Basic Points (Support)

Is it possible to?

1. Add decimal (ex. 0.5, 0.25)?
  2. Include/Exclude Member Groups from Receiving Points
  3. Include/Exclude (Individual) Members from Receiving Points
  4. Different earning potential for Different Member Groups (Ex. Member Group 1 = 1pt per post; Member Group 2 = 2pt per post, etc.)

If not now, how about in a future release? :)

Edited by GrooveOnBeat
  • 2 weeks later...

@Mike John is there any ETA on the commerce being added? I bought this app a year ago basically for that upcoming feature lol. I have a lot of respect for you man honest I do, you do some great apps etc and a lot of them for free, but this app is letting you down for sure. The point of the app was to be a long term solid point app right? And if I am honest it has been disappointing, some of the promised upcoming features still awaiting to be implemented.

I am more than happy to pay for the app again once there is an update, even at a higher price, please update soon man a lot of communities are crying out for a solid points app that they can use to actually redeem rewards through their communities!

Even a rough ETA, something, anything would be gratefully received :) 

Edited by MadMcardle
On 11/3/2017 at 12:59 AM, Mikael Johansson said:

Is there a way to issue points for reacting to posts..? 

Just replied to your PM.

On 11/3/2017 at 1:21 AM, Mikael Johansson said:

is there also a way to exclude the admins from either receiving points or being on the leaderboard..?

It's not a supported feature but I can provide a patch for the later if you have ftp access to your files?

On 11/5/2017 at 11:39 PM, Tripp★ said:

Is there any future releases planned in the near future for this app,

On 11/8/2017 at 11:51 AM, MadMcardle said:

is there any ETA on the commerce being added? I bought this app a year ago basically for that upcoming feature lol. I have a lot of respect for you man honest I do, you do some great apps etc and a lot of them for free, but this app is letting you down for sure. The point of the app was to be a long term solid point app right? And if I am honest it has been disappointing, some of the promised upcoming features still awaiting to be implemented.

My best estimate would be early 2018. I just don't have the time this close to the holidays but the first 1-2 months of the year is extremely likely.

Definitely take your point though and think a lot of it's quite fair. But I would say a few things in my defense. Firstly the whole IPB4 upgrade process took a lot more time then I expected, especially with IPB 4.1 and then 4.2 soon after requiring compatibility updates. My focus kinda has to be on bug fixes and continuous updates for IPB 4.x for the 40 odd plugins and apps I have before I start work on new points features. I needed to get that level of stability I had with the IPB 3 series before I could start on new features again.

Secondly, this app was always about long term support and not making a jammed pack points app like previous apps. I choose the name "Basic Points" and priced it lower then most of my apps for this reason. That's why it will be updated when IPB 4.3 breaks something and why it will be updated when IPB 5 comes along. And not a boom and bust approach where an app was built and then abandoned. But I do admit there are a few key features like Commerce support and a few other things that have been suggested that are crucial and should be part of that long term support ASAP.

Hello @Mike John!

I'm really interested in potentially buying this app but I was wondering if there were plans to add a shop feature like ibEconomy had? One where users could purchase member title changes, display name changes, etc. and even custom items that are displayed in the postbit? I read some of the replies about integrating the app with Commerce but I'm looking for more of a "virtual" shop. I won't be selling any physical items for the points. 

13 hours ago, jinnie said:

I'm really interested in potentially buying this app but I was wondering if there were plans to add a shop feature like ibEconomy had? One where users could purchase member title changes, display name changes, etc. and even custom items that are displayed in the postbit? I read some of the replies about integrating the app with Commerce but I'm looking for more of a "virtual" shop. I won't be selling any physical items for the points. 

No immediate or medium term plans. My priority would be Commerce integration first. But not ruling out this for the longer term.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 1:26 PM, Mike John said:

2, 3 and 4 are simple enough and will be definitely be included in a future release. I've had a few more requests about decimal support, a lot of the existing simple is based around no decimals so it's not something I can provide a patch for straight away.

Sorry, I thought I had replied earlier.

I'll look forward to those features. Thanks! :)

On 11/27/2017 at 1:40 AM, Dean_ said:

With the auto renewing of points, is there a way where you can add a calendar? This way we can a specific day in a month within a year.

Not unless you setup your own cron job for the "Reset points" task. It's using the internal IPB4 task system and it's rather basic when it comes to scheduling an exact time to run a task.

On 11/27/2017 at 5:01 AM, superj707 said:

do these point allow for conversion into "account "credit" that can be used to purchase things from downloads app using commerce?

Not yet.

On 12/6/2017 at 11:06 PM, Mikael Johansson said:

The auto renewing is set to 1st of every month, but its not actually resetting the points. Something I've missed here? Any help would be great.

Can you check acp > system tab > advanced configuration > view tasks. Look for the "autoResetPoints" task, what was the last run date on it?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2017 at 10:55 PM, Mikael Johansson said:

It says the frequency is every day and therefore last run todays date

How active if your forums? If the forums are not active there is a possibility that the task may not be run, in that case I would recommend setting up a cron job to run tasks to ensure that the points tasks are guaranteed to run.

On 11/13/2017 at 1:24 PM, Mike John said:

No immediate or medium term plans. My priority would be Commerce integration first. But not ruling out this for the longer term.

Would love a commerce integration!  I've been waiting for a points app that has commerce integration and so far no luck.  Is that on the road map yet, or just a possibility? 

On 12/30/2017 at 5:55 AM, Mike John said:

How active if your forums? If the forums are not active there is a possibility that the task may not be run, in that case I would recommend setting up a cron job to run tasks to ensure that the points tasks are guaranteed to run.

There are members posting daily in the forums.

Don't understand why it doesn't work..?

13 hours ago, Midnight Modding said:

Just curious if you store the points in the members table or elsewhere, in case I want to integrate it with various apps. I usually just make my own points app, but even then I tried to have them compatible with other people's points apps.

Points are currently stored in the "member_points" field in the "core_members" database table. Assuming IPS don't add or change the field prefix there, should be keeping it the same for a while.

• 2 weeks later...