line 113\n, referer: https://www.thetarotforum.com/discover/

Is the task to rebuild the trophies enabled or disabled? Try to disable it if it's enabled.

On 4/12/2020 at 2:55 PM, James101 said:

Hey,

I am using the latest update and still not receiving medal notifications. Is it also possible to add a setting to send a PM when a medal is awarded?

Users are getting notifications and PM for receiving a trophy.

On 4/12/2020 at 8:19 PM, GTAPoliceMods said:

I can confrim with @James101, members get notifications/PMs for trophies but nothing for Medals (yes we are using the latest version too).

@Fosters : Did you get time to look into this? Its not really urgent as the application is working fine overall.

On 4/13/2020 at 5:13 AM, Gangst3r said:

Any chances to add new view with number of points and users who unlocked an achievement in next major release?

This is a good suggestion if you could implement it. Also another suggestion I had was to have an option to award Trophies based on the Bonus Points a member has from Members Shop.
Similar to awarding trophy based on content count.

I believe right now it only allows you to sell a trophy/medal through Members Shop.

Thank you!

A new version was released

Changehistory

* New design for the trophies overview page.
* Medals can be removed from the ACP-Trophy&Medal Log
* Fixed PM Sender not removable from notifications tab

On 4/13/2020 at 11:13 AM, Gangst3r said:

Any chances to add new view with number of points and users who unlocked an achievement in next major release?

2109711346_trophiesmedals.thumb.png.dc6336fcdbed7c77ea01ebbd92fd3d01.png687099723_trophiesmedals1.thumb.png.1c86df08e2c1c74dbaad5c41131b5e6a.png

It would be nice to see a grid view instead of list with tabs (All / Unlocked / Locked Items) like this one:
1293864862_trmed_view.gif.e625514e2cc385cc8b30a87826174cc4.gif

I'll see what I can do for the next major release which is coming once IPS 4.5 was released.

On 4/25/2020 at 12:11 AM, Dean_ said:

Honestly, I'm giving up on this plugin and removing it from my site. It's getting a joke with no support or taking of suggestions. You got my money. But not more.

Bye. :dry:

I'm really sorry and can understand your frustration, but real life was/is quite busy right now.

A new version was released addressing this issue. ( I really thought that it was fixed and released a while ago)

7 hours ago, Fosters said:

I'm really sorry and can understand your frustration, but real life was/is quite busy right now.

And that's fine, I'd never judge anyone for that, but there have been no new features...

The last added feature was in Version 1.4.1, Released May 19, 2018, New Feature: Moderators with award medal permission can now also remove a medal from a members profile.

And before that was...

Version 1.3.0, Released December 12, 2017, New Features: Member Filter Extension, Further Rules App Integration, Font Awesome Icon Support, Medals can be replaced by other medals, Medals can be awarded via the "Create Menu".

In 3 years, that is all we have got, yet just over the last year, 3/5 of us are saying the same things we wish to see. There's demand, people want your app and want to support YOU, yet we're not getting very much. And this is why I haven't bothered to renew, there's nothing to renew my licence for...

This could be one of the great apps in the market place, but you're simply not fulling your customers. But very happy to take the money.

Maybe some of us can get together and make a list of features/add-ons we want and see if they can realistically be done.

I'm not having a go at you, and life does indeed get in the way. But nothing is 3 years (a worthwhile update or feature) is a disappointment. Maybe even someone could take this off you and look after it, and they can take control and update it?

I hope everything is well, and I wish you the best.

Hey,

Thank you for releasing the new fix. Medal issue is now fixed and I am receiving notifications when awarded a medal. I wanted to ask if its possible to add a setting to send an Automatic PM when medal is awarded just like with Trophies?

3 hours ago, Dean_ said:

Maybe some of us can get together and make a list of features/add-ons we want and see if they can realistically be done.

I really like this idea and this is something all the other developers can do as well. There should be a request feature list or an online notepad which anyone can access and edit and people can put in their suggestions and others can add to it or edit it to refine it. After that the developer can see what features can he add and go on from there on.

Since we already purchased this app, developers could also ask for some money to add certain important but difficult features and users can then decide if they want to pay for it or not. 
Like an auction system maybe. Sorry, just putting my thoughts out.

Take care.

On 4/26/2020 at 8:28 PM, James101 said:

Since we already purchased this app, developers could also ask for some money to add certain important but difficult features and users can then decide if they want to pay for it or not. 

I'm think the better idea it will be to made 2 versions of this app lite and pro with less or more options for use. This will skip the issue of voting and chaos, thus solving the problem of users who want or do not want big changes regarding the application.

12 hours ago, Gangst3r said:

I'm think the better idea it will be to made 2 versions of this app lite and pro with less or more options for use.

I'm not a huge fan of 2 versions. This would be more tricky to maintain the existing code ( 2 versions ) and support could also get confusing because of the different feature sets.

Regarding further ideas and voting and such stuff.. Let's not forget that I had an own support site with an own suggestions area with a vote feature, where almost nobody participated.

Let's wait for IPS 4.5 and Trophies 3.0  :)