Basic Points (Support)

On 21/06/2016 at 7:36 AM, DavoteK said:

Manually adjusting a points total to below 0. Currently gives you an error if you select to take say 10 off someone that only has 5. 

I'm not able to reproduce this locally, can I please have acp login details to look more closely?

12 hours ago, Mike John said:

I'm not able to reproduce this locally, can I please have acp login details to look more closely?

See attached. If I change a value in Members Points to a negative value, it says, value must be greater than 0. I'd like to be able to change "Members Points" to any value, be it positive or negative.

I can reproduce a negative value if I change the "or Add Points" value to something between "-1 and -10,000 pts" and the Members Points is less than that value I'm subtracting, but we're dealing with millions, so it'd be nice to adjust that 10,000 limit if possible please. 

Same with the forum points, I can't subtract values if someone posts a reply or a new thread, if there's a way to change that value, that would be class. 

Also (demanding, I know, sorry :D), is there a way of viewing a list of everyone's points totals? Currently, we can only get the top 20 via the block. 

If you still need admin CP access after this, let me know, I'll get it sorted for you. 

Cheers for taking the time out man. 

Member Points.jpg

Or Add Points.jpg

Edited by DavoteK
On 25/06/2016 at 1:07 AM, DavoteK said:

I can reproduce a negative value if I change the "or Add Points" value to something between "-1 and -10,000 pts" and the Members Points is less than that value I'm subtracting, but we're dealing with millions, so it'd be nice to adjust that 10,000 limit if possible please. 

So it's only when you go below the 10,000 cap that your having a problem then? I'm not able to set an unlimited negative cap but I can raise it substantially to not be an issue.

On 25/06/2016 at 1:07 AM, DavoteK said:

Also (demanding, I know, sorry :D), is there a way of viewing a list of everyone's points totals? Currently, we can only get the top 20 via the block. 

Not currently. Although that would be a good idea to add. Should it be displayed within the member list or another top points page?

On 6/27/2016 at 5:08 AM, Mike John said:

So it's only when you go below the 10,000 cap that your having a problem then? I'm not able to set an unlimited negative cap but I can raise it substantially to not be an issue.

If you can set the "or Add Points" to have a negative or positive cap of say 999,999,999 that would be ideal. 

Same with the forum points in the admin CP, you can't enter a negative value. We use a negative value per post (normally -1,000,000) to do things like raffles where when you post, it takes the money automatically off you and then your post acts as the ticket. Silly, but fun.

On 6/27/2016 at 5:08 AM, Mike John said:

Not currently. Although that would be a good idea to add. Should it be displayed within the member list or another top points page?

I'd keep it within the app personally, click points and have an "overall rankings" page. 

It'd also be good to make the items in the block toggle-able, so if you only wanted to see "All Time", only that would show. 

14 hours ago, DavoteK said:

If you can set the "or Add Points" to have a negative or positive cap of say 999,999,999 that would be ideal. 

Do you have ftp access to your forums or are you hosted by IPS? If so, I can put together some file edits for you to use now instead of waiting until the next version.

On 6/29/2016 at 2:06 AM, Mike John said:

Do you have ftp access to your forums or are you hosted by IPS? If so, I can put together some file edits for you to use now instead of waiting until the next version.

That would be great if you could supply the file edits. I would really appreciate it.

17 hours ago, DavoteK said:

That would be great if you could supply the file edits. I would really appreciate it.

Open applications/basicpoints/modules/front/basicpoints/submit.php

Find and adjust 'min' value in this line:

$form->add( new \IPS\Helpers\Form\Number( 'member_log_points', NULL, FALSE, array( 'min' => '-10000' ) ) );

Save.

53 minutes ago, Alexander Scott said:

Considering to purchase. However I wanted to know if this has the ability to Mass add points to all forum users like ibeconomy did or if it has it by groups at least

Not a built in feature right now. Would have to be done manually with a mysql query.

Edited by Mike John
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I've installed and configured this application, and I have been reading to know if someone had suggested this, but I haven't seen anything.

I'd like to select which groups can receive points and which groups can't. For example, moderators and admins.  
That data shouldn't even appear in their profiles because it adds a new tab on the profile page which leads to no content at all. 

Another solution could be making the points visible or invisible per group on the user information profile when posting.

17 hours ago, gabs007 said:

Hi, I've installed and configured this application, and I have been reading to know if someone had suggested this, but I haven't seen anything.

I'd like to select which groups can receive points and which groups can't. For example, moderators and admins.  

No I don't believe it has and there isn't a setting for it right now. But I will note this for a future version. You could technically set a really low "daily topic cap" to avoid giving out points to certain groups but that obviously would only apply to the topic points.

17 hours ago, gabs007 said:

That data shouldn't even appear in their profiles because it adds a new tab on the profile page which leads to no content at all. 

As in hide tab when member has 0 points or logs present? If so, I think that's a good idea and will include in a future version.

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, zenzoidman said:

It looks like this application can automatically award points to users for posting new topics or replies, but can it award points to users for things like:

• Uploading a new file
  • Another user downloading a file that the user uploaded
  • Making a new blog post

No not currently. Only basic support for the forums app currently.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again, thanks for answering my last question. I just have a few more.

First, how long are the points logs kept for? Does the application start deleting them after a certain amount of time?

Also, do you have any plans for adding a feature that would allow for the points logs to be viewed in graph form? For example, showing a user's points gain over time. This kind of functionality would be very useful for me, since I want to be able to see at a glance how many points a specific user gained over the period of, say, a year.

On 07/09/2016 at 8:04 AM, zenzoidman said:

First, how long are the points logs kept for? Does the application start deleting them after a certain amount of time?

No pruning currently.

On 07/09/2016 at 8:04 AM, zenzoidman said:

Also, do you have any plans for adding a feature that would allow for the points logs to be viewed in graph form? For example, showing a user's points gain over time. This kind of functionality would be very useful for me, since I want to be able to see at a glance how many points a specific user gained over the period of, say, a year.

I do have plans to add further improvements like that and will note that particular feature. But it will be more time before new major features are added.

On 10/09/2016 at 11:23 AM, RSAC said:

whens the next update expected for this mod?

I'm going to avoid giving estimates from now on. There are just too many things happening now and I can't guarantee any sort of estimate.

Thanks for answering my last few questions! Here's another one:

If I want to be able to see which members have the highest point values, is there any way currently in the plugin for me to do that? A graph maybe, or can I sort my members list in the ACP by how many points they have?

And if you don't have any features like that already in the plugin, would they be things you could add?

Thanks for letting me know about that widget! I didn't know that was a feature in the application.

There's something odd I noticed--after I installed this application, a new tab appeared in my menu bar called Points. But when you click on it, it just gives an error saying "the page you requested does not exist". Is there some way to configure this that I'm missing?

9 hours ago, zenzoidman said:

There's something odd I noticed--after I installed this application, a new tab appeared in my menu bar called Points. But when you click on it, it just gives an error saying "the page you requested does not exist". Is there some way to configure this that I'm missing?

Were there any other error codes with that error?

8 hours ago, zenzoidman said:

Also, where can I go to change the title of the Top Points widget to something else? If I have to edit the files of the application to do this, which file (or files) would I edit?

All text should be covered in the language manager. In this particular case, look for the "block_pointsTopPoints" language string.

There's something odd that I've noticed about the Top Points widget, and I don't know if it's an intentional feature or not. The All Time tab shows whatever the users' current points total is. However, the Week, Month, and Year tabs seem to show how many points the users gained during that time period, regardless of whether or not points have been removed from those users.

This means that the totals shown for Week/Month/Year can be higher than they should be. You can see an example of this at my site, https://appliantology.org/ The top points widget is at the bottom of the sidebar. You can see there that the Week/Month/Year tabs show that the user Samurai Appliance Repair Man has 4 more points than the All Time tab. The All Time tab shows his actual current point total. At a certain point, I had removed 4 points from that user, and that seems to have caused this discrepancy.

It seems to me that the Week/Month/Year tabs should still reflect when points have been removed from a user. Is this a change that could be made to the plugin?