Members Shop ( Support Topic )

On 7/22/2019 at 4:13 AM, Morrigan said:

I'm getting this issue currently as well. I am running the most recent version (1.2.0).

does the user have any points already or is it blank? I will look into it with-in the next couple of days

On 7/20/2019 at 7:13 PM, Asm said:

I'll explain it on the example of my community. Much of features you can "buy" for points with this plugin, we provide users with "free". Therefore, our users have two incentives: competitive interest (who will gain the most) and giving gifts that can be "bought" for points. 
It's a really popular feature - for versions of the 3.x community there were such plugins: by user's request admin could create gifts - for example, a "teddy toy" or some other nonsense - and user give it to someone publicly - so that everyone could see the gift in the profile. This is the basis for many jokes, although often quick to start and go, but strangely enough, it increases community involvement, retains users, and often improves community relations.
Therefore, the ability to display gifts in a profile (and spend points on such gifts) is an interesting feature. It would be great, of course, in this case, to upload your own images for gifts, but it is not so important.

I will be looking into adding more items etc but depending on the coding required will depend on if it will be a add-on, I will look into something along them lines

Hey, didn`t know there is a support topic.
Few bugs I`ve found:

1. Can`t edit member points via the ACP at the "Edit Prefernces" section. I get an error message caused by the 'Members Shop' app.
The save worked only after I disabled the app so it must be it (Sent at PM the error message).

2. When you perementaly delete a status it doesn`t remove the points gained for it, for posts it works excellent.

3. When you add a picture to an item it doesn`t show it when you enter the product page, only at the shop view. When I enter the product page it keeps showing the fa-icon the item has.

Also, is there anything new about the error message from purchasing & using  "Guess the number"? we talked about it at pm.
Thanks for the support!

A few more things - would like if there will be auto re-stock for products and if there was an option to set view permissions for categories for different groups. Useful in case you would want to make a special category which available for specific groups.

Edited by DarkClaWz
On 7/23/2019 at 3:48 PM, TheJackal84 said:
On 7/20/2019 at 2:13 PM, Asm said:

I'll explain it on the example of my community. Much of features you can "buy" for points with this plugin, we provide users with "free". Therefore, our users have two incentives: competitive interest (who will gain the most) and giving gifts that can be "bought" for points. 
It's a really popular feature - for versions of the 3.x community there were such plugins: by user's request admin could create gifts - for example, a "teddy toy" or some other nonsense - and user give it to someone publicly - so that everyone could see the gift in the profile. This is the basis for many jokes, although often quick to start and go, but strangely enough, it increases community involvement, retains users, and often improves community relations.
Therefore, the ability to display gifts in a profile (and spend points on such gifts) is an interesting feature. It would be great, of course, in this case, to upload your own images for gifts, but it is not so important.

I will be looking into adding more items etc but depending on the coding required will depend on if it will be a add-on, I will look into something along them lines

This functionality is very common, and is also desired by my community. It is provided for in Xenforo's shop add-on, as well as many prior shop add-ons over IPS lifetime. Basically, graphical items for the post bit and profile. They can be purchased and traded. Users absolutely love them. The ability to re-arrange the display of these items, and to pick between, say, the top 10 of them to display in post-bit is lovely. 

I have also requested, multiple times, as have many other users, the ability to buy access to additional usergroups. We like to maintain one primary group (member or staff level) and do other privs as additionals.

Finally, @TheJackal84, members shop is completely broken on my board and results in a Error: Call to a member function url() on array (0) error. I provided more information in PM to you yesterday. 

Has anyone used the referral bonus with member shop, as I cant figure out the way to use it?

I Switched on the registration referrer but nothing seem to happen in the registration page.

image.png.6f18e08e3e2a98dd829e375c92707e49.png

In an ideal scenario, I like to award 50 points to both referrer and the new member. Hope its possible?

On 7/23/2019 at 9:38 PM, Morrigan said:

They have points already, yes.

This will be fixed in the next couple of days I just need to finish putting in some updates to it, Like time delays with purchasing items etc

On 7/24/2019 at 1:49 AM, DarkClaWz said:

1. Can`t edit member points via the ACP at the "Edit Prefernces" section. I get an error message caused by the 'Members Shop' app.
The save worked only after I disabled the app so it must be it (Sent at PM the error message).

Same as above

2. When you perementaly delete a status it doesn`t remove the points gained for it, for posts it works excellent.

I will check it out

3. When you add a picture to an item it doesn`t show it when you enter the product page, only at the shop view. When I enter the product page it keeps showing the fa-icon the item has.

Do you mean the actual items page? I am seeing all the images on my board, I will look into the coding anyway

On 7/25/2019 at 11:45 PM, Wolf said:

This functionality is very common, and is also desired by my community. It is provided for in Xenforo's shop add-on, as well as many prior shop add-ons over IPS lifetime. Basically, graphical items for the post bit and profile. They can be purchased and traded. Users absolutely love them. The ability to re-arrange the display of these items, and to pick between, say, the top 10 of them to display in post-bit is lovely. 

I have also requested, multiple times, as have many other users, the ability to buy access to additional usergroups. We like to maintain one primary group (member or staff level) and do other privs as additionals.

Something along them lines are already in the works

On 7/25/2019 at 11:45 PM, Wolf said:

Finally, @TheJackal84, members shop is completely broken on my board and results in a Error: Call to a member function url() on array (0) error. I provided more information in PM to you yesterday.

Send me a PM with login details if you can and I will look into it

On 7/26/2019 at 7:59 PM, Gauravk said:

I Switched on the registration referrer but nothing seem to happen in the registration page.

It should show up on the registration page with a little select member setting

On 7/26/2019 at 7:59 PM, Gauravk said:

In an ideal scenario, I like to award 50 points to both referrer and the new member. Hope its possible?

you can only award points like that to all new members who joins, there is a setting for awarding new members starting off points

17 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

Do you mean the actual items page? I am seeing all the images on my board, I will look into the coding anyway

At the categories where you can see all the items - it shows normally.
When you go to a specific product page (which displays it description, price, times purchased and in stock) the image doesn`t show up and the fa-icon shows.

I'm having a problem where a specific user (the only user on a 150 member board) doesn't seem to be able to receive points.

Everyone else in his group is able to receive points but points manually awarded, donated, or points received from posting are not being added to his account. Any idea?

image.thumb.png.74cef483c67ad4c14bf174a20bde9030.png

On 8/1/2019 at 6:59 PM, Soluna16 said:

I'm having a problem where a specific user (the only user on a 150 member board) doesn't seem to be able to receive points.

Everyone else in his group is able to receive points but points manually awarded, donated, or points received from posting are not being added to his account. Any idea?

image.thumb.png.74cef483c67ad4c14bf174a20bde9030.png

It appears to be all new users after I installed the app

Error reported when one member tried donating to another member. Please help urgently as we have quite active system for donations

UnderflowException: lang_not_exists__mailsub__membersshop_notification_donate_donations (0)
#0 /home/carnity/public_html/carnity.com/system/Email/Email.php(471): IPS\_Lang->get('mailsub__member...')
#1 /home/carnity/public_html/carnity.com/system/Email/Email.php(811): IPS\_Email->compileSubject(Object(IPS\Member), Object(IPS\Lang))
#2 /home/carnity/public_html/carnity.com/system/Notification/Notification.php(574): IPS\_Email->mergeAndSend(Array, NULL, NULL, Array, Object(IPS\Lang))
#3 /home/carnity/public_html/carnity.com/system/Notification/Notification.php(555): IPS\_Notification->sendEmails(Array, Array)
#4 /home/carnity/public_html/carnity.com/applications/membersshop/modules/front/shop/main.php(305): IPS\_Notification->send()
#5 /home/carnity/public_html/carnity.com/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\membersshop\modules\front\shop\_main->donatepoints()
#6 /home/carnity/public_html/carnity.com/applications/membersshop/modules/front/shop/main.php(25): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/carnity/public_html/carnity.com/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\membersshop\modules\front\shop\_main->execute()
#8 /home/carnity/public_html/carnity.com/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

BACKTRACE

#0 /home/carnity/public_html/carnity.com/init.php(894): IPS\_Log::log('UnderflowExcept...', 'uncaught_except...')
#1 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::exceptionHandler(Object(UnderflowException))
#2 {main}

Edited by Gauravk
On 11/27/2017 at 3:18 PM, TheJackal84 said:

This is the suppport topic for Members Shop

Hello, i need help with your plugin.

1. When my system create a topic automatic, my customer didn't receive money. How i fix it? I'm using the tutorials plugin from Adriano,  and your plugin don't have integration with this app. Then i setup a good value on support topic, but don't count. How i fix it?

2. How the admin/super admin spend your money? I make a order but never lost money. I have remove this privilegy.

3. How i give money when my member receive a tropheu?

Any time I try to install this app I get this error:  The application you uploaded cannot be installed because it is not a valid application, the archive is corrupt or the file and directory permissions in /applications do not allow it. 

Is there a way to manually upgrade it? I am able to upgrade other applications using the builtin upgrade tool. 

On 8/13/2019 at 9:52 AM, 403 - Forbideen said:

Hello, i need help with your plugin.

1. When my system create a topic automatic, my customer didn't receive money. How i fix it? I'm using the tutorials plugin from Adriano,  and your plugin don't have integration with this app. Then i setup a good value on support topic, but don't count. How i fix it?

2. How the admin/super admin spend your money? I make a order but never lost money. I have remove this privilegy.

3. How i give money when my member receive a tropheu?

I found another bug. How i fix it? When i try to add money to any member via admincp
image.thumb.png.efdcfb974cf50e373c455a70493a8de3.png

3 hours ago, 403 - Forbideen said:

@TheJackal84, please help me.

I have said a few times but people don't like back tracking posts or reading any before they create a new one, Yes it is a bug with adding points via the ACP and is fixed for the next update, the next update is taking a bit longer then expected but should be out some point next week

On 8/14/2019 at 6:47 AM, Wolf said:

The lack of support, considering this is a paid add-on, is abysmal. The add-on is broken on my site as well as other users' sites and none of us have been answered. 

yeah sorry I am not available 24/7 but sometimes things happen in life where it needs more attention then here and I might need a week off, the update will be next week and it should be sorted, don't worry about changing your review once its done leave it be, it took you a year and 1 missed support request to actually want to leave one anyway

13 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

The lack of support, considering this is a paid add-on, is abysmal

All modules for all forum scripts, have been created by a single person, and not by big companies with dedicated support team. They're humans and not machines. They need their time to rest theirselves. I can understand your problem perfectly, especially when you see your site down and you don't know what to do to solve it. Happen also to me. But from the other side you can understand that the author is not a slave to work 14 hours, every day. Give him a time space to reply. When you see that there are 44 pages of comments, you can't say that he does not cares to give support.

Edited by ChrisTERiS
18 hours ago, TheJackal84 said:

it took you a year and 1 missed support request to actually want to leave one anyway

I left a five star review until my issue went ignored for almost an entire month, as I reported the issue on July 25th. I adjusted the review (deleted and reposted) after giving plenty of time to support my issue. This was not a feature request or an addition, but the fact that the application I paid for was totally broken on my board. It's one thing for an application that is free or community supported to have this sort of issue, but I am a paying customer. I've purchased multiple add-ons from you and to be without support when one completely refuses to function is a very frustrating experience.

I have no issue updating my review when an appropriate fix is put out; my members love the application when it works. The problem is, right now, it doesn't. I've been in the dark for support on something I've paid for for my community, and a little "hey, things are rough right now, I'll address in approximately x timeperiod" would have been nice.