Basic Points (Support)

Hello,

Just downloaded and set it up but one of the features I do not really like how can I move the points count under the User's Group?

1964364328_errorpoints.png.63468a4d66c560999460a347b08d7b65.png

@Edit, there might be a bug on this as the person who gets points for reciving reaction does not show on the weekly/monthly/yearly Top Points,  only on all time one..

Edited by pr0chu

I'm trying to figure out which points system to purchase.  I would like to get yours because it has the cashout ability, but it doesn't have the Automation Rules integration, which would allow me to do whatever I wanted to do.

I looked at Kevin's intergration docs, and it's quite simple as you only need to add 2 actions for the most basic functionality:  Give point and Remove points.

https://ipsguru.net/documentation/rules/developers_8/extensions

Just look at the bottom of the page for Adding Actions.  It's pretty simple and straight forward.  You don't really need to add any conditions or events.  The other points system Member's Shop only has action integration (give and remove points).

I need to purchase a points system soon, so it would be great if you could let me know if adding this is something you'd be interested in doing.  

Thanks!

One thing I noticed after reading this thread and looking at the screenshots, which is a little scary, if you're awarding points and allowing people to cashout for real money, there is nowhere (besides the widget) to see how much people have.  Someone could be banking points and you'd never know it unless the person was in the top 5 in the widget.  If you're paying out 1000 points per 1 USD and there are 100M points outstanding on the site, you'd owe a lot of money (if you were being legit and didn't just blank out the points).  Yes, you can control the amount people are allowed to withdraw, but still, if someone have a ton of points, their going to want their money eventually.  You can't just delete their points and say sorry.

While this points system is fun for the site if something not very serious is your goal, if you're seriously running something where you're rewarding members cash (like an affiliate site or some kind of money site) not having a reference of how many point are outstanding, would be a huge issue.  While the cash out option is great and only available for this points system, not being able to see a stats page could be dangerous.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/1/2019 at 3:55 AM, pr0chu said:

Just downloaded and set it up but one of the features I do not really like how can I move the points count under the User's Group?

@Edit, there might be a bug on this as the person who gets points for reciving reaction does not show on the weekly/monthly/yearly Top Points,  only on all time one..

I'd need access to your theme to advice what changes can be made to the hook. The default theme has it appearing down the bottom.

Do you have reactions added to the "Allowed log types" setting?

On 11/2/2019 at 6:33 PM, Bluto said:

I'm trying to figure out which points system to purchase.  I would like to get yours because it has the cashout ability, but it doesn't have the Automation Rules integration, which would allow me to do whatever I wanted to do.

Sorry but probably not likely to be added in the near future. I'll be starting work on new features again next year. I'm a bit hesitant to add support for an app that's not currently for sale though, especially if IPB 4.5 breaks anything and it's not updated.

On 11/2/2019 at 7:05 PM, Bluto said:

One thing I noticed after reading this thread and looking at the screenshots, which is a little scary, if you're awarding points and allowing people to cashout for real money, there is nowhere (besides the widget) to see how much people have.  Someone could be banking points and you'd never know it unless the person was in the top 5 in the widget. 

I've noted a "top member points" page for a future version. I've wanted to add it for a while and would work in addition to the top points widget.

On 10/3/2019 at 9:24 AM, Mike John said:

Does the username link work outside of the widget? Because I'm not doing anything special with username links in this app.

Hi,

When I use a profile view restriction app, it does not work from your widget because there is a URL problem

this problem is unique on the widjet score and not on the rest of the site or the rest of your application

Thanks

Edited by annadaa
On 11/29/2019 at 11:45 PM, DavoteK said:

Does anyone know how to get Points to display in the Enhanced User Info Panel mod?

I don't have that plugin so don't know for sure but I assume it has a template bit to manually add content? If so have you tried something like this?

{$member->member_points}
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2020 at 11:44 AM, DC23 said:

@Michael.J

PM'd you a couple days. I upgraded my forum to IPB 4.5.3 and seem to have lost the ability to edit/modify a user's Point total. They still earn Points for new threads/replies but I can't manual edit. Any suggestions? I PM'd you a screenshot and my forum link. Thank you.

@Michael.J - never heard back from you. Are you still offering support for your products in the IPS marketplace?

• 3 weeks later...

I apologies for the delay, this will be updated to IPB 4.5 but IPS has made the requirements a lot more complicated for this particular app, so it will be at least another month before it's updated.

Those that have already updated to IPB 4.5 and don't mind applying some patches, I might be able to offer a temporary patch so you can at least use this while waiting. Please PM if your willing to test this.