CodingJungle's Apps [support topic]

2.0.1 is a massive step forward, the extra features and improvements are now.

I'll try to update my review so that it factors in what has changed and how useful I find the application as a project management tool. The calendar function is awesome, it makes a big difference.

I have found some bugs, probably relating to my theme but I will head over to your site to report these.

In the meantime, I'll leave some general feedback for you @CodingJungle - great job with 2.0.1 BTW, it's superb.

Fixed it myself. 👍

Edited by Joey_M

Hey, just purchased Stratagem and it looks really nice - however, I'm currently having a pretty awful issue where cards will be displayed on the page multiple times. They all open the same card ID so it doesn't seem like it's being duplicated in the database, but they're all placed onto the page a number of times.

The issue can be seen in this screenshot: 5c741de5f9569d37e4322c5c21e0b46f.png

Hi @CodingJungle, I've been using the Duplicate Detection app, and other than a possible bug I reported before, it has made a change in my community, so thank you for creating and supporting this app. I charge subscriptions to access some parts of my forum and it's amazing to see the amount of people who have created multiple accounts just to waive a small fee. (As I also use a teaser system that allows non-subscribers to see a few topics per day).

Now, if I may, I would like to make two suggestions. The first one is regarding this thread. As a user it's becoming too difficult to follow when it deals with multiple, unrelated applications at once. It would be much easier if you had one support topic per application/plugin. You'd just need to follow them and I don't think that would add more work for you, if you go by your notifications (maybe all it would take is asking people to "mention" or "quote" you, so you can be sure you'll get a notification). But of course, entirely up to you; I won't love your app any less for it. 😉

The second suggestion is about the app itself. It would be great if you were able to add a new option to the settings, where apart from us being able to choose between banning or sending a PM, you could move the member to another group and send a PM too.

Reason being, banning is a bit too radical IMHO; it may be warranted in some cases, but not in others... and that's the reason why I don't use it. So, currently I send automatic PMs instead, but then in practical terms, the workload is on me to review each case and send a PM after any changes to the account/s. I have suddenly found myself with a new daily task of following this up.

However, if we were able to automatically change groups, we could put detected members into a group where you basically have very few permissions, and also sending a PM explaining them and asking them to contact us to resolve the problem. This would reduce this workload since it would be up to them to contact us, and we wouldn't have to worry until they do.

Plus, and this is a big factor, we wouldn't need to chase up from behind an ever growing amount of newly created accounts, as it happens to be the case for me. This is a problem that those who use the "Ban" option probably don't have, but those, like me, who use the "Send PM" option certainly do.

In visual terms, what I suggest is something like this (together of course with a setting where you select the group they are moved into, which I forgot to include here).

1423711624_ScreenShot2020-02-27at5_59_17pm.png.d3046562cd230b8f865daad6e6b31e16.png

Thanks for reading, cheers.

Edited by PPlanet
1 hour ago, Adam Bro said:

Hey, just purchased Stratagem and it looks really nice - however, I'm currently having a pretty awful issue where cards will be displayed on the page multiple times. They all open the same card ID so it doesn't seem like it's being duplicated in the database, but they're all placed onto the page a number of times.

The issue can be seen in this screenshot: 5c741de5f9569d37e4322c5c21e0b46f.png

there is a small problem when there aren't enough cards and the column's default height is too high, it triggers the scroll mechanism. this has been fixed in the next version (which i'm currently testing). you might be able to fix this temporarily tho with going into your theme settings, and setting the column default min height to around 200px to 250px. 

it also looks like the theme settings didn't get added correctly to your theme, cause several of those cards should have white text, if you didn't change them, here are the defaults (cause sometimes theme settings don't get updated or stored correctly when being installed/updated on the app):

Dark Text:
stratagem_dark_text
stratagem_dark_background
stratagem_dark_scroll
stratagem_dark_boxshadow
stratagem_dark_borders

stratagem_dark_light_text
stratagem_dark_light_background
#FFFFF

stratagem_dark_my_vote_down
#DC143C

stratagem_dark_my_complete

stratagem_dark_stars
#FFCA7D

light Text:
stratagem_light_text
stratagem_light_background
stratagem_light_scroll
stratagem_light_boxshadow
stratagem_light_borders
#FFFFF

stratagem_light_dark_text
stratagem_light_dark_background

stratagem_light_my_vote_down

stratagem_light_my_complete
#00FF00

stratagem_light_stars
#FF9800

6 minutes ago, PPlanet said:

The first one is regarding this thread. As a user it's becoming too difficult to follow when it deals with multiple, unrelated applications at once. It would be much easier if you had one support topic per application/plugin. You'd just need to follow them and I don't think that would add more work for you, if you go by your notifications (maybe all it would take is asking people to "mention" or "quote" you, so you can be sure you'll get a notification). But of course, entirely up to you; I won't love your app any less for it. 😉

the problem is with the support topics themselves. no matter what i do, its almost impossible to integrate any number of topics into my workflow. i can't mark a topic/post as "done/fixed/not a bug/etc" nor i can i filter out the invalid ones for the valid ones, they are extremely inefficient. so you can see how difficult they are for us developers to work from. if you go to my site, you can see each app has its own support section on the download and a vast majority of them have their own stratagem project. IPS keeps promising improvements in this area for the marketplace, but most of those promises are approaching vaporware status, as they are at least a year old now. 

29 minutes ago, PPlanet said:

However, if we were able to automatically change groups, we could put detected members into a group where you basically have very few permissions, and also sending a PM explaining them and asking them to contact us to resolve the problem. This would reduce this workload since it would be up to them to contact us, and we wouldn't have to worry until they do.

i've added it to stratagem. 

@CodingJungle Didn't fix anything with the duplicating cards. A couple other details that I should've mentioned is that:

• The cards that duplicate don't show on the board immediately - they only appear near when page loading has finished, and then afterwards begin duplicating a number of times
  • There are other columns with less cards and they don't have the issue at all

EDIT: It actually appears to happen with any column that has more than 2 cards.

Also this is sort of unrelated, but there appears to be a slight JS issue that breaks older browser compatibility in front_front_projects.js (if you want me to remove the JS code just lemme know and I will):

} else {
                        let html = '<div id="formWarning"><span class="ipsType_warning">Credentials are invalid!</span></div>';
                        secret.parents('li').addClass('ipsFieldRow_error');
                        secret.after(html);
                    }
                },
                complete: function(data) {},
            }, );   //<<<<<<<<< LINE 1311 when run through unminify.com - Removing the "," fixes it
        },
    });
                                        if (data.hasOwnProperty('locGroup')) {
                                            ips.stratagem.main.emit('updateTeams', data);
                                        }
                                    },
                                    complete: function() {}
                                });
                            },
                            cancel: function(e) {},
                        },
                    });
                }, ); //<<<<<<<<<<< LINE 1394 when run through unminify.com - Removing the "," once again fixes it
            },
            formSubmit = function() {

I know it's pretty low on the priority list - but it'd be really great if you fixed this in a future update so I don't have to keep editing files manually :smile:

Edited by Adam Bro
7 minutes ago, Adam Bro said:

Didn't fix anything with the duplicating cards. A couple other details that I should've mentioned is that:

• The cards that duplicate don't show on the board immediately - they only appear near when page loading has finished, and then afterwards begin duplicating a number of times
  • There are other columns with less cards and they don't have the issue at all

EDIT: It actually appears to happen with any column that has more than 2 cards.

yeah its the scroll being triggered,  if you would like i can send you the beta which has the fix in it, as it will probably be next week before i release the new version (as it is being tested now).

13 minutes ago, Adam Bro said:

Also this is sort of unrelated, but there appears to be a slight JS issue that breaks older browser compatibility in front_front_projects.js (if you want me to remove the JS code just lemme know and I will):

how old of a browser are we talking about? cause my IDE doesn't throw an error on this when it is configured for emacscript 6, but if i set it to emacscript 5 it will. i'll have them remove in the next version as i don't need the complete closure in the one method, and since i'm already in the file i'll remove it from the other one too. 

1 minute ago, CodingJungle said:

yeah its the scroll being triggered,  if you would like i can send you the beta which has the fix in it, as it will probably be next week before i release the new version (as it is being tested now).

how old of a browser are we talking about? cause my IDE doesn't throw an error on this when it is configured for emacscript 6, but if i set it to emacscript 5 it will. i'll have them remove in the next version as i don't need the complete closure in the one method, and since i'm already in the file i'll remove it from the other one too. 

Please do - that'd be incredibly helpful. Even if there's other bugs, this bug in particular makes the whole thing unusable for me lmao

And yeah it's a fairly old browser - one that realistically shouldn't be used in 2020 but hey. Either way I appreciate it!

20 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:

does it owe you money? save your puppy from a fire? or something else? 😛

but i've sent you a PM with the latest beta. 

Sweet, appreciate it. And no i just have attachment issues :laugh:

EDIT: Can confirm that the beta build fixed it (and the colors too) - thanks a ton!

Edited by Adam Bro
9 minutes ago, Adam Bro said:

Sweet, appreciate it. And no i just have attachment issues :laugh:

please don't tell me it is IE11 :) non-chromium Edge i can at least understand.

10 minutes ago, Adam Bro said:

EDIT: Can confirm that the beta build fixed it (and the colors too) - thanks a ton!

yeah the theme settings are funky in IPS, i don't like them and often don't include them cause of how flaky they can be, here's to hoping for LESS or something in the future :) 

4 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:

please don't tell me it is IE11 🙂 non-chromium Edge i can at least understand.

It's an old version of Chrome - the last version to include an option to revert to the non-material design. I cannot stand the new material UI and it's only gotten worse over time imo. I've stuck with it because save for like two websites that I barely use, it works flawlessly.

4 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:

yeah the theme settings are funky in IPS, i don't like them and often don't include them cause of how flaky they can be, here's to hoping for LESS or something in the future 🙂

🙏

Edited by Adam Bro
13 minutes ago, Adam Bro said:

It's an old version of Chrome - the last version to include an option to revert to the non-material design. I cannot stand the new material UI and it's only gotten worse over time imo. I've stuck with it because save for like two websites that I barely use, it works flawlessly.

i guess i never really noticed the style changing lol, as my attention is often in the console/viewport area. I use a material theme in my IDE, have been for the last few years, so it could be why i didn't notice it, as i was already use to the flat look. 

11 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:
i guess i never really noticed the style changing lol, as my attention is often in the console/viewport area. I use a material theme in my IDE, have been for the last few years, so it could be why i didn't notice it, as i was already use to the flat look. 

I'm fairly sure I've got a higher attention to detail because I've basically been told the same thing by friends of mine - not noticing it until I've pointed it out.

Also, another minor issue that I'm not sure if you're aware of (I've confirmed this isn't a browser issue), or if you can even fix - is that dragging cards/columns around will also select text along the way. Not a big deal really - but so far that appears to be the only remaining issue. 93c5c23f29abd3afb9bba89be1a7a602.png

EDIT: never mind - found out I can just use a CSS tweak to fix it :biggrin:, leaving it below if anyone's interested:

#elStratagemColumns {
    user-select: none;
}

Edited by Adam Bro
4 minutes ago, Adam Bro said:

Also, another minor issue that I'm not sure if you're aware of (I've confirmed this isn't a browser issue), or if you can even fix - is that dragging cards/columns around will also select text along the way. Not a big deal really - but so far that appears to be the only remaining issue. 

its a weird little thing, i use to have a delay on the triggering of the move, it was like a 100ms. i had this delay cause Firefox when you dragged a card and dropped it, would open it (chrome wouldn't). so i added it, but in chrome the delay would cause issues. like sometimes it would take 2 or 3 seconds to trigger that you wanted to move the card, other times it would grab like the contents of the card, but leave the square box behind. so i removed the delay, now it seems if you you grab the card on any of the text on it (like the title area or the like if it has a date or percentage done from the list), it will do this. it is one of the things i've noticed, not sure how to fix it yet, one of the things i'm debugging, so hopefully i'll have it fixed soon. 

Just now, CodingJungle said:

its a weird little thing, i use to have a delay on the triggering of the move, it was like a 100ms. i had this delay cause Firefox when you dragged a card and dropped it, would open it (chrome wouldn't). so i added it, but in chrome the delay would cause issues. like sometimes it would take 2 or 3 seconds to trigger that you wanted to move the card, other times it would grab like the contents of the card, but leave the square box behind. so i removed the delay, now it seems if you you grab the card on any of the text on it (like the title area or the like if it has a date or percentage done from the list), it will do this. it is one of the things i've noticed, not sure how to fix it yet, one of the things i'm debugging, so hopefully i'll have it fixed soon. 

Check my edit, might not be the most ideal fix but I've put in a CSS workaround that seems to do the trick:

#elStratagemColumns {
    user-select: none;
}

14 minutes ago, Adam Bro said:

Check my edit, might not be the most ideal fix but I've put in a CSS workaround that seems to do the trick:

that works now for a temp fix :) 

but it looks like if i introduce a 25ms delay (the card will turn slight translucent when it is activate to begin moving), it seems to solve the problem. i think it was just one of those weird race conditions, that it was activating too fast, but not all the events/triggers weren't off at that point, so the browser thought you were highlight text. anyway it should be fixed in the final release :)

2 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:

that works now for a temp fix 🙂

but it looks like if i introduce a 25ms delay (the card will turn slight translucent when it is activate to begin moving), it seems to solve the problem. i think it was just one of those weird race conditions, that it was activating too fast, but not all the events/triggers weren't off at that point, so the browser thought you were highlight text. anyway it should be fixed in the final release 🙂

Sounds good either way :^)

And sidenote, holy crap - I was not expecting the noticeable improvement in quality from 2.0.1 to 2.1.0. Stuff like when you open the UI for the cards especially looks noticeably better. This is some quality stuff ;^)

1 minute ago, Adam Bro said:

And sidenote, holy crap - I was not expecting the noticeable improvement in quality from 2.0.1 to 2.1.0. Stuff like when you open the UI for the cards especially looks noticeably better. This is some quality stuff ;^)

new features:

• cover photo for project
  • new modal window code: this is for faster loading of cards.
  • notification sent for individual members added to the team.
  • new filters: added in voting/rating filters, and a active timer filter.
  • new column sorting: sort on votes/rating.
  • disable dialog color: keep card color, but disalbe the color in the dialog.
  • Team assignment to card instead of individual members of group teams.
  • truncated card titles in project history.
  • project publish date: locks project till date expiration.
  • optional click to add badges instead of drag and drop.
  • Empty Archive: sets a queue to run to delete cards in the archive.
  • Project landing page pagination.
  • Move Card: move cards to another project.
  • context menu's: right click on archive icon or cards will open up a new context menu with various options.
  • new card style: context, removes a majority of buttons from the card and adds them to a right clickable context menu.
  • new setting: define custom columns to be created when a new project is made.

fixed:

• forced original filename on file download.
  • fixed dates on history entries.
  • fixed missing language string for mentions on comments.
  • fixed sidebar menu from scrolling down beyond the card when "sidebar" style is being used.
  • fixed scroll issue loading up multiples of the same card when the column only has a few cards.

here is the feature/fixed list for 2.1.0 so far, its not an exhaustive list, but this is the main things. 

Bug report for Keywords app:

I got an error when deleting a member: the member had no posts no nothing , I made it as a test user from ACP.

Error: Class 'IPS\keywords\Store' not found (0)
#0 /system/Member/Member.php(3767): IPS\keywords\extensions\core\MemberSync\_keywords->onDelete(Object(IPS\Member))
#1 /system/Member/Member.php(329): IPS\_Member->memberSync('onDelete')
#2 /applications/core/modules/admin/members/members.php(2712): IPS\_Member->delete(true, false)
#3 /system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_members->delete()
#4 /system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

1 minute ago, Maxxius said:

Bug report for Keywords app:

I got an error when deleting a member: the member had no posts no nothing , I made it as a test user from ACP.

Error: Class 'IPS\keywords\Store' not found (0)
#0 /system/Member/Member.php(3767): IPS\keywords\extensions\core\MemberSync\_keywords->onDelete(Object(IPS\Member))
#1 /system/Member/Member.php(329): IPS\_Member->memberSync('onDelete')
#2 /applications/core/modules/admin/members/members.php(2712): IPS\_Member->delete(true, false)
#3 /system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_members->delete()
#4 /system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

should be fixed in the next release. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I purchased Stratagem recently, could you add abilities to cover the online courses scene? The main reason for this use is the class can be implemented as project, teachers with role to create tasks for students as team members... 

1. Adding quizzes integration for test and certification purposes... 

Right now I don't have exactly the idea, but due the project control abilities, I think it can be apply for the online teaching interaction scene. 

Edited by kmk

2. Live streaming integration? 

3. Live chat integration? With ability limit one chat by member, if teacher reply the chat then the chat message is activated again. This kind limitation is for the control of the conversation with each students, if teacher don't give the reply or give it continue permission then the member can't ask again. Only my imagination by this time. 

Edited by kmk