When is IPB 4.0 ?

Markus Becker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i like the idea Invision power is taking a great LEAP into rebuilding its website into IP.4 but its taking too long. Not that I don't like waiting but the current one should of been enhanced a little- adding some extra features. We'll now its too late- all we can do is wait. If they had added more features to the current I.P board people wouldn't be anticipating the new one.

Forcing avatars to be round in topics seems like a strange design decision. Something my users would definitely complain about. Its great you can turn it off, I just hope IPB wont continue to go in this style-over-function direction.

Sorry didn't mean anything bad by it, just thought to give you some feedback. Don't you want stuff like that? Even when your in the pre-alpha phase? Your guys stay you like feedback just thought I give some base on what I saw.

But aren't they way beyond the alpha phase? If you look at the bug tracker, Aiwa had submitted an issue about the calendar date format and BFarber said it was fixed in 4.0 beta...

I actually like the design. Yes, a different style choice, but I'm sure for the theme designers out there they can change it in their themes if they wish. They're just trying to satisfy everyone. I for one do like the new profile/avatar looks. Plus from Charles' image of the profiles, it looks like they may try introducing a cover photo-like background for profiles? Certainly interesting (and something I'd love). Hope to see more of what the rest of the profiles look like!

But aren't they way beyond the alpha phase? If you look at the bug tracker, Aiwa had submitted an issue about the calendar date format and BFarber said it was fixed in 4.0 beta...

To my knowledge it still Alpha, beta is for when people get there hands on it and test it. Just my thoughts till ease wise I'm just calling it that.

When bugs are fixed in the code, they are marked in the bug tracker accordingly... that doesn't mean there is a build available however, just that the issue has been fixed in xx version, even if that version has not yet been completed, built, and released.

Does Debbie still do customer support for IPS? Just randomly came to mind for some reason. For some reason I could never remember if it was Matt's sister or wife, but anyway, she always seemed helpful and nice.

You forgot the /random thought

:)

And yes Debbie still brings a smile to our customer service department!

• Management

Hi,

Its 11:00 pm, any chance of this coming out at midnight? (Just Kidding)

Mathematically speaking, yes.

Hi,

Its 11:00 pm, any chance of this coming out at midnight? (Just Kidding)

Normally speaking, no.

Archived