When is IPB 4.0 ?

Markus Becker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Management

I like how you decided to skip February, never liked that month anyway.

Yeah it's a short, useless month. But at least this error will keep ZakRhyno and marklcfc from hating on everything.

Brandon was complaining how boring calendars are. I think he was just trying to spice things up a bit with some reorganizing.

• Management

Yeah it's a short, useless month.

Brandon was complaining how boring calendars are. I think he was just trying to spice things up a bit with some reorganizing.

Just wait to see what we've done with August!

Another cool thing in 4.0 that I doubt will ever warrant a full blog entry is the "Create" menu.

It's basically a button in the top level nav bar that shows on every page. Depending on what apps you have installed the menu will prompt a user to create content. So from anywhere in the Suite you can click Create and the menu to go right to posting a new content item. It's a great way for users to be encouraged to create content in your community no matter where they are. Let's say you have IP.Downloads, IP.Calendar, and IP.Content installed. In that scenario the Create menu may prompt you to choose to create a file, event, or article. Of course you can always do the same right inside the app so think of the menu is a quick start.

Again, it's a small thing but it really ties together the user experience and encourages participation.

I agree Charles it is a great addition to the suite and great idea!

And finally one more tidbit for today:

attachicon.giffooter.png

That's a screenshot of the footer in 4.0. Yes: we now have a simple contact form built in :smile:

Nice I will enjoy having this now and will fix many issues! Got a few questions about the contact form but I wait to a blog post as it may answer my questions and all. (It's about how Nexus will be use with this) One question, where is the Help link at, as I use this feature?

Yeah it's a short, useless month. But at least this error will keep ZakRhyno and marklcfc from hating on everything.

Huh!?!? What makes you said I hate on everything. I was trying to give some feedback on what I believe to improve the product. Would you please, explain.

Archived