Trophies and Medals - Supporttopic

I paid good money for this app, how about responding to Questions or stop selling this app that does not work, I will be requesting a refund.

Customer service at it's finest here 👎

Not sure how this one got by IPS with the new system that is supposed to check for this sort of thing?

Edited by Noble~
44 minutes ago, Noble~ said:

I paid good money for this app, how about responding to Questions or stop selling this app that does not work, I will be requesting a refund.

Customer service at it's finest here 👎

Not sure how this one got by IPS with the new system that is supposed to check for this sort of thing?

I'm considering purchasing this app but I'm confused by your comments.

45.minutes ago you made the post quoted, but 25 minutes ago you made the following review. What changed?

Screenshot_20201003-135319_Edge.jpg

I feel like there has been some anger and confusion in this support topic.

I really liked the idea of having this system in my gaming community - I like many have purchased this app. There are several errors when using this application however:

• Template errors in postbit.
  • FA icons not populating (only the background color does, yes tried everything i could to make it work)
  • Template errors in signature.
  • Errors when clicking profile of a member throwing back trophies/medals error.
  • Errors when setting up automatiions to replace trophies (i.e. post count trophies being replaced by a higher count trophy)
  • Errors with counts of awards showing for all members when no member or 1 member has only been awarded.
  • Errors with awards on the trophy/medals page being greyed out for no reason.

My biggest issue is paying for an item, while understanding the risk, without word from the developers on whether or not this application is being worked on still, if there is an update coming, or anything of the sort. I have turned off my renewal for this until there is word from development and will likely end up giving a headsup to invision staff to review this application to be locked so others do not get hurt with errors after purchasing as well.

I think all most of us are asking for is a status update.

14 hours ago, PalmTalk said:

I have to agree. Knowing that complications can (and often do) arise with version updates is part of the risks with installing third party apps. 

But developers have to understand that they have an obligation to keep their customers updated on how best to protect their investments when these complications arise. 

I think that everyone understand that plugins/apps can have bugs. It also called beta. But having bugs is one thing, and having so much critical issues and do nothing with it is another...

Communication with users is not so good at this one.

1 hour ago, Thomjeee said:

I’d really love to buy this, though I’m concerned that I will be buying something a bit expensive and just getting a bunch if errors all the time. 

I think if you read the topic its a dont do it at the moment. Support seems to have gone out of the window for some time.

I've been working  the last few weeks on all fixes, just had to ensure that all reported issues were resolved. I expect that the new release should be ready this weekend.

I'm really sorry for any inconveniences caused by the beta version( that's why it's called beta)

5 hours ago, Fosters said:

Of course:)

Real life is ed up but I'm still here and few people noticed it already, because i've released 4.5 releases for some other apps in the meanwhile, it was just pointless to reply at this stage to this topic, I have to deliver a stable version and not just some worthless posts promising that it's going to be fixed! 

Good to hear you're back.

Will there be any detailed information of how we use the criteria for issueing custom stuff or even a list of what you can invoke?   I'm sure a lot of folk like me aren't particularly gifted at that side of things and any help/information would be useful, even if I can then shove it under the nose of my techy admins to work out

On 10/20/2020 at 8:20 AM, Fosters said:

Of course:)

Real life is ed up but I'm still here and few people noticed it already, because i've released 4.5 releases for some other apps in the meanwhile, it was just pointless to reply at this stage to this topic, I have to deliver a stable version and not just some worthless posts promising that it's going to be fixed! 

2 hours ago, AlphaStar said:

@FostersAny news about a new working version?

Bloody hell! Give him time only a week ago he returned and said real life is messed up!

Give him time!