Basic Points (Support)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if this is related to another issue that I'm currently experiencing.

But, my point's app keeps removing points that I've set for forum. Per Topic > Reply > Per Topic Starter.

It currently shows '0' for each section. I just sat there for a second time and redid them, saved the page and a couple minutes later they are back to zero?

Any ideas.

1 hour ago, Dean_ said:

It currently shows '0' for each section. I just sat there for a second time and redid them, saved the page and a couple minutes later they are back to zero?

Anything in your error or system logs? If you have experience with databases, do the values also reset in the basicpoints_forums database table?

17 minutes ago, Michael.J said:

Anything in your error or system logs? If you have experience with databases, do the values also reset in the basicpoints_forums database table?

Nothing in the error log, and I'll check the database.

This is after setting the first 3 column (in ACP) to 5 - 2 - 1

421878679_Screenshot2022-02-16at20-40-17thewizardingworldcouklocalhosthxpvezuh_IPS45basicpoints_forumsphpMyAdmin497.thumb.png.ae8fbda23e740f39f09ec1da36784b89.png

I readded them, press save. It saved the points, once I refresh the page or move elsewhere to check again, it's back to '0'.

Edited by Dean_
6 minutes ago, Michael.J said:

Already have this applied.

What's strange is nothing has changed on my install. Looking through the logs, it stopped around mid to end of Jan, where people would only get sign up points. But, nothing was added/awarded for post or topics.

Edited by Dean_
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2022 at 8:06 AM, Dean_ said:

I'll clear the table. What's the best way to do that?

TRUNCATE basicpoints_forums

In either the SQL toolbox or phpMyAdmin. Let me know how it goes but otherwise might need board access to troubleshoot further as not seeing any obvious issues while testing.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2022 at 8:06 PM, Maxtor said:

hello @Michael.J does this work on latest 4.6.12.1 ?

Yes no reported problems.

On 6/3/2022 at 5:54 AM, Maxtor said:

1) How to buy points with credit?

2) How to view members points and logs from AdminCP?

1) Have you setup the Commerce integration/settings?

2) Points and logs are viewed from the front end, not admin cp.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2022 at 9:38 PM, Michael.J said:

New update released pending approval that fixes some group permission issues and a few minor bug fixes.

I got your email, so now this app is IPS 4,7 AND PHP 8 compatible, how about PHP 8.1? Thanks!

21 hours ago, BAROTTA said:

but how to send points between members searching for that option?

Which feature is that? Redeem? Can you screenshot what you are talking about please?

18 hours ago, SUBRTX said:

I got your email, so now this app is IPS 4,7 AND PHP 8 compatible, how about PHP 8.1? Thanks!

I tested with PHP 8.1 on my test board. So that should be the up to date version going forward.

On 2/3/2022 at 12:44 PM, Michael.J said:

No not currently but good idea and will add to my feature list for future versions.

Hi @Michael.J do you know if you your are planning on rolling this out in the future.  The points system I use now had this feature which has been broken for over a year with no ETA on a fix, kind of ready to move on to something else if your planning on rolling this out.

19 hours ago, HDiddy said:

Hi @Michael.J do you know if you your are planning on rolling this out in the future.  The points system I use now had this feature which has been broken for over a year with no ETA on a fix, kind of ready to move on to something else if your planning on rolling this out.

Can you PM me to remind me and will take a look next week. If it's simple, I can add in the next bug fixing update.