CodingJungle's Apps [support topic]

8 minutes ago, Fighting 13th said:

What types of notifications are included in the Strategem app? Do users get notified when they get assigned to a project? Do admins/mod get notified when tasks/cards/projects get completed, etc (or whomever you may choose)?

stratagemnotifications.thumb.png.93b05c2f641986d890557824f772efd7.png

this is the list of notifications stratagem sends out. you will get new card notifications when you follow the project, if you are the project manager you will get notifications about people requesting to join the project.  

when you get assigned to a card, you will get a notification regardless of your follow status of the project or the card (same with unassigned, but only team members can be assigned to cards). and you will get notifications for completed cards (if you are project manager or following the card/project), if you are following a card you will get notification of new comments. 

3 minutes ago, CodingJungle said:

stratagemnotifications.thumb.png.93b05c2f641986d890557824f772efd7.png

this is the list of notifications stratagem sends out. you will get new card notifications when you follow the project, if you are the project manager you will get notifications about people requesting to join the project.  

when you get assigned to a card, you will get a notification regardless of your follow status of the project or the card (same with unassigned, but only team members can be assigned to cards). and you will get notifications for completed cards (if you are project manager or following the card/project), if you are following a card you will get notification of new comments. 

Thanks for the quick reply! Thank you for the information. 🙂

I'm guessing there is some sort of permissions system for this as well? How in-depth is it? Ideally, I'd like to have every member on my site have basic access to Strategem, but of course have some projects that are staff-view only, etc. Is that possible?

P.S. Nice avatar 😛

9 minutes ago, Fighting 13th said:

I'm guessing there is some sort of permissions system for this as well? How in-depth is it? Ideally, I'd like to have every member on my site have basic access to Strategem, but of course have some projects that are staff-view only, etc. Is that possible?

generally stratagem is viewable by everyone (unless the project is set to private, then only team members have access to it). 

for stratagem in general, i went with the idea of more ACL vs the permission system IPS offers, it wasn't versatile enough imho for the abilities i wanted int stratagem, so i created "Teams".

teams.thumb.png.5759b9edd864201c4e02e0920d11c9c4.png

A team can be a individual, a group and if you have commerce install, you can select purchasers of a package from commerce to be a team. there is a myriad of permissions a team can have. a project manager has all perms by default. then you can fine tune what teams can and can't do. 

Private Mode: as a mentioned you can set a project to private, doing this will only show the project on the project's landing page and giving access to those who are in the teams.  if a project isn't private, then regardless of their team status, they will be able to see the project, and read the cards. 

15 minutes ago, Fighting 13th said:

P.S. Nice avatar 😛

cause smudge is my spirit animal 🙂 

• 2 weeks later...

Downloads Plus

Even if I haven't bought it yet, a suggestion if you don't mind. A simple addition getting it from XF Resources Manager:

Add 3 fields (global settings) for:

- Demo Link

- External Support Link

- External Bug Tracker Link

And because maybe you don't like to competitive yourself, you can avoid 2 & 3. This field values will be buttons below the native "Download File", "Buy this file".

Other than this, it looks it be exactly what I want, as I decided to use Downloads instead of Commerce. Sure Commerce is powerful, but is a headache to setup a single product.

PS: By saying Global Settings I mean that you don't need to have it per category. The Admin will selects there which Extra Field will use for each. Sure you can use normal fields, much better then, you don't need to add anything in settings,

Edited by ChrisTERiS
21 hours ago, Unlucky said:

I have the latest version of invision and dulpicate account logger

It is not picking up all duplicates plus when I try to view the duplicate accounts for the ones it does pickup the list is blank

This is is quite an urgent matter

thanks

just tested it on my local and live site and it appears to be working, is there anything in your system log indicating a problem?

14 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Can this be fixed?  Like before, happy it's not in the database wrong.

is it just this one post or does it do them with all of them? do you have any other app installed that does on the fly processing? 

if it is all the post, then i'd say it might be something, if it is just particular post, like by a particular user, pre 4.x post (if it predates the conversion, could be a charset issue maybe), could be various cause for this, sometimes double quotes aren't double quotes (MS word will do this at times, like copy&paste from it to the RTE can leave some junk data), there are even browser plugins that can introduce junk date into the RTE (grammarly comes to mind). the reason i bring this up, i am unable to duplicate this with new post using a lorem ipsum generator and a few tweaks like adding in double quotes around text, adding in a time like 6:25, the keywords appear before and after, i also configure acronyms and IPS word filter to see if it was a conflict with those, but it is working them there too.

keywords.thumb.png.c970a10d0011b494cc3d8e199d9dfdd1.png

i tried various settings to in keywords (like increasing/decreasing the max kw per post) to no avail. 

if you could provide me with a link and/or an account to test this out on your site, there might be a variable or something i am not taking into account. 

@CodingJungle: Is it possible to archive a card without starting a new column?

I'm not sure if there's a pre-build method, however, I think it would be nice to have somewhere you can store old cards for future reference without cluttering your projects main area. Almost like a recycle bin, click the cards options, select 'achieve' and the card would then be placed in a safe area where completed cards of importance can go.

It would be useful when rehashing ideas, or project which come around often.

PS. I have seen the beta on your site, it looks great! Very much looking forward to using it.

On 12/18/2019 at 11:15 AM, Joey_M said:

I'm not sure if there's a pre-build method, however, I think it would be nice to have somewhere you can store old cards for future reference without cluttering your projects main area. Almost like a recycle bin, click the cards options, select 'achieve' and the card would then be placed in a safe area where completed cards of importance can go.

the little trashcan icon above the main area, is the archive area. you can drag and drop individual cards from the columns up towards that area (the area will expand with a red border around it) and you can just drop it there. you can also archive an entire column by clicking on the down arrow beside the column's name, and choosing "archive". 

On 12/18/2019 at 11:15 AM, Joey_M said:

PS. I have seen the beta on your site, it looks great! Very much looking forward to using it.

🙂 its coming along, got a few more things to shore up on it, but i'm actively testing it on my site and a few other places, if you are interested in joining the beta testing, let me know what your account name is on my site, i can add you to the beta group, so you can gain access to the beta download for it. 

On 12/14/2019 at 12:11 PM, GTAPoliceMods said:

I am using Downloads Plus and when I enable it I get this as the layout of the download (http://prntscr.com/qauace)

I also tried on different themes thinking it was a CSS/HTML issue but same thing...

Anyway to fix this? @CodingJungle

did you try the default theme? i am not entirely sure why it would do that, it doesn't do it on my site (which is a slightly modified default theme) and it doesn't do it on my dev. 

Interested in Stratagem for travel planning purposes - i.e. the cards will be book a flight, book hotel, rent a car, etc. Is there a possibility for default start up set of cards or it always start from blank slate?

Is there a possibility to demo all functionality, does your site offers this option?

9 hours ago, jair101 said:

Interested in Stratagem for travel planning purposes - i.e. the cards will be book a flight, book hotel, rent a car, etc. Is there a possibility for default start up set of cards or it always start from blank slate?

it only at this time creates a set of default columns pre-programmed in.

9 hours ago, jair101 said:

Is there a possibility to demo all functionality, does your site offers this option?

if you register over there, i could set you up a private project that you could play around in. 

On 12/20/2019 at 8:21 AM, CodingJungle said:

the little trashcan icon above the main area, is the archive area. you can drag and drop individual cards from the columns up towards that area (the area will expand with a red border around it) and you can just drop it there. you can also archive an entire column by clicking on the down arrow beside the column's name, and choosing "archive". 

I thought that was to delete cards. 🤣

This is brilliant, thanks for explaining it to me.

On 12/20/2019 at 8:21 AM, CodingJungle said:

🙂 its coming along, got a few more things to shore up on it, but i'm actively testing it on my site and a few other places, if you are interested in joining the beta testing, let me know what your account name is on my site, i can add you to the beta group, so you can gain access to the beta download for it. 

That would be awesome Michael. 👍

On 12/22/2019 at 9:17 AM, jair101 said:

I'll appreciate that. My registration is from yesterday via google - G***** P****

if you go to stratagem, you should see a locked "demo" project, that is the one you have free reign in. 

9 hours ago, Joey_M said:

@CodingJungle: This isn't very important, I'm happy to help when possible but just to let you know. I tried to register yesterday, and today - I keep getting a message about my password being weak despite choosing different ones (including Caps, numbers and other symbols).

i am not sure, its an IPS setting, i've disabled it for now, so it should work. 

I have your Duplicate Logger Application, I noticed this today.

LinoyR shows an alt called Linoy

Linoy shows an alt called LinoyR

Anyway to change this?
Duplicates like this will fill the table up quickly and make it harder to sort through new duplicates and this is annoying.

image.thumb.png.8ae84a62dc9f682e147f9c5c6ef87791.pngLinoy

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any luck getting a phrase bot up and running?  If yes, can you provide instructions?

The tutorial on the jungle site seems to be a dated version as it doesn't match what I installed.    The app looks promising; just love to be able to test the bots out fully.   When I attempt to edit a bot it always pulls up the wrong settings and I see no way to add multiple phrase/message combos.