Members Shop ( Support Topic )

52 minutes ago, Paul Play To Enjoy said:

When I go to shop purchases - custom purchases, I get this error:

Capture.thumb.PNG.e296380b2fa3baec6f0ab9252c912edd.PNG

Also, that problem with being directed to the homepage after any purchase is fixed but still redirects you after donating points?

I will look into the top one, the donate one will have to direct you to the homepage if your browser don't support the referrer headers, basically the fix is, if no referrer go to this page, the problem with donating, you can donate on thousands of pages and not just one, if you are buying a item I know you need to go back to the categories as you can only buy from there, if you are redeeming I know you need to go back to the myitems page as you can only redeem from there but you can donate from anywhere so it's either gonna be the homepage or members shop home page, either way depending where you donate from unless your broswer supports referrals it won't direct you to the referrer page etc, it will still be annoying to donate from a topic and go to the members shop page, this is something out fo my control as it is broswers and broswer add-ons that don't support it

Hello,

This is what I get when I "buy and store" any item

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\Request::referrer() (0)
#0 /home2/*****/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\membersshop\modules\front\shop\_main->buyItem()
#1 /home2/*****/public_html/applications/membersshop/modules/front/shop/main.php(25): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#2 /home2/*****/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\membersshop\modules\front\shop\_main->execute()
#3 /home2/*****/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#4 {main}

This is what I get when I "buy and use" any item (membership upgrade for example)

#0 /home2/*****/public_html/applications/membersshop/modules/front/shop/myitems.php(237): IPS\membersshop\modules\front\shop\_myitems->upgradeUsergroup(Object(IPS\membersshop\Purchases), Object(IPS\Member))
#1 /home2/*****/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\membersshop\modules\front\shop\_myitems->redeem()
#2 /home2/*****/public_html/applications/membersshop/modules/front/shop/myitems.php(25): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /home2/*****/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\membersshop\modules\front\shop\_myitems->execute()
#4 /home2/*****/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

This is what I get on ACP when i'm trying to access custom items redeemed

ParseError: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ',' or ')' (0)
#0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::autoloader('IPS\\membersshop...')
#1 [internal function]: spl_autoload_call('IPS\\membersshop...')
#2 /home2/*****/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(135): class_exists('IPS\\membersshop...')
#3 /home2/*****/public_html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#4 {main}

Notifications for custom items redeemed have been set but I don't receive such notifications after the upgrade.

Could you please fix?

Thanks in advance!

I also get the same message as Paul after donation

#0 /home2/*****/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\membersshop\modules\front\shop\_main->donatepoints()
#1 /home2/*****/public_html/applications/membersshop/modules/front/shop/main.php(25): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#2 /home2/*****/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\membersshop\modules\front\shop\_main->execute()
#4 {main}

13 minutes ago, SerialNoob said:

Hello,

This is what I get when I "buy and store" any item

#0 /home2/*****/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\membersshop\modules\front\shop\_main->buyItem()
#4 {main}

This is what I get when I "buy and use" any item (membership upgrade for example)

#0 /home2/*****/public_html/applications/membersshop/modules/front/shop/myitems.php(237): IPS\membersshop\modules\front\shop\_myitems->upgradeUsergroup(Object(IPS\membersshop\Purchases), Object(IPS\Member))
#1 /home2/*****/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\membersshop\modules\front\shop\_myitems->redeem()
#2 /home2/*****/public_html/applications/membersshop/modules/front/shop/myitems.php(25): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /home2/*****/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\membersshop\modules\front\shop\_myitems->execute()
#4 /home2/*****/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

This is what I get on ACP when i'm trying to access custom items redeemed

ParseError: syntax error, unexpected ';', expecting ',' or ')' (0)
#0 [internal function]: IPS\IPS::autoloader('IPS\\membersshop...')
#1 [internal function]: spl_autoload_call('IPS\\membersshop...')
#2 /home2/*****/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(135): class_exists('IPS\\membersshop...')
#3 /home2/*****/public_html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#4 {main}

Notifications for custom items redeemed have been set but I don't receive such notifications after the upgrade.

Could you please fix?

Thanks in advance!

I'll check it out, Do me a favour, follow a topic or something on your site and then unfollow it, let me know what happens

Also are you using 4.4?

Edited by TheJackal84
9 minutes ago, SerialNoob said:

No sir

that's why

spacer.png

there is no way to downgrade applications, so you either need to upgrade your site or uninstall and re-install the app with a previous version, although this will delete everything from your sql and lose all data stored in the application if you uninstall

Edited by TheJackal84
Just now, SerialNoob said:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH 😅

Well, I'll have to wait.. I can't really upgrade now I'm waiting for developers to upgrade most of my apps 🤣

all of mine are for 4.4 now so if you have any more I would say don't upgrade them either, I would of thought most were updated for 4.4 now, mine were on the same day as 4.4 got released, it is not as if we didn't have enough time with the beta's to work through them

New Member Shop user, need little support/guidance to start:

• How can admin add/remove any members points?
  • How can I show the points on the left side of the profile, then only on the profile page?
  • How can I automatically deduct 100 points from each member every month? I have rules installed

Bug report

• While using referral points, the system is awarding referral points to every user by referring himself
  • Points don't show well on profile page if you are using apps or plugin that fills the profile header
    • I have to disable two plugins - members effectiveness and member country so that point display

Feature request

• Love to have a bulk (global) point assigning/editing feature for all forums and albums in gallery
  • Need an email notification trigger for every donation made?
  • Need a feature to disable all members with zero balance to post/participate
  • Transform this app from just a fancy point system to incentivize the participating members and penalizing the hit and run members
On 3/4/2019 at 3:31 AM, TheJackal84 said:

what do you mean default points?, do you want it so users have to charge points for their downloads and have a minimum amount to charge?

I just need an option to set a default price on Downloads when somebody submits a new file. I wont be giving anyone beside the moderators the ability to change or set the price.

10 hours ago, Gauravk said:

Need a feature to disable all members with zero balance to post/participate

Agreed with this; we need a way to penalize users with negative balances, perhaps this can be added to the Rules integration for customization.

I also reiterate my request to have additional groups be supported in group upgrades.

How can admin add/remove any members points?

Via the ACP and go to their profile on there and click to edit their preferences

How can I show the points on the left side of the profile, then only on the profile page?

You can't at the minute, I will check other places where it can go

How can I automatically deduct 100 points from each member every month? I have rules installed

You will have to do it via the rules application, but you will need to do it so that you use the proper remove points function as well as a note for the ACP logs

While using referral points, the system is awarding referral points to every user by referring himself

I will look into that

Points don't show well on profile page if you are using apps or plugin that fills the profile header

that can't be helped if you have multiple plugins hooking into it

Love to have a bulk (global) point assigning/editing feature for all forums and albums in gallery

I will check out what I can do with that

Need an email notification trigger for every donation made?

Email is not really a good way to say you have got a donation, simple notifications are better, you could wind up sending emails to thousands of people from one person donation 1 point etc etc

Need a feature to disable all members with zero balance to post/participate

It is not something what I will do for the public version as it is not the way the app is supposed to be, they need to be able to do things to earn points if you take that away basically you are saying gimme $$$ for points to get your account available to help my community grow bigger and better, I'd tell the admin to jog on, but it could be done as a custom job it is just not something I will add as a public feature

Transform this app from just a fancy point system to incentivize the participating members and penalizing the hit and run members

Warn them with certain warnings, and have it set to remove x amount of points for that warning

10 hours ago, Gilly said:

I just need an option to set a default price on Downloads when somebody submits a new file. I wont be giving anyone beside the moderators the ability to change or set the price.

I'll see what I can do, for now you can mass add to the ones already uploaded by going to the points systems then downloads then click the little tools button and select a category and amount to add, then it will mass add to the ones currently uploaded

Edited by TheJackal84
On 3/4/2019 at 12:00 PM, TheJackal84 said:

I will look into the top one, the donate one will have to direct you to the homepage if your browser don't support the referrer headers, basically the fix is, if no referrer go to this page, the problem with donating, you can donate on thousands of pages and not just one, if you are buying a item I know you need to go back to the categories as you can only buy from there, if you are redeeming I know you need to go back to the myitems page as you can only redeem from there but you can donate from anywhere so it's either gonna be the homepage or members shop home page, either way depending where you donate from unless your broswer supports referrals it won't direct you to the referrer page etc, it will still be annoying to donate from a topic and go to the members shop page, this is something out fo my control as it is broswers and broswer add-ons that don't support it

Any update on the error?

that can't be helped if you have multiple plugins hooking into it

It's a shame you can't support the communities using your app with other plugins. Offer at least some custom code edits, as it's practically useless to own a Member Shop app and when members cannot view their points in the header or anywhere else, because we also use member maps that display members country in the profile header. "Pretty rude and useless" my way or high way reply over a critical support issue. - Totally disappointed.

Email is not really a good way to say you have got a donation, simple notifications are better, you could wind up sending emails to thousands of people from one person donation 1 point etc etc

Add an option at least for email notification for every donation made for people to use or not, as some people who intend to use donation sparingly will value this feature.

It is not something what I will do for the public version as it is not the way the app is supposed to be, they need to be able to do things to earn points if you take that away basically you are saying gimme $$$ for points to get your account available to help my community grow bigger and better, I'd tell the admin to jog on, but it could be done as a custom job it is just not something I will add as a public feature

Start thinking from 360 degrees before writing next time. We aren't charging our members since last 10 years and DO NOT INTEND to that either in the future. I fully understand how you design the app for "fancy points" to show mine is bigger than urs, but in the real world with the real mature audience who doesn't give much importance to these fancy points, you need a bigger motivation and "fear of losing" access plays a vital role. That's how bigger communities surviving after 2012 - Dawn of the forum world when millions closed down.

I humbly request you to take a look at how we rolled out the points system in the largest car community in UAE and tripled the interaction within 24 hours. We aren't selling points, but instead, we gave regular contributor an opportunity to make money (motivation) from a hit and run members if they lose there account (fear).

https://carnity.com/forums/topic/13713-carnity-points-system 

If you still not convinced to add this as a regular feature, please send me the custom offer

New bug report

While donating the points, the donation is happening but resulting in below error. Please advise how I can fix this?

#0 /home/carnity/public_html/carnity.com/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\membersshop\modules\front\shop\_main->donatepoints()
#1 /home/carnity/public_html/carnity.com/applications/membersshop/modules/front/shop/main.php(25): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#2 /home/carnity/public_html/carnity.com/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\membersshop\modules\front\shop\_main->execute()
#3 /home/carnity/public_html/carnity.com/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#4 {main}

New bug report

We assigned 10 points for each image upload and there are 3 different users uploaded more than 10-15 images yesterday but the system gave 10 points for each image for 2-3 images and not all of the images. is there any restriction to these points awarding....?

10 images uploaded by Brette (username) and only 20 points awarded

image.thumb.png.48695414715537afc86fa2fb362249d4.png

image.png.cce350e0a50fb850c37340f43373c912.png

4 hours ago, Gauravk said:

It's a shame you can't support the communities using your app with other plugins. Offer at least some custom code edits, as it's practically useless to own a Member Shop app and when members cannot view their points in the header or anywhere else, because we also use member maps that display members country in the profile header. "Pretty rude and useless" my way or high way reply over a critical support issue. - Totally disappointed.

I give support to everyone, maybe that was a quick answer as I was busy rushing through the posts on here, there probably would be a way to make them all smaller etc but they might not look nice, you can't fit 8 people in a 5 seater car, the same as you can't put lot's of items in the header without it being too long

Add an option at least for email notification for every donation made for people to use or not, as some people who intend to use donation sparingly will value this feature.

Then there will be another option for people to opt out of receiving them and more tables and columns to store the data on, it is a lot of coding required to do all this for donating points

Start thinking from 360 degrees before writing next time. We aren't charging our members since last 10 years and DO NOT INTEND to that either in the future. I fully understand how you design the app for "fancy points" to show mine is bigger than urs, but in the real world with the real mature audience who doesn't give much importance to these fancy points, you need a bigger motivation and "fear of losing" access plays a vital role. That's how bigger communities surviving after 2012 - Dawn of the forum world when millions closed down. 

the app is not made to be who has more points, every other points apps is thats why this has a shop to spend them and have fun instead of saying mines bigger than yours, and as for you saying you would never sell them, here's a quote from your PM

On 2/28/2019 at 11:03 AM, Gauravk said:

can't post or do anything unless they beg, borrow or buy points from another member.

so I assume you are still wanting the same feature.

The whole point of the app is motivate the people into posting / uploading / being active not saying you can't use the site if you don't have points, if they don't have points how will they ever earn them unless

On 2/28/2019 at 11:03 AM, Gauravk said:

unless they beg, borrow or buy points from another member.

which is not the way for this application to go, I did say you could remove your members group permissions to disallow them from posting and doing anything, then create a new vip group with them permissions, now charge xxx amount of points for a upgrade to vip where it expires monthly, if they don't earn points they can't upgrade putting thm back into the memebrs group who can't post, if they have earned enough points they can upgrade again allowing them to post, it is basically what you want to do without me changing the whole way this app runs

While donating the points, the donation is happening but resulting in below error. Please advise how I can fix this?

Are you running 4.4?

3 hours ago, Gauravk said:

We assigned 10 points for each image upload and there are 3 different users uploaded more than 10-15 images yesterday but the system gave 10 points for each image for 2-3 images and not all of the images. is there any restriction to these points awarding....?

I will check it, i think it only awards per upload and not multiples by how many are in that upload

11 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

I give support to everyone, maybe that was a quick answer as I was busy rushing through the posts on here, there probably would be a way to make them all smaller etc but they might not look nice, you can't fit 8 people in a 5 seater car, the same as you can't put lot's of items in the header without it being too long

I do understand the logic, but maybe you can help by increasing the table height (black portion) so that the second line shows.

13 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

Then there will be another option for people to opt out of receiving them and more tables and columns to store the data on, it is a lot of coding required to do all this for donating points

Ok if you feel this is too much then is there any way a normal member can his points log....? which can bring some transparency to points management.

15 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

The whole point of the app is motivate the people into posting / uploading / being active not saying you can't use the site if you don't have points, if they don't have points how will they ever earn them unless

I say the same again as I mention before, it's not we who want to sell the points but deactivated members can either PM members for donation so they feel the pain once there account is deactivated. OR ask for a one-time exception from admin. OR buy points from another member, which will encourage the participating members to participate to sell points for real money. 

Let me know if it's possible and please send me the custom offer on PM

21 minutes ago, TheJackal84 said:

I will check it, i think it only awards per upload and not multiples by how many are in that upload

OK, appreciate if you can please change that for every image as that's what it says in the backend and we have assigned points like that.

Just now, Gauravk said:

I do understand the logic, but maybe you can help by increasing the table height (black portion) so that the second line shows.

Send me a PM with your website url and a profile page etc and I will inspect the elements and see how it could be done, ( I will probably be able to do it in a couple of hours I am just going to sit down and eat dinner )

1 minute ago, Gauravk said:

Ok if you feel this is too much then is there any way a normal member can his points log....? which can bring some transparency to points management.

Yes, soon I will be bringing the logs from the ACP to the front end where user's can see everything for their own account, it will probably be in the next update

2 minutes ago, Gauravk said:

I say the same again as I mention before, it's not we who want to sell the points but deactivated members can either PM members for donation so they feel the pain once there account is deactivated. OR ask for a one-time exception from admin. OR buy points from another member, which will encourage the participating members to participate to sell points for real money. 

Let me know if it's possible and please send me the custom offer on PM

I will see what sort of coding it requires and then come to you with a price, it won't be easy as it will need to hook into a lot of places to disallow then to do every function, I will look into it next week, I need to finish the couple of updates I have pending for a couple of other apps

3 minutes ago, Gauravk said:

OK, appreciate if you can please change that for every image as that's what it says in the backend and we have assigned points like that.

yeah I will, it is something I was going to do a while ago but it completly slipped my mind until I read your post

would you consider an option to add subcategories to the item categories?

edit: also! are there any big updates with new features coming in the near future? if so, an eta on that?

thanks for your hard work on this app!

Edited by jinnie