Basic Points (Support)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/26/2021 at 1:33 PM, Christopher Scott Grigg said:

Does user points get removed if the post gets removed?

I believe so because I have seen some members on my site have negative point since you can not set a members point to -

On 1/26/2021 at 1:33 PM, Christopher Scott Grigg said:

Also, is there a way to automatically take away points should the user get a warning?

no such option in current version.

@Michael.J Could you add 'groups' to the top point's widget, or have a separate one. I need a way to see how many points each group has so I can sort out prizes for the group the works at earning the most points.
A global stats page would be even better that one can view on the front end or in ACP.

Also, I need a way to disable points for certain groups, one being the admins/staff. Having an option in ACP to disable/select would be desirable.

Please, please, please! I've been asking for a good couple of years now! 🥰

Edited by Dean_

@Michael.J

Hi, congratulations on your plugin however it has a major error in "credit redemption requests" when multiple real currencies are expected in the trade.

In practice it does not allow you to "choose" on which currency to redeem the user's points and therefore the user finds himself with a duplicate amount on each currency ...

In this case I converted 854 user points into real credit (one-time operation), the result is that the user received 854 € plus 854 Swiss Francs ...

I may be wrong so I ask you for more information.

Thank you
Greetings

image.thumb.png.8e14eefa8bd2b77cd55122009e1795d0.png

On 1/31/2021 at 2:05 PM, Dean_ said:

@Michael.J Could you add 'groups' to the top point's widget, or have a separate one. I need a way to see how many points each group has so I can sort out prizes for the group the works at earning the most points.
A global stats page would be even better that one can view on the front end or in ACP.

Also, I need a way to disable points for certain groups, one being the admins/staff. Having an option in ACP to disable/select would be desirable.

He didn't even read my PM send on 2.2....

I couldn't install the app from marketplace for some reason so I asked him for help (already paid), since I need this app so bad I went to his website bought again.

not complaint about paid twice( already told him in PM) but this lack of support is meh...

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2021 at 1:01 AM, Shiyo said:

Nevermind, points were back after a few hours. It probably was a server issue.

There is a background task that shifts the points over to the new IPB 4.5 way of storing data. I'll see about speeding that up so it doesn't appear there's no points after upgrading.

On 1/18/2021 at 1:59 PM, Shawn Raines said:

Is anyone updating through the marketplace backend? Its not letting me for some reason even though my license is valid. 

I'm sorry I don't really have much control over marketplace purchases, if this is still an issue you will have to contact IPS directly.

On 1/27/2021 at 5:33 AM, Christopher Scott Grigg said:

Does user points get removed if the post gets removed?

Also, is there a way to automatically take away points should the user get a warning?

If topics are deleted, points are removed.

Not specifically for warnings but if the "set as spammer" function is flagged, it will remove points from that user.

On 2/1/2021 at 6:05 AM, Dean_ said:

I have both noted but it may still be a bit longer. The IPB 4.5 update rules and regulations took a lot out of me.

On 2/2/2021 at 10:11 AM, modman said:

Hi, congratulations on your plugin however it has a major error in "credit redemption requests" when multiple real currencies are expected in the trade.

Yeah I can see that being a problem. Do you have ftp access to your ipb files? I might be able to provide a patch for it to select the members default currency while I look into adding an optional selection.

On 2/9/2021 at 9:35 AM, SUBRTX said:

@Michael.J

Can we have the option to remove this "how many points a member have" on their member info panel?

image.png.b2b944b6cc847b3ce63b4731725e7afa.png

Do you mean per member or a global setting?

On 2/9/2021 at 9:40 AM, SUBRTX said:

I couldn't install the app from marketplace for some reason so I asked him for help (already paid), since I need this app so bad I went to his website bought again.

not complaint about paid twice( already told him in PM) but this lack of support is meh...

I'm sorry for the delay, I've basically got no real control over IPS Marketplace purchases. So you will need to contact IPS with errors for there.

Let me know which site you want refunded and can either do that myself or ask IPS to refund for you.

49 minutes ago, Michael.J said:

This is what it looks like after basic points enabled. For all the members. I wish/hope there will be an option to remove it from Members' panel inside the topic. I guess the answer is a global setting.

cpp.png.f1a5999c49f640ad927fb6250a2059cc.png

Edited by SUBRTX
On 2/25/2021 at 4:25 AM, Michael.J said:

Hi, I tried to contact you privately but it says you can't receive messages.

However, I think that the change to solve this problem should be official and also present in the version of your plugin on the marketplace, not only in the version on my website (it is a test site, however).

Thank you
Greetings

On 2/25/2021 at 2:25 PM, Michael.J said:

There is a background task that shifts the points over to the new IPB 4.5 way of storing data. I'll see about speeding that up so it doesn't appear there's no points after upgrading.

I'm sorry I don't really have much control over marketplace purchases, if this is still an issue you will have to contact IPS directly.

If topics are deleted, points are removed.

Not specifically for warnings but if the "set as spammer" function is flagged, it will remove points from that user.

I have both noted but it may still be a bit longer. The IPB 4.5 update rules and regulations took a lot out of me.

Yeah I can see that being a problem. Do you have ftp access to your ipb files? I might be able to provide a patch for it to select the members default currency while I look into adding an optional selection.

I'm sorry for the delay, I've basically got no real control over IPS Marketplace purchases. So you will need to contact IPS with errors for there.

Let me know which site you want refunded and can either do that myself or ask IPS to refund for you.

What I don't understand is why you are ignoring my PMs, Support Topic replies, and comments on your profile about the Auto Lock Topics plugin? You've left me hanging for months with no acknowledgement. I don't get it. Why are you ignoring me?

On 2/25/2021 at 3:14 PM, SUBRTX said:

This is what it looks like after basic points enabled. For all the members. I wish/hope there will be an option to remove it from Members' panel inside the topic. I guess the answer is a global setting.

I'll add a setting in the future but for now open acp > open theme editor > basicpoints > front  > topics > pointsCount

Clear everything in this template.

On 2/26/2021 at 7:34 PM, modman said:

However, I think that the change to solve this problem should be official and also present in the version of your plugin on the marketplace, not only in the version on my website (it is a test site, however).

Should be able to PM now.

Yes of course I'll include in a release but the offer was an interim patch sooner so you didn't have to wait for the next update.

10 hours ago, Michael.J said:

I wasn't able to reproduce this. Can I either have the full error or further steps to reproduce this?

BadMethodCallException:  (0)
#0 /home2/<snip>/public_html/init.php(893) : eval()'d code(34): IPS\Content\_Item->container()
#1 /home2/<snip>/public_html/applications/nexus/sources/Support/Request.php(875): IPS\Content\basicpoints_hook_itemSource->processAfterCreate(Object(IPS\nexus\Support\Reply), Array)

#2 /home2/<snip>/public_html/applications/nexus/extensions/core/ContactUs/SupportRequest.php(105): IPS\nexus\Support\_Request->processAfterCreate(Object(IPS\nexus\Support\Reply), Array)
#3 /home2/<snip>/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/contact/contact.php(87): IPS\nexus\extensions\core\ContactUs\_SupportRequest->handleForm(Array)

#4 /home2/<snip>/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\core\modules\front\contact\_contact->manage()
#5 /home2/<snip>/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/contact/contact.php(43): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home2/<snip>/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\front\contact\_contact->execute()
#7 /home2/<snip>/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}