Basic Points (Support)

Hello @Michael.J

I have a problem with the latest version of the Basic Points plugin. On my forum before updating, I had a "utility" group with permission to manage points, and I have given that group to specific moderators AS a secondary group, so they can modify points for any user. After the update, they no longer have that permission, they only have it IF I set that group to be their primary group which does not suit me at all, because it is only an utility group which aims to enable individual moderators/users to change the amount of points. So is there anything I can do to fix this? Or is there any alternative way to achieve the same results?

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/21/2022 at 9:31 PM, Ohanzee said:

Hello @Michael.J

I have a problem with the latest version of the Basic Points plugin. On my forum before updating, I had a "utility" group with permission to manage points, and I have given that group to specific moderators AS a secondary group, so they can modify points for any user. After the update, they no longer have that permission, they only have it IF I set that group to be their primary group which does not suit me at all, because it is only an utility group which aims to enable individual moderators/users to change the amount of points. So is there anything I can do to fix this? Or is there any alternative way to achieve the same results?

I had to change how group permissions were loaded due to requirements made in IPB 4.5. If you don't mind some manual file editing, I can give you the edits to use the old way and see if that is the problem gehre?

• 1 month later...
On 9/19/2022 at 5:11 AM, Michael.J said:

I had to change how group permissions were loaded due to requirements made in IPB 4.5. If you don't mind some manual file editing, I can give you the edits to use the old way and see if that is the problem gehre?

That would be great, because currently moderators who edit points have special accounts just for that, which slows down the process a lot. When you have time send me those changes either here or in a private message. Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/3/2023 at 4:58 AM, Maxtor said:

- admin cannot view a list of members points from AdminCP.

- admin cannot edit each member points from adminCP.

Should be easy to add next update.

On 1/3/2023 at 4:58 AM, Maxtor said:

- users cannot transfer their points to other members.

That's already a feature.

On 1/3/2023 at 5:31 AM, Maxtor said:

i recieve the following error while trying to redeem points:

Thanks for reporting, logged a bug report and will fix next update soon.

On 1/4/2023 at 10:31 AM, SUBRTX said:

Just want you to know, my issue was solved, kinda.

Sorry for the delay, can you give me more information if I do need to do anything in the app?

On 1/12/2023 at 3:55 AM, Ana Claudia Farias said:

We acquired the Basic Points widget, with the aim of showing everyone which user has the most points. However, it is not displaying the correction score. Displays only points awarded through Basic Points. What should I do to adjust?

Those are rank points and separate from the Basic Points points. You would probably need to build a widget just to show rank points if that's what you want to do. PM me if you'd like me to build it.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Error. Can not redeem points @Michael.J please take a look to this

I'm on IPS 4.7.12, and I installed Basic Points and integrated it with the achievements posts of IPS. It works well so far.

Check the settings below:

Could contain: Page, Text, File

Here are the redeem points settings I've setup for my group (Root Admin). In a nutshell it has a min redeem points of 5000 ($5) and a max of 50,000 ($50)

Could contain: Page, Text, File

If you check the code below, you will see that the settings for the form are wrong. I tried to withdraw 8,000 points, but the script set a minimum of 59000 (total number of points) and a max of 50,000 points which is ok considering I set the limit. But the minimum is wrong and doesn't let me validate the form.

Could contain: File, Webpage, Text

When I manually set the minimum to 5000 it still doesn't let me withdraw telling me that the value must be larger than my number of points.

Could contain: File, Webpage, Text, Page

Please fix

Update fixed it myself:

In applications/basicpoints/modules/front/basicpoints/redeem.php

I changed

/* Setup min and max requests */
 $minPointsRequest = max( \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->group['g_basicpoints_redeem_min'], \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->memberPoints );

to

/* Setup min and max requests */
 $minPointsRequest = min( \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->group['g_basicpoints_redeem_min'], \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->memberPoints );

I understand your logic because if the user has 3000 points and the min is 5000, he will not be able to send the request but if he has 9000 points and the min is 5000, but he wants to request only 6000 points can not do it because the script set the min at 9000 (because of Max function)