Trophies and Medals - Supporttopic

• 4 weeks later...

I'm having trouble on my forum where ajax queries seem to be hanging (posting, editing, or going to first unread post, etc.).  The problem disappears once I toggle off the Trophies & Medals app.  I notice on my background tasks, the trophies is almost always running, so maybe that's interfering a bit?  At any rate, I was looking at the app settings and I see this option (below).  How does the app behave if I switch it off?  Does it give the trophy when the condition is triggered instead of a background audit?  I'm not sure what is considered a big board.  I have a bit over 13k user accounts.

Thanks for your help.

image.png.ba8084aa9c84641de77a396d3ddfe23a.png

Yes, I would remove the background task!

How does the app behave if I switch it off?  Does it give the trophy when the condition is triggered instead of a background audit?

A members trophies will be then only awarded when somebody visits this members profile or when the member logs in, which saves a lot resources.

Hi. Getting this error on the site. Any thoughts if it's related to Trophies and what it could be? Thanks.

Error: Class 'IPS\trophies\Category' not found (0)
#0 /home/xxx/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/system/livesearch.php(53): IPS\trophies\extensions\core\LiveSearch\_Category->getResults('pre')
#1 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_livesearch->manage()
#2 /home/xxx/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/system/livesearch.php(33): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_livesearch->execute()
#4 /home/xxx/public_html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

On 7/19/2019 at 12:41 AM, Giray said:

Hi. Getting this error on the site. Any thoughts if it's related to Trophies and what it could be? Thanks.

Error: Class 'IPS\trophies\Category' not found (0)
#0 /home/xxx/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/system/livesearch.php(53): IPS\trophies\extensions\core\LiveSearch\_Category->getResults('pre')
#1 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(96): IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_livesearch->manage()
#2 /home/xxx/public_html/applications/core/modules/admin/system/livesearch.php(33): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /home/xxx/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\admin\system\_livesearch->execute()
#4 /home/xxx/public_html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

It seems that you're missing a class. I would suggest to try to upload all files again.

On 7/26/2019 at 11:32 AM, Fosters said:

It seems that you're missing a class. I would suggest to try to upload all files again.

The only file that was different was hooks/Member.php. The new file was slightly larger so maybe something did not upload the first time? Let's see if this fixes it?

I overwrote the old file.

1 hour ago, Giray said:

The only file that was different was hooks/Member.php. The new file was slightly larger so maybe something did not upload the first time? Let's see if this fixes it?

I overwrote the old file.

Thanks for the clarification.

On 7/14/2019 at 3:48 AM, Fosters said:

Yes, I would remove the background task!

A members trophies will be then only awarded when somebody visits this members profile or when the member logs in, which saves a lot resources.

We disabled the background task, and the current tasks still "stucked", its around 6500 tasks there, there is a way to clean it?

After update sommeting is conflicting with the latest version of font awesome, before update from version 1.x it was working.

image.png.38ebf6daec22a2c661a8f1778d17eff4.png

image.png.55a14415b38d1d8fdb931f782ea2cd1b.png

Only image icons are working.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, that’s like asking IPS if it’s better to use IPS instead of vBulletin( which is definitely a YES;) ) 

Averages of our app:

no need of the here banned rules app, trophies work as stand alone app 🙂

we‘ve got also a lot of feedback regarding the lovely FA icons feature and there are also some other advantages which I just can’t mention right now. 😇

Hi, Ive just bought this plugin for our community.

Tab from medals & trophies is visible on user profile, even when he don't have any trophies. How to disable it please?

And another thing - Use FA Image option. Picker don't show all icons from https://fontawesome.com/icons?from=io.

For example I write medal, and its empty, but there are icons for medal on https://fontawesome.com/icons?from=io page.

10 minutes ago, wegorz23 said:

Hi, Ive just bought this plugin for our community.

Tab from medals & trophies is visible on user profile, even when he don't have any trophies. How to disable it please?

And another thing - Use FA Image option. Picker don't show all icons from https://fontawesome.com/icons?from=io.

For example I write medal, and its empty, but there are icons for medal on https://fontawesome.com/icons?from=io page.

The tab is shown always.

And you don't see icon chooser? Do you see any errors in the browser console?  Also you'll need to use the FA V4 icons and not 5.

https://fontawesome.com/v4.7.0/icons/

On 8/11/2019 at 8:08 PM, Dean_ said:

@Fosters Any plans for some updates or taking requests that keep getting asked? Haven't had any implementations or updates for some time now. 😞

What would be the most important change?

Just now, Fosters said:

The tab is shown always.

Ok, so please can you add a feature in some next version? Its better to hide trophies, clubs and other for people who have this empty.

Just now, Fosters said:

And you don't see icon chooser?

I see it, but there are not so many icons there. On site there's a lot more. For fist try I want to make trophies for 5, 10 and 15 years on our page. I want to put there some medal or stuff like that. Do you recommend any?

1 minute ago, Fosters said:

And you don't see icon chooser?

Even yours example its not working: fa-star in this picker.

39 minutes ago, Fosters said:

The tab is shown always.

Ok, fine then it should be some call to action. Empty tab is not the best way I think 🙂 Better would be all trophies, but inactive (in grey) for example, or something like you have 4700 posts, earn 300 more to next trophie! Or something like clubber - 2/3 archived (join 5 more clubs to top level) etc. etc. 🙂 Peoples love it.

Hello! Thank you for this app! I have a question. Do you know if I could change the position of where the trophies and medals appear in a user's post bit? I'm using iAwards as well (for a different purpose), currently it appears below the trophies and medal and I want to switch their positions.

Is "Replace Trophy" option working for everyone? I am trying to use it but no matter how i configure it all of the trophies are present. I want to have my default "grey trophy" for every user, then replaced by "5 year trophy" if reqs are meet, then replaced by "10 year trophy" etc.

image.thumb.png.f18c1b0fcff1de990f1e3282a73e1747.png

Also i just set up a trophy for 1k posts and i spotted forum member with 2k+ posts not having a trophy.

Edited by wegorz23