When is IPB 4.0 ?

Markus Becker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to know when its releasing , I want to know how it will look like , I want to know everything about it now, But wait don't tell me yet, the excitement is in waiting and being surprised! But give me clue as to which Quarter this year it may be available !

:thumbsup:

When it's ready. If you readed other thread when they have it read they will release it. As of right now "offically" even modders don't have access to it yet meaning it not even in Beta. The quarter your see tho is when it comes out, which onebody really knows.

Unless I'm mistaken and everything is coming in one package, I think it would be awesome if they released IP Board first when it's ready instead of having to wait for gallery, nexus, etc etc.

Sort of, but we see how the change will effect in the 4.0 series comapre to what it is now.

In the past they have done major releases before the apps for it were ready, but that is a bad idea, in my opinion, because then if people upgrade they have to do without a lot of major first party apps.

Not all the way, usually it been major release and than maintenance release thereforth after. That how I saw it from being a member for over two or three years; I forget.

We will be releasing the entire suite together. We will not be releasing just the board with the other apps to follow. It is important with 4.0 to begin thinking of our lineup as a suite, and not just as a forum application with addon applications. :)

When we release, we will also have documentation, converters, an updated website, and everything else in between that is necessary to support the new product ready to go as well. There is a lot more to a product release than just the software.

One month and 2 days without any blog entry :cry:

:console:

That means one month and 2 days of un-interrupted, moving forward, development time without having to be distracted and write blog entries about stuff they've already done.

<_< :frantics:

:tongue:

That means one month and 2 days of un-interrupted, moving forward, development time without having to be distracted and write blog entries about stuff they've already done.

<_< :frantics:

:tongue:

Thats exactly what I thought. I feel a big blog coming ....... *Can feel it in me bones I tell thee ..

*in terrible pirate accent

We will be releasing the entire suite together. We will not be releasing just the board with the other apps to follow. It is important with 4.0 to begin thinking of our lineup as a suite, and not just as a forum application with addon applications. :smile:

I hope this won't upset people with not all applications purchased. As you did not buy the whole compilation, but just a few parts of it.

Kinda remembers me of all those iPhone games out there: "To use this feature please pay another 1,99€!" and so on.

I think the upgrade process from v3.x to v4 is important (including info for root sites, subdomains etc) and everyone would appreciate any info on that. As far as I know the is no word on that yet.

Is there something specific you're wanting to know? Yes the upgrade process is important...but really it's just an upgrade routine. It's not that exciting and there's not much to say. "You run the upgrader, it upgrades your site".

(Ok there's a little more to it than that sure)

I hope this won't upset people with not all applications purchased. As you did not buy the whole compilation, but just a few parts of it.

Kinda remembers me of all those iPhone games out there: "To use this feature please pay another 1,99€!" and so on.

I think it would upset clients who did purchase "Application X" more that they can't upgrade because Application X hasn't been updated yet. With 4.0 our approach is that we are releasing a suite of applications, and that means all applications will be released simultaneously.

I think it's time now to start to reveal things from the public side...

Ya been a long time give us a blog! xD

Thats exactly what I thought. I feel a big blog coming ....... *Can feel it in me bones I tell thee ..

*in terrible pirate accent

We can only hope sooner than later. :P

Not sure why there is a need for separate Tracker categories for 4.0... ?

attachicon.gif?????? ?????? 2014-02-11 ? 19.26.36.png

It issues with the CORE of the code that runs everything and the other code that runs the applications. Even tho the app is core in to the main code it still has different areas and parts (i.e. - Blog, Gallery, etc) that is not fully with the core. Thus I would think the different areas.

Archived