Members Shop ( Support Topic )

4 minutes ago, Gauravk said:

Please confirm if these settings are sufficient or not.....?

Are they logging out before re-visiting the next day? if they don't login then it don't class as a login so to stay logged in and visit the next day won't award them, the best one to do is the last activity because they need to post or do something in the day

1 minute ago, TheJackal84 said:

Are they logging out before re-visiting the next day? if they don't login then it don't class as a login so to stay logged in and visit the next day won't award them, the best one to do is the last activity because they need to post or do something in the day

I don't think anyone is logging out from such community to log back next day. It' not a banking system.

Can you change the behavior please as its very non-user-friendly to ask them to log out and log in each day that will deter the participation? You know users are too lazy and one more step is enough to make them lose the interest.

We would be more interested in last visit option than last activity so that they can earn points for just logging back to the system (as it says in your app) - without logging out/in.

Maybe you can tie this based on the calendar instead of session instances, just a thought.

4 minutes ago, Gauravk said:

I don't think anyone is logging out from such community to log back next day. It' not a banking system.

Can you change the behavior please as its very non-user-friendly to ask them to log out and log in each day that will deter the participation? You know users are too lazy and one more step is enough to make them lose the interest.

We would be more interested in last visit option than last activity so that they can earn points for just logging back to the system (as it says in your app) - without logging out/in.

Maybe you can tie this based on the calendar instead of session instances, just a thought.

there is not much to work with on the core with ips and the members last visit, login, activity etc those are the options available, like I said use last activity and then if they like a comment or do what ever it will log it, I won't be making none to go with the calendar app, I don't use the calender app and lots of others don't either

8 minutes ago, Gauravk said:

(as it says in your app)

Bonus Points

• Award bonus points based on a daily basis ( Members will need to login at least once in that time period )

login is logging in, if you don't sign out you don't login, I visit here daily without logging in because I already am logged in

I meant for calendar using the actual date and time and not the calendar app.

Like at 00:01 - 23:59 count 1 day by programming and award bonus points for every 24 hours if they become active in those 24 hours, irrespective of logging in or already logged in.

On 4/20/2019 at 1:19 PM, Lycanth said:

So we can have a custom image in the shop, but it won't show in a members inventory?

Is there any way to edit it so it DOES show in inventory?

Also, was just testing and when i bought my custom item it returned me to a blank white page when i hit 'buy now' and then chose 'buy and store'.

Any help, please? I'm willing to edit the code so the unique images show in myitems. I'm not worried about any possible extra load on my server.

6 hours ago, Lycanth said:

Any help, please? I'm willing to edit the code so the unique images show in myitems. I'm not worried about any possible extra load on my server.

it is not just adding a code. it will require another database table and columns, then you need to edit another 2 database tables to add columns then you need to edit the files so that afer buying the item it will send the data to those tables storing the columns, then you need to write it so that it will duplicate any images linked to the item and re-create them to be placed in the users myitems page database tables, then you need to write a code so that when a user claims the item it will then delete all images linked to that item, it is not about server load, it is about having 1000's of the same images depending how many people buy the items

@TheJackal84 I understand what you're saying and I appreciate your feedback and advice, but doesn't the trophies app do something similar? Also the IPB3 version of shop allowed images to show in the inventory. Would you allow me to hire someone (or yourself!) to modify it to do what I'm trying to?

Also, like the above person I get a blank screen after purchase as well.

Edited by Lycanth
On 4/23/2019 at 10:35 AM, Lycanth said:

@TheJackal84 I understand what you're saying and I appreciate your feedback and advice, but doesn't the trophies app do something similar? Also the IPB3 version of shop allowed images to show in the inventory. Would you allow me to hire someone (or yourself!) to modify it to do what I'm trying to?

Also, like the above person I get a blank screen after purchase as well.

Any update for the black screen ?

@Lycanth @Fierce Godhand I found a solution, create a user and make it a bot, like a Bot name, bot titles etc

You can configure the plugin to get the bot automatically sending DM's with the voucher to users.

There will be no blank screen anymore.

It's working with me! 

It's a test, but working very nice! If you need help contact me, I will show you my settings!

image.thumb.png.2fb751db203151d5fa4121e1ebc9aa81.png

Edited by Ginzeru
On 4/23/2019 at 8:35 AM, Lycanth said:

I understand what you're saying and I appreciate your feedback and advice, but doesn't the trophies app do something similar? Also the IPB3 version of shop allowed images to show in the inventory. Would you allow me to hire someone (or yourself!) to modify it to do what I'm trying to?

When you are talking about images are you talking about ones users keep? like they would a trophy?, basically buy a item and get a image stored on your profile?, When I talk about myitems stuff they are not something the user keeps they are just to store for a later date

On 4/22/2019 at 1:16 PM, Ginzeru said:

Hello man, i love this plugin ! But members don't receive anything after buying vouchers, it's just blank.

just see this, see you got it sorted, it should not of allowed you to save that item if you did not have a member in the settings for who sends the PM, it should of thrown a error saying you need to add one etc, I will look into that

13 hours ago, Fierce God said:

do we need to have this - 

No, that is for say you have multiple codes and you want to add them all to one item, with that extension you can add as many as you want to one item, where as the default one only holds 1 code per item

13 hours ago, Fierce God said:

@TheJackal84 

do you have plans of making integration with commerce, so we can have the points be a way of payment?

if not, can you plz consider this, i have over 100 suggestions on my site asking for this feature, lol

The idea on its own is certainly something that I intrinsically support to extend Member Shop to include all apps.  But I think any admin who wants to actually integrate a digital points system with real money needs to think through all the consequences.  

For eaxmple:

1. Do you want to allow bi-directional exchange? (Eg. exchange points for dollars and dollars for points?) What if users accrue a lot of points that could potentially be transferred all at once? What if you change the exchange rate, which can increase or decrease the dollar worth of points overnight? Do you have terms that govern and explain the use of points? 

2. Do the payment gateways allow the purchase of digital points? 

3. Are you potentially changing the nature and motivation of posting from an intrinsic reward (eg. Self satisfaction) to a monetary reward (eg. posting to earn money)? 

4. Does the spending of points scale to the accumulation of points? How much inflation is built into your points economy, and how can you control it? 

5. How do you protect against abuse and fraud of digital points, especially when they can be redeemed for real money? 

Designing a well-thought digital points system that can be converted into real currency probably needs to address all of these points and more.  

On 4/27/2019 at 2:23 AM, Lycanth said:

Yes the ones people keep, just like a trophy or award.

So it's basically a new item, I'll see what I can do, It might be a add-on etc but we'll see, also could take a couple of weeks as I have a lot going on at the minute

16 hours ago, Fierce God said:

do you have plans of making integration with commerce, so we can have the points be a way of payment?

I have made one already what allows you to pay via points etc in commerce but it was a private one, I don't have permission to make it public ( just yet ) but soon enough I can do it

1 hour ago, Joel R said:

1. Do you want to allow bi-directional exchange? (Eg. exchange points for dollars and dollars for points?) What if users accrue a lot of points that could potentially be transferred all at once? What if you change the exchange rate, which can increase or decrease the dollar worth of points overnight? Do you have terms that govern and explain the use of points? 

Somthing like that I would say you just have to maybe do something along the lines of 1 points = 1 cent so 100 points = $1, the dollar won't change it will always be 100 for $1 as if you had $1 in your pocket and the exchange rate changes you $ in your pocked won't ( this can be your default currency not just the $ ), if you are using multiple currencys then the rest could change depending how much of say the £ you get for the $, Don't allow them to cash out, terms can be easily wrote up

2 hours ago, Joel R said:

Have to check with your gateway providers, but if you are using them to allow purchases I don't see the point of selling them, I would say its long to buy points then use them points to buy something, just pay using the $$$ I used to buy the points with otherwise I am not going through a long process buying 2 things for 1 item each time

3. Are you potentially changing the nature and motivation of posting from an intrinsic reward (eg. Self satisfaction) to a monetary reward (eg. posting to earn money)? 

people love money lol you see how many people use that silly adfly for like 0.000005 cents for each click loooooooooooool, to be honest it would motivate them more if they knew they could spend them in nexus etc

4. Does the spending of points scale to the accumulation of points? How much inflation is built into your points economy, and how can you control it? 

just don't go silly on the awarding of them, you are not millionaires and don't wanna give $100 per day, if you set it for posts at 1 point per post  then 1000 posts in the day will cost the site $10 so maybe use adverts etc that depending on the company could get that $10 back, I would also not allow the transfer of points for $$$, the points must be spend on site and not transferable for cash

5. How do you protect against abuse and fraud of digital points, especially when they can be redeemed for real money? 

I wouldn't allow that but again it's up to the site owner, it could be profitable especially of you allow member to sell their files etc via points but it could also break you depending how many points the current users hold lol

5 hours ago, Joel R said:

The idea on its own is certainly something that I intrinsically support to extend Member Shop to include all apps.  But I think any admin who wants to actually integrate a digital points system with real money needs to think through all the consequences.  

For eaxmple:

5 hours ago, Joel R said:

1. Do you want to allow bi-directional exchange? (Eg. exchange points for dollars and dollars for points?) What if users accrue a lot of points that could potentially be transferred all at once?

What if you change the exchange rate, which can increase or decrease the dollar worth of points overnight? Do you have terms that govern and explain the use of points? 

Designing a well-thought digital points system that can be converted into real currency probably needs to address all of these points and more.

some good points right there

and yes even with the old points system, we went thru everything and made sure we only picked the small non important stuff that could be purchased with points

the point on number one................we are too small for that.....that would be awesome to be financially big enough to allow the exchange of points for money  ------- that is if i am understanding you right? 

i do hope this can be released soon, but do agree with what @Joel R is pointing out for ppl to think about before going full force when or if the update comes out

@TheJackal84 

if i wanted to make a certain program for VIP members and wanted them to be the only ones to be able to exchange points for currency in account credit......is there a way i can do this?

Meaning, have a deposit set up just for that group, and once i see the deposit made, i credit their account with actual credit that can be withdrawn (account credit is real money) 

Edited by Fierce God
On 5/6/2019 at 6:37 PM, Fierce God said:

if i wanted to make a certain program for VIP members and wanted them to be the only ones to be able to exchange points for currency in account credit......is there a way i can do this?

Meaning, have a deposit set up just for that group, and once i see the deposit made, i credit their account with actual credit that can be withdrawn (account credit is real money) 

only way to do it is manually remove their points then manually add the credit to their account, Or you could make a custom shop item selling it for x points then when a member redeems it you will get notifed and then manually add it