Videos Support

• 3 months later...

Michael, I am looking for a solution that allows my members to upload a video in MP4 format, and then have it displayed. 

I am running into a problem where the audio is the only thing that gets shown to the viewer, no video is being displayed.  Will your system display the actual videos?  (Of a member uploaded video file, not a youtube link)

1 hour ago, Nathan Explosion said:

?

My point: you asked a dev if something could be done, I have provided the background to why the question was asked 

Still not quite getting it Nathan, you have a fix for my issue, you know about the developers product and know how it can or can not solve my issue, or something else?

13 hours ago, wmarcy said:

Michael, I am looking for a solution that allows my members to upload a video in MP4 format, and then have it displayed. 

Would you be able to PM me a copy of the mp4 file so I can test with it? You going to have some issues with display videos that aren't html5 friendly. I've really only included basic support for html5 video and the Videos app is primarily geared towards embeds like YouTube instead.

Hi. I have a question about the application. If a 5-minute movie recorded with a phone takes 1GB, does it take up so much web space when thrown from a file into the application? Is there compression like on YT?

Second question. If we embed a movie from a YT link on the website, does it take up disk space?

Edited by PSMP Klub Malawi

As I mentioned in my reply just above yours, I'm only supporting basic html5 videos in this app. There is no compression or transcoding, it just uploads the file straight to the server.

Any videos hosted by Youtube won't count to your own diskspace. It's basically just an embed and bit of code, no actual video will be uploaded to your server.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/8/2022 at 4:45 PM, PSMP Klub Malawi said:

I have a minor problem with the application. Comments below the video are not read. Even after being read, they are displayed as unread. Can I set it up somewhere? I did not find this option. Forum comments disappear from unread forums, from videos they do not.

Do you mean within the unread content section? Can you clarify how they are not read?

4 hours ago, Michael.J said:

Do you mean within the unread content section?

Yes

4 hours ago, Michael.J said:

Can you clarify how they are not read?

I do not know.  In filters, I have set it to show unread content and yet it does not disappear.  Only after clicking mark as read, the comments from the video disappear.

Is it possible to add embed, or rather Media Tag from DropBox?
If so, could you tell me how to put it there?

Example:
Original Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/3mxtp4flobv18em/Trailer.mp4?dl=0
Video Link: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/3mxtp4flobv18em/Trailer.mp4?

Small Note: I just need that when adding the link, replace ONLY the ID, that is, in the example above, "3mxtp4flobv18em" without quotes.

Video is just an example. I already used such links in posts, through <iframe> or even <video>, but if there is a way to do this on the Videos platform, it would be perfect, I would appreciate the help because all the attempts I made did not work.

Another thing, reading the previous 32 pages with your examples I tried like this in Media Tag:
Site Match:  https://www.dropbox.com/s/(\S+?)/Trailer.mp4?dl=0 
Site Replace: <div style="text-align: center;"><iframe width="100%" height="100%" src="https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/$1/Trailer.mp4 ?" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allow="accelerometer; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe></div>

But it didn't work either 😓

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

@Michael.J

I am having problem with Video APP...

I have upgraded to IBP to latest version believe 4.7.1 update my PHP to 8.1

and all over my site is having problem with video app, post them on your site on bugtracker but now answer for couple days

Also I have compared vidoe app 3.5.4 on my site and the one on download on your site Videos v3.5.4 (IP.Board 4.7.x)

There is no difference...

So did you update your script to IPB 4.7 and PHP 8.1?????
You said here https://www.devfuse.com/forums/topic/13198-michael-when-are-you-going-to-release-470-compatible-version-of-your-apps/?do=findComment&comment=30509 

YOU DID But there are lots of problem I do not want to disable video app please please check your bug tracker and site for problem

thanks

Edited by media
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

After update on ipb 4.7.2,  Videos is disabled and locked.

We are currently in the process of migrating our platform from PHP7 to PHP8 in order to provide you with the greatest level of performance and security. We've identified and disabled one or more Applications or Plugins currently installed on your site which contain PHP8 incompatible code. To re-enable, you will have to upgrade to a PHP8 compatible version. Refer to the AdminCP Support page for more info.

All my apps and plugins were manually tested with IPB 4.7.0 and PHP 8.1 but it appears IPS have required further changes to be made. I'll be going through and updating them all again in the coming weeks but until then, if you are using the latest version, none of these logs appear to be critical and you are able to manually enable the application again until I've updated this.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...