Trophies and Medals - Supporttopic

On 2/13/2020 at 6:22 PM, Fosters said:

There's no awards tab;) You're probably using the wrong application, the tab from this app is called Trophies and Medals.

Sorry for the confusion, I changed the name in languages on mine. However I can still award medals to people on their profile.

F4E5775D-D1CB-41A9-85E3-6A24BA16212B.thumb.jpeg.9fc74bc5c266173e69d6f1e522dd4b49.jpeg
As seen here, I have the button.

Edited by Dean_
On 2/20/2020 at 11:05 PM, Dean_ said:

@Fosters is there a way to remove a trophy that was given by accident please? I have two users who recieved something they shouldn't.

This shouldn’t happen. What criteria didn’t work for you? 

no there’s no way to remove it, I guess this would be handy for such cases.

what about a Trophy rebuild feature, which would check it for every user and remove the trophy for everybody who doesn’t meet the criteria. This way the criteria from existing trophies could be changed and then the rebuild triggered.

i actually like this a lot.

1 hour ago, Fosters said:

what about a Trophy rebuild feature, which would check it for every user and remove the trophy for everybody who doesn’t meet the criteria. This way the criteria from existing trophies could be changed and then the rebuild triggered.

I think both ideas would be good, having control to remove it would be hand for any such case.

For one of the trophy’s I was testing member shop with a random trophy.

On 2/19/2020 at 5:04 PM, EmaxDev said:

Hi @Fosters

I was trying to use the API endpoint to give medals but I noticed that the "/awardmedal" endpoint doesn't work even when returning "OK".

Also it would be nice to have a "/removemedal" endpoint too

Thanks 👍

It's working for me, are you using the recent version? There was an issue with medals which was fixed in 2.0.7.2

On 2/22/2020 at 2:01 AM, Fosters said:

This is exactly what I need.  I have a trophy given for current subscribers, but people who aren't subscribers anymore still have it.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't follow the topic drin the first post but it seems to me that this is not implemented in the plugin yet.

Here are some of my suggestions for later releases Trophies and Medals plugin:

- add Trophies/Medals when the users buy the selected item in the selected category in store (IPS Commerce)
- add Trophies/Medals when get a set amount of points (100, 200, 500, 1000, etc) in conjunction with the points application e.g Basic Points 1.6.0
- add Trophies/Medals when user made new topic in choosen category e.g. topic with Game review in Review Category
- add Trophies/Medals when user added more than a specific number of other users to his list friends list
- add Trophies/Medals when more than a specific number of users had replied to the author of topic
- add Trophies/Medals when someone rated our topic
- add Trophies/Medals option of adding trophies and a medal if you spend a certain amount of time together in the forum
- add Trophies/Medals when someone subscribe one of our Threads (only selected categories in plugin settings)
- add Trophies/Medals when user share a Thread to a Friend (only selected categories in plugin settings)
- add Trophies/Medals when user received 25%/50%/75%/100% of all achievements or all from one category

Add new viewing option like in Clubs Grid and List View 

I hope that most of users like my ideas and the author will added likely most of my suggestions to future versions of this application

Cheers!

Edited by Gangst3r
2 hours ago, Gangst3r said:

add Trophies/Medals when the users buy the selected item in the selected category in store (IPS Commerce)

you can select one or more items 

add Trophies/Medals when get a set amount of points (100, 200, 500, 1000, etc) in conjunction with the points application e.g Basic Points 1.6.0

There are no plans to support another points application, sorry ( We have already support for our own not public released points app)

add Trophies/Medals when user made new topic in choosen category e.g. topic with Game review in Review Category

This and several of your other points will be possible in the next major release 

But could you add new view options in the trophy and medals menu. Currently, you have to go down the entire list, and you could add a grid view as it is by default in clubs on the forum. For example, 10 positions per line would be displayed. Useful if someone adds 30 or more achievements to the forum.

In addition to the new view, it would be nice to see the number of trophies and medals won so far, like ( 20 | 60 ) or "You earned 20 of 60 Trophies/Medals" which displays in the right corner for example. This will affect the readership and orientation of the users more, how much they have already gained and how much they have left.

Edited by Gangst3r

@Fosters We have group promotions enabled so that when a user receives the trophy 'Content Creator' they are automatically promoted to a usergroup. Only issue is that our members are not getting promoted to that usergroup specified. http://prntscr.com/rkulho. We have been troubleshooting this for hours and still not working.

Hopefully this is a quick fix.

Thank you

Edited by GTAPoliceMods
17 hours ago, GTAPoliceMods said:

@Fosters We have group promotions enabled so that when a user receives the trophy 'Content Creator' they are automatically promoted to a usergroup. Only issue is that our members are not getting promoted to that usergroup specified. http://prntscr.com/rkulho. We have been troubleshooting this for hours and still not working.

Hopefully this is a quick fix.

Thank you

Is this the default group promotion feature from IPS? Have the members logged in after they got the trophy?

15 minutes ago, GTAPoliceMods said:

Yes this is the default group promotion. Do you mean have the members logged in and out? I don't think we tried that actually. Could that be causing it?

Yes, the default IPS group promotion is only called when members object is saved ( for example login, updating post count and such stuff..) so it wouldn't promote him until the members object is loaded and saved.

I've improved this for the next release and included a group promotion feature as part of the trophy awarding.

1 minute ago, Fosters said:

Yes, the default IPS group promotion is only called when members object is saved ( for example login, updating post count and such stuff..) so it wouldn't promote him until the members object is loaded and saved.

I've improved this for the next release and included a group promotion feature as part of the trophy awarding.

I will go ahead and give it a shot. Thank you Fosters. Will respond in a few minutes.

And looking forward to future updates!

Thank you

Hi @Fosters, I have read all this topic but is too long and it is difficult to find information.

Please allow me to ask you some quick questions before buy the application.

1.- If I install the application and make it a criteria, for example to give a trophy to users with more than 100 messages, does it apply to existing users?

2.- If I put a trophy criteria "users with 50 topics" and another "users with with 100 posts" is the one of 50 eliminated and is the one of 100 when it reaches that message? If the two trophies are kept, can I manually or automatically delete one?

3.- If i modify or remove criteria, the associated trophies and medals are automatically removed or updated

On the other hand, Automation Rules LITE does not appear to be available. I have written to @Kevin Carwile but he does not answer.

Many thanks.