CodingJungle's Apps [support topic]

21 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

sorry these notifications must've gotten lost in the sea of emails i've been getting over the last few weeks.

I did not write the app for IPB 3, this is a new app from scratch. 

this app is very simplistic, it uses cookies to track the members. if they switch browsers or flush their cookie cache, it will be less effective in tracking them. with privacy being a big thing in Europe and the states atm, there aren't a whole lot of viable options when trying to persistently track users over multiple browsers or sessions. its intent is to give you an idea if account duplication is rampant on your site or not, its not meant to be an all encompassing tool. hope that helps.

oh i should mention, to those waiting for keywords update, i've been busy and should have an update out sometime this week, hopefully before the weekend. i made more changes than i thought (hence why i changed how it built keywords) and it wasn't just a simple drop back in the old code.

Thanks for the followup - what about IPs - does it do any lookup or comparison of IPs to determine if the user is indeed unique or is actually a duplicate account? 

8 hours ago, Joy Rex said:

Thanks for the followup - what about IPs - does it do any lookup or comparison of IPs to determine if the user is indeed unique or is actually a duplicate account? 

8 hours ago, AtariAge said:

Yes, I'm also curious about this. 

the IP isn't the only criteria it determines on, its used more of a fallback. like if the account is in the logs, and has no alt accounts attached to it (cause they've been merged/deleted/whatever), it will see if there are other accounts associated with the IP. 

• 2 weeks later...

I recently installed Duplicate Member Logger and it found the first duplicate. That's cool. However, I have no idea which two accounts are duplicates. It only tells me which new account is a duplicate. This doesn't enable me to double check or to understand which of my users is attempting to circumvent the rules. 

Question: Is there a way to find out which accounts are the duplicates / which accounts "match?"

2094880374_ScreenShot2019-08-05at9_48_27AM.thumb.png.a769074130746307112f212912bd57bc.png

2 hours ago, Joel R said:

I have the same problem.

Prior versions used to show duplicate accounts. Now I pull up the user in the ACP and manually review the IP addresses.

2 hours ago, Chris027 said:

Tried that as well but showed no duplicates for this user’s op addresses. 

i can't duplicate this issue, i have it running on 3 of my sites and the only "empty" ones are ones where the alts have been deleted/dealt with. do you two have any of the automation features enabled? could it be other moderators/admins getting there before you, and deleting/merging the accounts? the primary (the one first logged into) will stay there, even if the alts have been removed, there is an option to delete the primaries that have no alts from the dashboard for cjdml. so i guess what i'm getting at, there could be a reason why the alts don't appear on a primary, can you rule those out? 

17 hours ago, CodingJungle said:

do you two have any of the automation features enabled?

I don't have any of the automation features enabled.

could it be other moderators/admins getting there before you, and deleting/merging the accounts?

Not possible on my site.

so i guess what i'm getting at, there could be a reason why the alts don't appear on a primary, can you rule those out?

I've ruled out everything I can think of.

On 8/7/2019 at 1:29 PM, Chris027 said:

It's now showing me a user "number" for one duplicate rather than name and it isn't clickable. None of these duplicates show Alts either. 

1388184967_ScreenShot2019-08-07at1_28_02PM.thumb.png.9a7a46611c321b65d7debd1d061e6832.png

If you're seeing a number, that means the user was deleted. Did you recently delete or merge a user? 

• 1 month later...

Hi CodingJungle,

is there a way to get rid of the "Support Center" and "Download Tutorials" entries in the search menu?

image.png.9cdaf753f0e896919868b08cb6973cb8.png

I am not using these features of your great app, and these entries are confusing for all my users.

Thanks in advance for your reply, Tom.

[EDIT] Never mind, I modified the "core->font->search->globalSearchMenuOptions" template and just filtered them out.

Edited by Refsmmat
  • 3 weeks later...

Dev Toolbox 2.0.0: Some issues on 4.4.7

1. Generate Proxy Class link is doubled in menu
    screenshot-localhost-2019_10.11-09_04_43.png.ff117f91264683ee88704d2d90470e96.png
  2. When I try to generate proxy classes, I can see the progress bar till 2001 classes from 2085 and then the progress bar stucks, the number of classes below is replaced by a single letter "b" and waiting even longer ends up with the error:
    screenshot-localhost-2019_10.11-13_15_58.thumb.png.a1ad9352777fdeba4b82e0fc2e1c17f0.png

It is a clean installation on WAMP with all IPS modules (except of Downloads) and no customization. Logs are empty. Any idea why this can happen and how to fix it?

Edited by Sonya*
On 7/7/2019 at 1:05 AM, Sonya* said:

Keywords Tooltip

I have two issues:

1. If I use an URL Keyword on my live server, then the whole item content is replaced by the linked keyword. Like the text were: "Here is something about wonderful holiday." The keyword is "holiday". If enabled, the whole text is replaced by single linked word "holiday".
  2. There are language strings that are not assigned in search
    screenshot-2019_07_07-00-54-42.png.dfd15a91c64f3a95ef29fe41998ed723.png

@CodingJungle, can you please check the issue #1. It's really critical and the app is not usable for three months now.

Edited by Sonya*
On 10/11/2019 at 10:53 AM, Square Wheels said:

This has been broken for months, any chance of getting it fixed?

On 10/11/2019 at 11:19 AM, Sonya* said:

@CodingJungle, can you please check the issue #1. It's really critical and the app is not usable for three months now.

I want to apologize for my lack of interest in this. it wasn't intentional, i started work on fixing it, got caught up in work and other projects and just kept back burner'ing the fix, to the point i honestly just forgot about it. I'll honestly start working on it again tonight, and hopefully will have these issues fixed ASAP. I'll see about getting any one who has been affected by keywords renewal period extended for the last 3 months, if i can't, i can offer credit on my site for purchases or renewals on my site.

again, i am sorry that its been so long and a show of no interest from me. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/17/2019 at 4:34 PM, CodingJungle said:

I want to apologize for my lack of interest in this. it wasn't intentional, i started work on fixing it, got caught up in work and other projects and just kept back burner'ing the fix, to the point i honestly just forgot about it. I'll honestly start working on it again tonight, and hopefully will have these issues fixed ASAP. I'll see about getting any one who has been affected by keywords renewal period extended for the last 3 months, if i can't, i can offer credit on my site for purchases or renewals on my site.

again, i am sorry that its been so long and a show of no interest from me. 

Any updates?