Videos Support

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/17/2023 at 8:38 PM, Adriano Faria said:

No. Download and open applications / videos / sources / Video / Video.php, find and delete:

\IPS\Content\Views,

Find:

use \IPS\Content\Reactable, \IPS\Content\Reportable;

Change to:

use \IPS\Content\Reactable, \IPS\Content\Reportable, \IPS\Content\ViewUpdates, \IPS\Content\Statistics;

Save and upload.

This will cause views to be counted again.

ah just seen this
and this has sorted the views issues

thanks again to  @Adriano Faria

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I have since moved to a new video app. However, I still hold @Michael.J with high regard and I do hope he's not left IPS. I wish him well.

Thank you, to @Adriano Faria for helping fix some of the issues I encountered, although unfortunately I wasn't able to edit videos. I would suggest any others who rely on the video system to take a look at https://www.invisioneer.org/ or https://www.sosinvision.com.br/index.php?/file/290-videos-directory/. 👍

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2023 at 9:13 PM, media said:

This is exactly the reason I tried not to buy any 3rd party application. You buy one and suddenly the owner/coder disappears without any notification or warning... 

This is ridiculous and SAD...

Proper way to exit:

1. Give info to your customers before even leave the seen...
  2. Properly transfer your script to a new coder that can continue service.
On 10/30/2023 at 5:16 PM, media said:

Proper way to exit:

1. Give info to your customers before even leave the seen...
  2. Properly transfer your script to a new coder that can continue service.

This is something you absolutely must take on the chin, and whilst I understand your point - it is not always possible to provide visible updates to everyone and nor will everyone read them. There are updates on Michael John's site, albeit a bit old, but I don't believe he's someone who would just walk without trying to address things.

If you managed to get your money's worth from the app, then that's at least one good thing. I would definitely recommend purchasing Adriano's app.

Yet anything in the real world can and will happen, it's not always as simple as leaving updates and as you mention. Devs won't simply give their resources away for free; it takes a dev to pick them up and to pay a fee for them. In most cases, I think it's more common to see a new resource created from scratch.

Keep in mind that some Dev's have died, others have left in bad ways, but Michael is between this as far as I can tell. Whatever has his focus must be very important to him. 

10 hours ago, media said:

Adriano is doing great, and I thanked him all the help he provided me...

This is not about another person app; it is about courtesy. 

I get what you are saying, but it's not something to be expected.

It's a gamble on our part; you pay for the resource as it stands and Michael is one of those devs who add features to improve his work without additional fees. Whilst an explanation to say "I am unable to provide updates for the foreseeable future." would be nice.

There are no guaranteed expectations.

I don't think we as clients have that right either, at least not to demand it. As I say, I get the frustration, but I sway more towards concern than outrage.

15 minutes ago, Joey_M said:

This is something you absolutely must take on the chin, and whilst I understand your point - it is not always possible to provide visible updates to everyone and nor will everyone read them. There are updates on Michael John's site, albeit a bit old, but I don't believe he's someone who would just walk without trying to address things.

If you managed to get your money's worth from the app, then that's at least one good thing. I would definitely recommend purchasing Adriano's app.

Yet anything in the real world can and will happen, it's not always as simple as leaving updates and as you mention. Devs won't simply give their resources away for free; it takes a dev to pick them up and to pay a fee for them. In most cases, I think it's more common to see a new resource created from scratch.

Keep in mind that some Dev's have died, others have left in bad ways, but Michael is between this as far as I can tell. Whatever has his focus must be very important to him. 

I get what you are saying, but it's not something to be expected.

It's a gamble on our part; you pay for the resource as it stands and Michael is one of those devs who add features to improve his work without additional fees. Whilst an explanation to say "I am unable to provide updates for the foreseeable future." would be nice.

There are no guaranteed expectations.

I don't think we as clients have that right either, at least not to demand it. As I say, I get the frustration, but I sway more towards concern than outrage.

I totally understand the situation, and I put myself on developers' shoes. 

Only one thing we want from developers; please let us know if you are exiting (Do not just disappear) 

And please please give us an exit plan....

That's all we want... 

Thank you for your input...