Members Shop ( Support Topic )

6 minutes ago, Mark Spieker said:

Sorry, I'm new here, how long is appropriate to wait before reposting? Is everything ok in your life @TheJackal84? I hope so, take care, love your product, would just like to get the errors worked out mate. 

Thanks, Mark

sorry mate was meant to get back to you, if it's OK send me a pm with your sites url and login details and I can look into it tomorrow afternoon ( UK time )

On 6/25/2019 at 11:48 AM, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

For some reason points (cash in my case) are being displayed incorrectly on user info panel?

cash1.PNG.8fef1140af0228592d49aba65f314bcb.PNGcash2.thumb.PNG.65bcfa8a49118ea8c11d73a1ff83d306.PNG

will be apart of

so will look into that, also give that gunner a extra 10,000,000,000,000,000 points for supporting a proper team :biggrin:

On 6/23/2019 at 6:19 AM, Tripp★ said:

I'm not sure when it happened but for some reason new members aren't getting their points when they register. 

will check it out mate

8 hours ago, Priyesh said:

I had purchased this app before. Right now its asking me to buy it again? Do all users need to buy it again?

No, there is a renewal after 1 year, maybe it expired? check your purchases, if not you need to contact IPS as sales etc we have no control over

Are there plans to make it possible to view another user's inventory?

We use custom items on my forum for a mini game and it would help immensely if we could see each others inventory!

EDIT: I have a question actually. The shop does not appear to deduct points from me (I am an Admin), is there any way to change this?

Edited by Soluna16
On 7/3/2019 at 11:24 PM, Soluna16 said:

Not at the minute it is not something that will be used on other sites

On 7/3/2019 at 11:24 PM, Soluna16 said:

EDIT: I have a question actually. The shop does not appear to deduct points from me (I am an Admin), is there any way to change this?

Go to the ACP and then staff > moderators then edit the permissions in the members shop tab

16 hours ago, Priyesh said:

I am facing an error while adding points manually to a user account.

I will look into it today

I have another plugin installed called the Enhanced User Info Panel which shows users information on posts including the bonus points the user has.
After upgrading to your last update the plugin stopped showing the latest user points - http://prntscr.com/obv8dz

The user has 5000 Points but still shows 1650. Not sure if this is a bug in Members Shop or the other plugin.

19 hours ago, Priyesh said:

I have another plugin installed called the Enhanced User Info Panel which shows users information on posts including the bonus points the user has.
After upgrading to your last update the plugin stopped showing the latest user points - http://prntscr.com/obv8dz

The user has 5000 Points but still shows 1650. Not sure if this is a bug in Members Shop or the other plugin.

that plugin needs a update for it, it should be out this week

On 7/4/2019 at 1:24 AM, Soluna16 said:

On 7/6/2019 at 2:23 PM, TheJackal84 said:

Not at the minute it is not something that will be used on other sites

This is why we still have not bought this application (and do not use more pirated versions for testing, yes :) ).
We would like to use this application to exchange points for the “goods” we have created - just like a gift "shop". Now it turns out that the purchased (or donated by someone) created "good" almost makes no sense, because only the one to whom it was presented sees it. In addition, this gift disappears if its owner presses "use"; this is correct, because the gift does not have any function, but it would be more interesting for users to see who gave what to whom. And it would be nice if the gift holder could only “return” it, but not “use” it.
As soon as such functionality will be in this application, we will immediately buy it.

1 hour ago, Asm said:

It is a pity, because, besides this, the functionality is excellent.

Hello,

There are several ways to build such system by using 2-3 apps together... here is one way that I can share without getting a virtual jackalous slap. (Oxford 2020)

If you use "Members Shop" + "Trophies and medals" by @Fosters together; you can achieve something similar to what you need.

You'll simply have to add your "goods" as trophies or medals; after purchase + use, they will receive a trophy/medal that will be shown publicly.

Here are the shop items available within the Members shop app.

- Random trophy ( This will generate a random trophy and award it to the member, If the member has the award already then they will lose and not gain anything, By the laws of average 10 trophys in play will work out to a 10% chance of winning )
- Buy a trophy ( You will create a item with your chosen trophy attached and allow users to buy them )
- Buy a medal ( You will create a item with your chosen medal attached and allow users to buy them )

Et voilà!

Edited by SerialNoob
8 minutes ago, Asm said:

@SerialNoob, yes, we considered this, but this is also $30. Unfortunately, 30+30+renewals=too expensive for our non-commercial community. 😞 These applications are really worth the money, but two together is expensive for us.

Well then the only way would be to add a custom shop item + add manually the "goods" in a profile field that can only be modified by staff.

On 6/23/2019 at 6:19 AM, Tripp★ said:

@TheJackal84

I'm not sure when it happened but for some reason new members aren't getting their points when they register. 

Actually the problem seems to be deeper than this. I don't know if it was fixed in 1.2.0 of the app but no points seems to be applied:

image.thumb.png.362dd40cd750e349b7eab08a15550feb.png

According to the logs, people are being awarded points, but they're not actually getting those points. I think this broke in 1.1.9. On closer inspection it seems that the app is still reading the points from the original location in the database or it's confused between the two. The app also hasn't transferred the amount of points I have from the original location to the new location. 

Edited by Tripp★
23 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

what version are you using? there was a bug but should of been fixed in the latest version

Now I'm using 1.2.0, shall I test it?

Ah yes! That's fixed it. Unfortunately there is going to have to be some manual fixing to be done, as there is a lot of points changes made between the 1.1.9 and 1.2.0 update. But at least it's working! Thanks.

Edited by Tripp★
On 7/17/2019 at 8:29 AM, Lycanth said:

Agreed. I would have loved the ability to see other members inventories too!

I honestly can't see the point in looking at someone else's inventory but if enough people request it then I won't ignore the request, it seems like a pointless waste of code to check what someone is holding and not used yet, that would make sense if you had like a award cabnet where you would buy a item what will award you a image or something what can be unique what will show in a cabnet maybe in their profiles as a new tab

On 7/17/2019 at 8:29 AM, Lycanth said:

Also, is it possible yet to create our own images for items?

Still not 100% sure what you mean by this I have had requests for own images in for items and if you mean instead of a font-awesome icon then yes

@TheJackal84, I'll explain it on the example of my community. Much of features you can "buy" for points with this plugin, we provide users with "free". Therefore, our users have two incentives: competitive interest (who will gain the most) and giving gifts that can be "bought" for points. 
It's a really popular feature - for versions of the 3.x community there were such plugins: by user's request admin could create gifts - for example, a "teddy toy" or some other nonsense - and user give it to someone publicly - so that everyone could see the gift in the profile. This is the basis for many jokes, although often quick to start and go, but strangely enough, it increases community involvement, retains users, and often improves community relations.
Therefore, the ability to display gifts in a profile (and spend points on such gifts) is an interesting feature. It would be great, of course, in this case, to upload your own images for gifts, but it is not so important.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator