spam posts

Since the upgrade, our forum has been inundated with spam posts originating from our members' accounts. It appears that these spammers are utilizing our members' accounts to submit posts containing spam URLs. Despite our implementation of hCaptcha, the issue persists unabated.

This influx of spam posts is not only disruptive but also undermines the integrity and usability of our forum for our genuine members. It is imperative that we find a solution to this problem promptly to maintain the quality of our platform and user experience.

I kindly request your assistance in investigating this matter and implementing measures to mitigate the occurrence of such spam posts in the future. If there are any further details or actions required from my end to facilitate this process, please do not hesitate to let me know.

57 minutes ago, Ihia said:

It appears that these spammers are utilizing our members' accounts to submit posts

This is uncommon as this sounds like your member use weak passwords and those accounts got compromised - at least you should consider this possibility imo.
Good luck 

There is nothing within the upgrade that would cause something like this in any way. The only way this can happen is if the spammers have the login details for those accounts already. If its happening on a huge number of accounts, it may be worth force changing passwords on accounts.

Its worth noting here, that hCaptcha will do nothing to resolve an issue with spam from existing members. They do not use captcha when posting, as they are members. Its also worth noting we have 2 factor authentication on the software that would prevent this from happening. It would be worth using this and enforcing it for your members if you have such issues

Thank you, Marc Stridgen. I've forced all members to reset their passwords, but despite this, the same spam issue persists. Even after all members have reset their passwords, spam continues to come from numerous accounts.

If they are spam users, then of course they will get the spam reset requests. The only option at that point would be to remove the users from being able to post. If you know they are genuine users, its possible they have compromised email accounts I would guess. In any case, if they are getting in with genuine login details, even after having them reset the password, thats not really a software issue unfortunately.