Videos Support

On 4/2/2021 at 12:26 AM, Joey_M said:

Sorry, @Michael.J - I have just edited one of the topics hat appeared as a 'guest' and yes, if I edit the topic as an admin it does correct itself.

Put up a patch here so you don't have to wait until the next update to fix this.

10 hours ago, yameth said:

Not private of course but I have come to know it is a general problem IPS is trying to handle with Facebook embeds.

Unfortunately I do rely on the internal embed support of IPB 4, so if it's not processing the embeds properly, it doesn't give the Videos app anything to work with.

Have you tried using different urls to the same video?

10 hours ago, yameth said:

On another note, is there a way to show videos posted in Videos as embedded rich media in Activity streams instead of plain text?

Hmmm, full embed video or thumbnail? I honestly haven't looked into this yet. I'd be a little concern about it loading multiple embeds if a lot of new videos were posted at once.

2 hours ago, Michael.J said:

Unfortunately I do rely on the internal embed support of IPB 4, so if it's not processing the embeds properly, it doesn't give the Videos app anything to work with.

Have you tried using different urls to the same video?

This video is an example as you requested. Not talking about the specific video but all from FB. But as I linked I think this an IPB problem unless you deem different.

2 hours ago, Michael.J said:

Hmmm, full embed video or thumbnail? I honestly haven't looked into this yet. I'd be a little concern about it loading multiple embeds if a lot of new videos were posted at once.

The thumbnail of the video at least would be nice. Either size of the attached.

embed.jpg

embeds.jpg

Edited by yameth
13 hours ago, yameth said:

This video is an example as you requested. Not talking about the specific video but all from FB. But as I linked I think this an IPB problem unless you deem different.

Well it kinda is if IPB itself is not converting the url to embed. But I'm just thinking if there's anything I can do to get around it.

13 hours ago, yameth said:

The thumbnail of the video at least would be nice. Either size of the attached.

I will take a look, this should be possible as I believe IPS apps already do this.

• 1 month later...

I am having an issue with embedded video not resizing when the screen changes and overlapping into the the other parts of the screen.  I remember I added some custom CSS to fix the directly uploaded videos doing this.  Is there a Custom CSS to address embeded videos?  I am still on 4.5.4 as waiting for 4.6 to come out of Beta.

Nevermind I figured it out using this: https://www.benmarshall.me/responsive-iframes/

Edited by HDiddy
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Michael, 

Videos app is causing error when viewing profile page, disabled all apps and when Videos enabled, the error below is thrown.

[[Template core/front/tables/rows is throwing an error
Error: Call to undefined method IPS\videos\Category::contentPostedIn() in /public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code:1606
Stack trace:
#0 public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_tables->rows(Object(IPS\Helpers\Table\Content), Array, Array)
#1 /public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code(2723): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('rows', Array)
#2 /public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_tables->table(Object(IPS\Helpers\Table\Content), Array, Array, NULL, false)
#3 /public_html/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php(564): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('table', Array)
#4 /public_html/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(623): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#5 /public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->content()
#6 /public_html/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(73): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->execute()
#8 /public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

Backtrace

#0 /public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(71): IPS\_Log::log(Object(Error), 'template_error')
#1 /public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(860) : eval()'d code(2723): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('rows', Array)
#2 /public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_core_front_tables->table(Object(IPS\Helpers\Table\Content), Array, Array, NULL, false)
#3 /public_html/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php(564): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('table', Array)
#4 /public_html/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(623): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#5 /public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->content()
#6 /public_html/applications/core/modules/front/members/profile.php(73): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\front\members\_profile->execute()
#8 /public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2021 at 1:43 PM, Emediate said:

Maybe I missed it, but does Moderation options exist on Videos?

For example, I need to lock discussion on a video upload. Can't find an option?

Are you wanting to lock new comments on a video?

On 9/10/2021 at 11:12 PM, Unlucky said:

Hi, we are thinking of buying this - when will the guest access to the app be fixed?

Haven't released a new update yet but can provide a patch as it's a simple fix. It's not showing videos to guests, it's just showing the widget without any videos.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2021 at 4:15 PM, Emediate said:

Edit / Delete / Lock threads.

It's essentially another part of the forum for discussion but without the ability to moderate it at the moment.

Okay I've saved this and will try to add next update as lock support should be straight forward.

On 9/20/2021 at 8:21 PM, Darth Vortex said:

That is what it is doing right now, see my post above.

It's still a confirmed bug, will be patched next update.

• 3 weeks later...

Since the new update i can no longer set permissions in groups at all.  I set them and save..then go back in to check and they are off again ???? fixed this once now doing it again with a new plug in install of the blackjack for member shops

PS also sent in another support ticket 2 weeks ago and getting support is really bad

half my site is down due to this and needs ore of a faster response please then month later

Edited by AlphaWulfx
On 11/27/2021 at 9:52 PM, Unlucky said:

We just add share links from other peoples videos that they upload on youtube.

I believe this change was made some time ago by YouTube, if you open your media sites and edit the YouTube media site, you'll see instructions for adding the API key. It can then grab the video title for you as well as description.

On 12/5/2021 at 7:30 PM, AlphaWulfx said:

Since the new update i can no longer set permissions in groups at all.  I set them and save..then go back in to check and they are off again ???? fixed this once now doing it again with a new plug in install of the blackjack for member shops

I believe you've already got a ticket opened for this? If so, I've replied there now. If not, can you PM me what other apps you've got installed as this may be an issue with them. I've tested group permissions with several of my major apps and it's saving permissions fine.

2 hours ago, CiberBob said:

I have a problem I have the smiley faces that are added to the URLs:

Can you give an example of your video title?