CodingJungle's Apps [support topic]

On 3/3/2020 at 3:24 PM, Maxxius said:

Bug report for Keywords app:

I got an error when deleting a member: the member had no posts no nothing , I made it as a test user from ACP.

Error: Class 'IPS\keywords\Store' not found (0)
#0 /system/Member/Member.php(3767): IPS\keywords\extensions\core\MemberSync\_keywords->onDelete(Object(IPS\Member))
#1 /system/Member/Member.php(329): IPS\_Member->memberSync('onDelete')
#2 /applications/core/modules/admin/members/members.php(2712): IPS\_Member->delete(true, false)
#3 /system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_members->delete()
#4 /system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#5 /admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

@CodingJungle hello? Why are you ignoring? Please let me know you are doing something about this.

Hi, I posted here quite a few months ago for some support with the keyword tooltips application.

It's still not resolved. We really desperate for some support. We are on version 2 point something but I want to upgrade to your latest version. I tried it on our test site and although it seems to install correctly, and you can still access the keyword database, the keyword don't work.

The existing ones don't work. If you create new ones then they work – but it doesn't seem to be able to refer to the existing database although when you check, all the keywords and their definitions are still in place.

We have hundreds of keywords and so we couldn't possibly write them all for the new version. I'm sure your upgrade is meant to be seamless and to use the existing database.

I'd be really grateful if you could help us on this please. I'm especially worried because soon Invision will be upgrading to 4.5 and unless I can be sure that the keyword application works, new version, we won't be able to upgrade and that shows you how important your application is for us.

Edited by BankFodder
On 4/28/2020 at 10:25 PM, CodingJungle said:

i've replied to your other topic, but duplicate member doesn't send out emails, only notifications.

to everyone, i will be posting an update to my site.

We won't be getting updates here? Is that because the code no longer qualifies under IPS coding standards?

On 5/16/2020 at 12:14 PM, Maxxius said:

@CodingJungle hello? Why are you ignoring? Please let me know you are doing something about this.

On 5/19/2020 at 7:09 PM, BankFodder said:

Hi, I posted here quite a few months ago for some support with the keyword tooltips application.

It's still not resolved. We really desperate for some support. We are on version 2 point something but I want to upgrade to your latest version. I tried it on our test site and although it seems to install correctly, and you can still access the keyword database, the keyword don't work.

The existing ones don't work. If you create new ones then they work – but it doesn't seem to be able to refer to the existing database although when you check, all the keywords and their definitions are still in place.

We have hundreds of keywords and so we couldn't possibly write them all for the new version. I'm sure your upgrade is meant to be seamless and to use the existing database.

I'd be really grateful if you could help us on this please. I'm especially worried because soon Invision will be upgrading to 4.5 and unless I can be sure that the keyword application works, new version, we won't be able to upgrade and that shows you how important your application is for us.

On 4/25/2020 at 4:29 AM, kmk said:

@CodingJungle I have errors reported many days ago, here and your site but no reply yet...please check pm

On 5/16/2020 at 12:14 PM, Maxxius said:

On 5/4/2020 at 11:43 PM, eoebrian said:

Michael can you please respond to my query on your site? Thanks!

I'm afraid there seems to be a real support issue here.

For my part, we have been stuck on older version of keyword tooltips for several months now and asking for support – and we basically had no reply at all – and it seems that there are other people who are suffering in the same way.

Has the keyword tooltips app been abandoned please?

Edited by BankFodder

I just noticed that you have published a new version – so presumably it hasn't been abandoned. I've downloaded and installed 3.2.6 onto our test site – and it still won't operate the links which were created under version 2 . something.

We still need some support please

30 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

I just noticed that you have published a new version – so presumably it hasn't been abandoned. I've downloaded and installed 3.2.6 onto our test site – and it still won't operate the links which were created under version 2 . something.

We still need some support please

I have not abandoned it or any of the other apps. i've been ill and was busy with my main job. 

there is also the problem of reproduction, i can't not reproduce these issues and trying to fix them is much like trying to walk in the dark with a blindfold on. I haven't had anything to say on the issues as i can't reproduce them. I have tried several different things, i have created a test db of about 300 kw on the 3.1 that i then upgraded each version from 3.1 to the current version and the kw's still worked. 

the only thing i can think of, is that some how you have set an expiration on all the Kw's and something in these new versions have "fixed" it (as i don't recall expired kw's have ever been broken, so i don't believe this to be the case). it might also be IPS way of handling approved/hidden items, its a bit convoluted (i did fix a potential problem with that in this latest version, so i don't believe it to be that either). the only things left is it could be something on your server (which i don't believe to be it either, as it would also cause problems with IPS running). so that leaves an issue with another application/plugin or one of the new settings, like max per items:

2020-05-29_12-13.thumb.png.a145cb751016350418c02940397dcd26.png

it is like that this is either set to like 1 or there is a bug where it is  working, but not really noticeable cause the amount of links it has created is 1 and the per item setting is being applied over the entire page (this would be a bug i haven't run into either, but i am open to see if this is the issue). Try setting this to 0 (this will essentially disable it), if that doesn't work, try setting to a really high number like a 1k. if this fixes the issue then i will have a better idea of where to look to see what the problem is.

On 5/24/2020 at 1:25 PM, SJ77 said:

We won't be getting updates here? Is that because the code no longer qualifies under IPS coding standards?

i posted news on my absence that i have been ill. 

Thanks for all of this. Of course I'm very sorry that you've been ill – but while we didn't know, it really seemed as if there was no support anymore.

At the same time, I have a very busy forum to administer and am trying desperately to keep it up-to-date and working as well as possible. It's very difficult.

I've double checked again and I don't know why but I thought that we were running your keywords version 2 . something but actually it was 3.1.7  . That was working very well. Then eventually I upgraded it to 3.2.6 – but at 3.2.5 it wouldn't work any more – as reported above. I've actually just tried to go back to 3.1.7 and now that has stopped working as well. As I said before, if you make new auto links then they work – but the existing ones don't work. Although, I've noticed that there are one or two exceptions and a few of the old ones work and I can't discern any pattern to it at all.

On the live site we are on 3.1.8 which is working perfectly – but I would like to upgrade it – partly to get the extra functionality – but also because I'm very frightened that when Invision has their big upgrade quite soon, that we may have a keyword system which doesn't work at all and as I have explained before, we have come to rely on your application very heavily.

I wonder whether you might find the time to visit our test site and to have a look and see if you can understand what is going on.

I've just tried to upgrade again from 3.1.7 to your latest version and are now getting an error message image.thumb.png.9da64a19ae14431caa7a424a8b2caaa9.png  

and it won't upgrade at all so now I'm stuck on the old version on the test site which scarcely works.

Do you have the time to have a look?

By the way, before I downgraded it again to 3.1.7 I tried the adjustments which you have suggested in your diagram above – and they didn't work for us 

#0 /srv/nationalconsumerservice.co.uk/public/htdocs/system/Db/Db.php(2130): IPS\_Db->query('ALTER TABLE `ke...')
#1 /srv/nationalconsumerservice.co.uk/public/htdocs/applications/keywords/setup/upg_30200/upgrade.php(63): IPS\_Db->dropColumn('keywords_words', 'kw_popup_ori')
#2 /srv/nationalconsumerservice.co.uk/public/htdocs/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/applications.php(803): IPS\keywords\setup\upg_30200\_Upgrade->step2()
#3 /srv/nationalconsumerservice.co.uk/public/htdocs/system/Helpers/MultipleRedirect/MultipleRedirect.php(92): IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_applications->IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\{closure}(Array)
#4 /srv/nationalconsumerservice.co.uk/public/htdocs/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/applications.php(899): IPS\Helpers\_MultipleRedirect->__construct(Object(IPS\Http\Url\Internal), Object(Closure), Object(Closure))
#5 /srv/nationalconsumerservice.co.uk/public/htdocs/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_applications->upgrade()
#6 /srv/nationalconsumerservice.co.uk/public/htdocs/system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /srv/nationalconsumerservice.co.uk/public/htdocs/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/applications.php(43): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#8 /srv/nationalconsumerservice.co.uk/public/htdocs/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_applications->execute()
#9 /srv/nationalconsumerservice.co.uk/public/htdocs/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

15 hours ago, BankFodder said:

Thanks for all of this. Of course I'm very sorry that you've been ill – but while we didn't know, it really seemed as if there was no support anymore.

At the same time, I have a very busy forum to administer and am trying desperately to keep it up-to-date and working as well as possible. It's very difficult.

I've double checked again and I don't know why but I thought that we were running your keywords version 2 . something but actually it was 3.1.7  . That was working very well. Then eventually I upgraded it to 3.2.6 – but at 3.2.5 it wouldn't work any more – as reported above. I've actually just tried to go back to 3.1.7 and now that has stopped working as well. As I said before, if you make new auto links then they work – but the existing ones don't work. Although, I've noticed that there are one or two exceptions and a few of the old ones work and I can't discern any pattern to it at all.

On the live site we are on 3.1.8 which is working perfectly – but I would like to upgrade it – partly to get the extra functionality – but also because I'm very frightened that when Invision has their big upgrade quite soon, that we may have a keyword system which doesn't work at all and as I have explained before, we have come to rely on your application very heavily.

I wonder whether you might find the time to visit our test site and to have a look and see if you can understand what is going on.

I've just tried to upgrade again from 3.1.7 to your latest version and are now getting an error message image.thumb.png.9da64a19ae14431caa7a424a8b2caaa9.png  

and it won't upgrade at all so now I'm stuck on the old version on the test site which scarcely works.

Do you have the time to have a look?

By the way, before I downgraded it again to 3.1.7 I tried the adjustments which you have suggested in your diagram above – and they didn't work for us 

if you could send me the keywords_words database table, so i could take a look at it to see if anything is wrong with it. i would be able to find out a lot more from it, than taking a look at your dev/test site. feel free to PM here or on my site with the kw table export. 

3 minutes ago, BankFodder said:

Thanks. Do I gather that I could copy more up-to-date live site database onto the test site and it would then miraculously display all of the new keywords?

possibly. there are 3 tables that keywords use, keywords_words (where the actual kw is stored), keywords_stats (if you have stats enabled, they get stored here) and keywords_cats (which isn't really used, but is there cause IPS content item class doesn't really work that well without a node class and a node class wont work without a db, so this more or less a pseudo thing, to account for oddities in the Item's class, so the data in this table never really changes, so as long as you have it, it should be good to go.)

Of course I didn't understand a single word you just said – but I will pass it on to the Webmaster.

Some time ago I suggested a feature to you which was to have an import/export button in the application so that if one wanted to take a copy and move it to a different forum or simply keep it as a backup, one could do it very easily.

???

Hi, 

I've recently purchased and installed strategem.  I'm having issues with cards not showing up in the columns.  Even when I add a card, I can't see them, but they are definitely there.  I disabled plugins, and 3rd party apps to make sure it wasn't a conflict issue, but still not working properly.   I've also went in the SUpport "Something Isn't Working" option in settings, and that did not fix it.  I also made sure it wasn't a browser issue by checking it on Chrome desktop, Firefox, Chrome on phone, MS Edge. They all don't display the cards. 

Is there anything I'm missing, or anything I should be checking first?  Here's a screenshot of what my problem is (cards not showing up): 

strat.thumb.JPG.3ad37c2b23407c8030a2d9264d36bca2.JPG

3 minutes ago, DanLemX said:

Hi, 

I've recently purchased and installed strategem.  I'm having issues with cards not showing up in the columns.  Even when I add a card, I can't see them, but they are definitely there.  I disabled plugins, and 3rd party apps to make sure it wasn't a conflict issue, but still not working properly.   I've also went in the SUpport "Something Isn't Working" option in settings, and that did not fix it.  I also made sure it wasn't a browser issue by checking it on Chrome desktop, Firefox, Chrome on phone, MS Edge. They all don't display the cards. 

Is there anything I'm missing, or anything I should be checking first?  Here's a screenshot of what my problem is (cards not showing up): 

strat.thumb.JPG.3ad37c2b23407c8030a2d9264d36bca2.JPG

it looks like you theme settings didn't get added properly when you installed (this happens a lot, it is why i don't like the theme settings).

2020-05-31_12-31.thumb.png.7667d8e1f997858efbd2cdb51898655a.png

6 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:

it looks like you theme settings didn't get added properly when you installed (this happens a lot, it is why i don't like the theme settings).

2020-05-31_12-31.thumb.png.7667d8e1f997858efbd2cdb51898655a.png

I've checked my Default theme, and it has these settings, and the min is set to 500 (as your screenshot shows). Once I changed it to 600 and then back to 500, it seems to be working. But how do I add these settings on my custom themes?  Thanks for prompt response. 

1 minute ago, DanLemX said:

But how do I add these settings on my custom themes? 

they should already be there, just go edit it.

2 minutes ago, DanLemX said:

Once I changed it to 600 and then back to 500, it seems to be working

yeah that is how buggy the system is, they could appear there, but they aren't actually in the cache yet, so you changing it and saving is what refreshed the cache for 'em. 

5 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:

they should already be there, just go edit it.

yeah that is how buggy the system is, they could appear there, but they aren't actually in the cache yet, so you changing it and saving is what refreshed the cache for 'em. 

I had to update my custom theme/re-install it, and now the settings showed up and is working normal.  Thanks!

I've been playing around with stratagem all day, and I'm really liking it a lot. That's some fine work you've done here.   I'm just wondering if it's possible to COPY a card.   What happened is I created 5 projects with different columns and cards within them. I used these as templates for marketing purposes for my clients.  Now, when I want to create a new project based on these templates, I click Copy (in the admin area), and it copies all the columns, but I haven't found a way to copy Cards as well, only to move or archive them.  Is there a way to copy cards into different columns or projects? 

And #2, I'm wondering if, within a card, it's possible to have more than one checklist?  For example, in Trello, you can have multiple checklists with names to them. It'd be great if this was implemented in the future.  (see screenshot for what I mean)

twolists.thumb.JPG.dd643e49e5e7576863e9fb4849276845.JPG

Edited by DanLemX
typo
On 5/30/2020 at 1:03 PM, CodingJungle said:

if you could send me the keywords_words database table, so i could take a look at it to see if anything is wrong with it. i would be able to find out a lot more from it, than taking a look at your dev/test site. feel free to PM here or on my site with the kw table export. 

Hi, I've got the files and I'm going to send them to you. Please let me know if that's what you want – or if there is anything missing. Thanks

On 6/2/2020 at 9:22 AM, BankFodder said:

Hi, I've got the files and I'm going to send them to you. Please let me know if that's what you want – or if there is anything missing. Thanks

hi, I don't know if you have seen my message – but there has been a development with the keywords application.

I bit the bullet with our test site and uninstalled the whole thing – and then reinstalled the latest version 3.2.6. Of course the entire database of keywords was lost. We then copied in the up-to-date keyword database from the live site – I sent you a copy by p.m.

To my amazement, all of the keywords started working – but only the principal word – the subject word. None of the aliases would work – and in fact when you look at each keyword entry, none of the aliases are visible. They don't seem to have been uploaded – or at least your application hasn't recognised them. If I then go on to add aliases, they work fine.

So the situation now is that it seems that we are able to get the latest version of your application working if we uninstall completely, then install from new the latest version and then the keyword database.

Our only problem now is that we have about 130 or so keywords – but probably about 400 aliases – so it's a big job to restore them all manually.

Any ideas why it might not be picking up the aliases?

Thanks