Basic Points (Support)

Just updated -

Seems there are still template issues, on modified and default themes.

[[Template basicpoints/front/logs/logRows is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

These are on Profile and URL/points links. It doesn't show the logs at all.

It seems that it's a PHP8 issue, once changed to 7.4, the errors go.

TypeError: method_exists(): Argument #1 ($object_or_class) must be of type object|string, array given in /home2/<SNIP>/public_html/uploads/template_54_09d5381cd6389a5d826715841593342d_logs.php:25
Stack trace:
#0 /home2/<SNIP>/public_html/uploads/template_54_09d5381cd6389a5d826715841593342d_logs.php(25): method_exists(Array, 'tableClass')
#1 /home2/<SNIP>/public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\Cache\class_basicpoints_front_logs->logRows(Object(IPS\Helpers\Table\Db), Array, Array, 'log_note', NULL, Array)
#2 /home2/<SNIP>/public_html/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php(541): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('logRows', Array)
#3 /home2/<SNIP>/public_html/applications/basicpoints/modules/front/basicpoints/index.php(147): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#4 /home2/<SNIP>/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\basicpoints\modules\front\basicpoints\_index->manage()
#5 /home2/<SNIP>/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home2/<SNIP>/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

Edited by Dean_
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/9/2021 at 11:35 AM, Dean_ said:

Just updated -

Seems there are still template issues, on modified and default themes.

[[Template basicpoints/front/logs/logRows is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

These are on Profile and URL/points links. It doesn't show the logs at all.

It seems that it's a PHP8 issue, once changed to 7.4, the errors go.

TypeError: method_exists(): Argument #1 ($object_or_class) must be of type object|string, array given in /home2/<SNIP>/public_html/uploads/template_54_09d5381cd6389a5d826715841593342d_logs.php:25
Stack trace:
#0 /home2/<SNIP>/public_html/uploads/template_54_09d5381cd6389a5d826715841593342d_logs.php(25): method_exists(Array, 'tableClass')
#1 /home2/<SNIP>/public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\Cache\class_basicpoints_front_logs->logRows(Object(IPS\Helpers\Table\Db), Array, Array, 'log_note', NULL, Array)
#2 /home2/<SNIP>/public_html/system/Helpers/Table/Table.php(541): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('logRows', Array)
#3 /home2/<SNIP>/public_html/applications/basicpoints/modules/front/basicpoints/index.php(147): IPS\Helpers\Table\_Table->__toString()
#4 /home2/<SNIP>/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(101): IPS\basicpoints\modules\front\basicpoints\_index->manage()
#5 /home2/<SNIP>/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home2/<SNIP>/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#7 {main}

Did this get fixed from the latest update or?

I'm about to upgrade my IPS to 4.6.X...

@Michael.J

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@Michael.J

Hello, when I tried to setup "topic" or "Edit this forum" in the club, error occur 

image.png.1ecd2a649b87b71c40b3148e25764f08.pngimage.png.8a078ee7e1912265ab77af6bd290e57d.png

image.png.8da5661cba28c43430af5edb765e6f9b.png

I tested on my live site and a clean installed test site. Error log is the same on both site:

ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function IPS\forums\_Forum::clubForm(), 1 passed in /chroot/home/xxx/xxx/html/init.php(902) : eval()'d code on line 276 and exactly 2 expected (0)
#0 /chroot/home/xx/x/html/init.php(902) : eval()'d code(276): IPS\forums\_Forum->clubForm()
#1 /chroot/home/xxx/x/html/applications/core/modules/front/clubs/view.php(1545): IPS\forums\basicpoints_hook_forumSource->clubForm()
#2 /chroot/home/xxx/x/html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\_view->nodeForm()
#3 /chroot/home/xxx/x/html/applications/core/modules/front/clubs/view.php(120): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /chroot/home/xxx/x/html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\_view->execute()
#5 /chroot/home/xxx/xx/html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

Edited by SUBRTX
7 hours ago, Michael.J said:

Thanks for reporting, I've put up a manual patch until the next update is released here - https://www.devfuse.com/forums/bugs/other-paid-products/basic-points/clubs-add-topic-error-r357/

Hello, bad news

with this new manual patch, the forum point setting can not be saved

image.png.382d85ae5a4852423c071ba8029480c5.png

I tried to set random number, it all reset to 0.

image.thumb.png.10b8629198c683dcc569d129230fb335.png

after I replaced the original forumSource.php, my previous setting was restored.

17 hours ago, SUBRTX said:

with this new manual patch, the forum point setting can not be saved

Can you double check the edits performed, not seeing any issues on my end.

9 hours ago, Dean_ said:

Any update for PHP8 yet? Only this app is stopping me from upgrading.

I haven't updated my test board but I've tried the app on a demo board and I only found 1 issue which I can provide a manual patch for until I've officially updated the app if you would like. Unless you found more issues?

8 hours ago, Michael.J said:

Did you set how many points to unlock on a topic on your site?

I tested again on my clean installed test site

Here what I did, please tell me if any step was wrong

I opened public_html-applications-basicpoints-hooks-forumSource.php

I searched these lines

/**
     * Set form for creating a node of this type in a club
     * @param	\IPS\Helpers\Form	$form	Form object
     * @return	void
     */
    public function clubForm( \IPS\Helpers\Form $form )
	{
        /* Club points disabled? */
        if( !\IPS\Settings::i()->basicPoints_club_points )
        {
            return parent::clubForm( $form );
        }

/* Add tab for default fields */
        $form->addTab('basicpoints_club_settings');

/* Show default fields */
        parent::clubForm( $form );

replaced them with these

/**
     * @return	void
     */
    public function clubForm( \IPS\Helpers\Form $form, \IPS\Member\Club $club )
	{
        {
            return parent::clubForm( $form, $club );
        }

parent::clubForm( $form, $club );

After that, I went to my test site, using a test account which needs points to unlock topic, but ended up just opened the topic without points needed.

So, I went to ACP, found out that unlock point was reset to 0

image.png.8fdb1afe4c1d5136556534028faa8312.pngimage.png.8fdb1afe4c1d5136556534028faa8312.png

I changed to 10 

image.png.e5ae8f79f555205396c465544df97c7f.png

but after refresh the page, it went back to 0 again.

15 hours ago, Michael.J said:

I haven't updated my test board but I've tried the app on a demo board and I only found 1 issue which I can provide a manual patch for until I've officially updated the app if you would like. Unless you found more issues?

I’ll check you a PM with all the errors. Thanks 🙏 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2021 at 9:20 PM, Michael.J said:

Just tested and not able to reproduce this. Can you PM me admin login details so I can look over this please?

Hello, I fixed the issue. I don't know why but my original code in the forumsource.php is different from yours, here is mine:

/**
	 * @return	void
	 */
	public function clubForm( \IPS\Helpers\Form $form )
	{
		try
		{
	        {
	            return parent::clubForm( $form );
	        }

parent::clubForm( $form );

I have this "Try" in my code.

So, I added the extra code from the fixed solution, and keep that "try", and my setting didn't reset and club feature is normal

/**
	 * @return	void
	 */
	public function clubForm( \IPS\Helpers\Form $form, \IPS\Member\Club $club )
	{
		try
		{
	        {
	            return parent::clubForm( $form, $club );
	        }

parent::clubForm( $form, $club );

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2021 at 10:27 PM, Michael.J said:

I've found another issue. This time it's with clubs. Making a new club, you go to add feature (topics) it creates an error.

ArgumentCountError: Too few arguments to function IPS\forums\_Forum::clubForm(), 1 passed in /home2/<SNIP>/public_html/init.php(902) : eval()'d code on line 276 and exactly 2 expected (0)
#0 /home2/<SNIP>/public_html/init.php(902) : eval()'d code(276): IPS\forums\_Forum->clubForm(Object(IPS\Helpers\Form))
#1 /home2/<SNIP>/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/clubs/view.php(1545): IPS\forums\basicpoints_hook_forumSource->clubForm(Object(IPS\Helpers\Form), Object(IPS\Member\Club))
#2 /home2/<SNIP>/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\_view->nodeForm()
#3 /home2/<SNIP>/public_html/applications/core/modules/front/clubs/view.php(120): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#4 /home2/<SNIP>/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\front\clubs\_view->execute()
#5 /home2/<SNIP>/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#6 {main}

Do you know when you'll be able to start work on this? I really would like to add the features we've talked about in the past via PM. As updates are slow (everyone has their owns lives). But, if an update is coming, it'll be worth adding as many as you can in one go and produce a nice update for this app.

On 1/10/2022 at 12:00 AM, Dean_ said:

I've found another issue. This time it's with clubs. Making a new club, you go to add feature (topics) it creates an error.

Does your forumSource.php file still have the changes applied? That's what that edit was for and should fix this error.

On 1/10/2022 at 12:00 AM, Dean_ said:

Do you know when you'll be able to start work on this?

Not yet sorry.

On 1/11/2022 at 6:55 AM, Red Entity said:

How can i give the permission to a group for modify points?

Admin CP > Members Tab > Groups > Basic Points. See group permissions for managing app.

Does your forumSource.php file still have the changes applied? That's what that edit was for and should fix this error.

All fixed, thank you.

Not yet sorry.

Is it going to be the first half of this year do you know? As it's holding me back with what I want to do with the community. 😔