CodingJungle's Apps [support topic]

The CJ Duplicate Member Logger is giving false positives when users connect or sign up with their twitter account...

We just got a support ticket open saying that after they registered/added their twitter account they got a PM from us saying a duplicate account was detected.

Just thought I'd share with you guys.

Hope to see a fix soon.

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2020 at 12:03 PM, PPlanet said:

@CodingJungle is the Duplicate Account Logger still compatible with 4.3? Or is it now only compatible with 4.4?

I don't believe it would be, it might be ( i don't have any 4.3 version to test out on), i don't recall if there was any backwards breaking changes for 4.4 or any of its subsequent updates. 

On 1/29/2020 at 5:28 AM, kmk said:

Stratagem....vs https://site.gitscrum.com/

@CodingJungle stratagem will have more powerfull feature as gitscrum?

tbh i don't know if it is more powerful, i use it mostly now for all my projects with my long term clients, they love (lot of them have began to use it for other things other than development).  it has a lot features as is, and more to come with 2.0 and i'm always open for new suggestions, i can't guarantee i will implement them all (as i originally intended it for development, so it has a lot of features that are good for development, that i'm currently in 2.0 to allow them to be disabled at least for non development use). 

i can certainly say its cheaper than most kanban type sites out there, it also has the added benefit since it integrates into IPS (my clients really didn't like the idea of 'yet another login', so this allowed me to add it to their site, which guaranteed for me at least, they would actually use it and they do). 

https://codingjungle.com/stratagem/projects/1-stratagem/

here are some links to check out its current feature set and see the progress that has been made for 2.0 (also it in action as i use it for its own development). there are also a couple of videos here, one to show off a few features of it and the second video is mostly new features in 2.0 (its not an exhaustive list of the work that has been done for the app). 

so what features are you particular looking for (as it does have features that might not be listed, i plan asking  my minion @Joel R or fakeJoel to write up a new description for 2.0 :P). 

3 hours ago, kmk said:

1. Will work fine for mobile? 

mobile.png.8c2c685e53433f88c87d261c2d6cdbd8.png

it is responsive, the biggest difference on mobile, the cards and columns get a drag handle (and some of the features get made a bit bigger, cause i got fat fingers) and you can use swiping to left/right to move among the columns and scrolling to move up and down on a column. 

3 hours ago, kmk said:

2. Task or project progress bar? I woul like have ability to monitoring the progress visually, let members updated tasks status and send notifications to system or customize team members or leaders. 

295505128_statscharts.thumb.png.eb582d0aa0ead8d87b77ee780d4ca50e.png

there is stats & charts, that give you a run down of open cards, badges for the cards, who's completing cards and who's creating cards. 

notifications.thumb.png.1786abe35ed73bb4289e0bbe731bbfe6.png

there is also a wide range of notifications stratagem will send for a project.

columnAutomation.thumb.png.330420e8596ff8c903d7589e4609a61c.png

completeCard.thumb.png.72e9886a32f8fb605212cb5f28e24d3a.png

you can manually complete a card (which is a team permission) or you can for the columns set automation options, so if a card is moved to that column, it auto completes (or you can remove complete status).

cardHistory.thumb.png.9d3cc786183cc19c896633792af43e9c.png

history.thumb.png.d2339d42e48d8163f73e1a190024a833.png

projectHistory2.thumb.png.332ea7d26c1edfa47e1586ef345f60ce.png

in 2.0 there will be an expanded upon "histories" for both the project and cards, as for me as a developer its very important to find out what is going on in a project and when, i'm sure it will be useful for others as well. you can also filter it and it is paginated. 

team1.png.b2b62e97417b7e9e33ae328044e62f6e.png

teams2.thumb.png.4bdb5323d18e7acd24f0f27874d92b7d.png

in stratagem, each project has their own "teams" (this is from 2.0, but this exist in the previous versions of stratagem, it just looks a bit different, but operates in the same way), the project manager has all the permissions, always, and then the project manager can assign IPS members individual or groups (and if you have nexus, you can make teams from people who purchased a product). the permissions are cascading, so if you assign a group with limited roles, and then you add a member from that group with more roles, then the member roles will take precedent over the group permissions. 

,I hope these screenshots and descriptions answers your questions, and that stratagem has a lot of features already (and more on the way with 2.0). (you paying attention to @Joel R that Eagelmoss model is dependent on it :) )

Just now, kmk said:

Oh, all mentioned features work as features inside a Club too? 

yes, however teams are handled a bit different for clubs.

clubTeams.png.ba84e28e24ad0eb64dae006023abade3.png

they are based on the roles inside the club, so you have members/moderators/leaders. you can't assign individuals/groups/package like you can in a non club project. 

Hi,

I don't know where is the best place to post the issue about Keywords Tooltip (here or on your site)

So I post it to both. 🙂

On all post there is spaces added around all punctuation
When the app Keywords Tooltip is deactivated,  the issue disapear

Could you fix this issue ?

Thank you

@CodingJungle, can you consider to separate this support topic per app? :rolleyes: The reason is I would like to follow support topics for apps I have purchased. But this is not possible with such a general topic you have. When I subscribe to it I get tons of notifications I am not interested in (like Stratagem, Duplicate Account Logger and so on...). If I unsubscribe I will miss the issues reported on the app I am using (like Keyword Tooltips). 

7 hours ago, EricT said:

Hi,

I don't know where is the best place to post the issue about Keywords Tooltip (here or on your site)

So I post it to both. 🙂

On all post there is spaces added around all punctuation
When the app Keywords Tooltip is deactivated,  the issue disapear

Could you fix this issue ?

Thank you

i have a fix i'm working on, just haven't release it yet.

6 hours ago, Sonya* said:

@CodingJungle, can you consider to separate this support topic per app? :rolleyes: The reason is I would like to follow support topics for apps I have purchased. But this is not possible with such a general topic you have. When I subscribe to it I get tons of notifications I am not interested in (like Stratagem, Duplicate Account Logger and so on...). If I unsubscribe I will miss the issues reported on the app I am using (like Keyword Tooltips). 

doing support thru a support forum is already extremely difficult, as it just doesn't fit into my work flow (as there is no way to mark what has been resolved, what is awaiting to be resolved, no easy way to organize issues, etc). to minimize the frustrating aspect of having no tools provided by IPS to do proper support on the market place, i've opted to do a singular thread for all my products. i didn't even use to do that, i use to have all support only available thru my bug tracker on my site, but people complained about that too. 

i have no plans to separate the apps into separate threads. 

Hi @CodingJungle I've bought and installed the Duplicate Member Logger.

One question, how do I exclude individual members, is that still possible?

One comment, in the Mod CP logs, I deleted one entry for a member and it deleted all of them (luckily I have it set up to send PMs, so these served as a backup).

And one suggestion about the PM it sends. As it is now the message does not allow the user to reply. I think it would be good if they could, as often you want info from them to clarify why they have more than one account. Cheers.

On 2/6/2020 at 5:33 PM, PPlanet said:

Hi @CodingJungle I've bought and installed the Duplicate Member Logger.

One question, how do I exclude individual members, is that still possible?

One comment, in the Mod CP logs, I deleted one entry for a member and it deleted all of them (luckily I have it set up to send PMs, so these served as a backup).

And one suggestion about the PM it sends. As it is now the message does not allow the user to reply. I think it would be good if they could, as often you want info from them to clarify why they have more than one account. Cheers.

yes. go to your ACP->members list, find the member you want to exclude, click to edit them, then click on "edit preferences", on the modal that opens up, click on "CJ Duplicate Member Logger" tab, you will find "Exclude this member" check box and a textarea to leave a note as to why you are excluding this member (for future reference). 

I'll test, but i don't believe i have ever experienced this issue.

I've also added a suggestion to stratagem, so when i start laying out the next version of the app, i will go over it in more detail.

On 2/6/2020 at 6:17 PM, ZakRhyno said:

Does this app yet support different mini words aka like two different words in different areas?

are you referring to keywords tooltips? as i'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'mini words'. kw will support any Content Item in IPS (well the default IPS apps, i can't speak for ALL third party apps, this would be like topics/post in forums, databases in pages, download records in downloads, etc). you can also set the min length of kw that you can create, so small words should be usuable, the default is a character length of 5.

3 hours ago, eoebrian said:

Michael,  are you supporting babble chat?   

yes, i'm working on the issue you had with the bots, the one with elephant IO. i'm also going over the phrase bot. i'll be fully testing the changes tomorrow and monday to make sure they are working, and then i will release a new version. 

cjdml.png

3 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

yes. go to your ACP->members list, find the member you want to exclude, click to edit them, then click on "edit preferences", on the modal that opens up, click on "CJ Duplicate Member Logger" tab, you will find "Exclude this member" check box and a textarea to leave a note as to why you are excluding this member (for future reference). 

I'll test, but i don't believe i have ever experienced this issue.

I've also added a suggestion to stratagem, so when i start laying out the next version of the app, i will go over it in more detail.

Thanks!

PS, just a suggestion; not sure if possible at all, and if it is, maybe it'd warrant a separate plugin, but it would be great if it we were able to prevent registrations per user's devices.

Edited by PPlanet
On 2/8/2020 at 3:59 PM, CodingJungle said:

yes, i'm working on the issue you had with the bots, the one with elephant IO. i'm also going over the phrase bot. i'll be fully testing the changes tomorrow and monday to make sure they are working, and then i will release a new version. 

Thanks, if you are stuck I have a potential solution.   Add the member option to the commands so that when someone entered certain commands the output would be echoed by the bot.

2 hours ago, eoebrian said:

Logged into to see if you released that update and I do not even see the purchase in my order history.  😞

Patience is wearing very thin!

i've sent you a pm showing your account on my site, with the purchase of the babble 1 year, so i am not entirely sure if you are logged onto the right account or not.

I released a babble update on tuesday.

Installed update and phrase bot is almost working now!  Thanks for getting it this far!😀

I can get it to output a message on match, but when I have an image inserted in the message instead of displaying the image is just shows the image name.png when it is outputted.   When viewing the url I see %3C___base_url___%3E

Edited by eoebrian

Keyword tooltips

Hi, could you help.

We rely on your keyword tooltips app very heavily. We probably have at least a couple hundred or more configured going all over the place or with convoluted explanations. We've been running version – I think – 3.2.2 since about June and I just decided to upload and try out your latest version 3.2.5 on our test site. All of the existing keywords have stopped working. Luckily I kept an old version of your application and reinstall that and everything came back and started working again.

So it seems that for some reason rather there may be some incompatibility between your new version and the keywords which are configured with the old version. It's just too much work to have to go and reconfigure all of the old keywords again but I'd really like to use some of the new features and keep up to date.

Can you advise please.

Thanks