Basic Points (Support)

I can't remember if I ask this before Mike so thought I would now, can you use points to purchase items through commerce? Not convert in to real money, but actually purchase through the system as the points?

We really need that option for our community as we trade in-game items which cannot have a real world value.

On 07/01/2017 at 10:39 AM, MadMcardle said:

I can't remember if I ask this before Mike so thought I would now, can you use points to purchase items through commerce? Not convert in to real money, but actually purchase through the system as the points?

There is currently no integration with the Commerce app but it would be the next logical feature in any major release rather then a dedicated points store.

+1 for any and all of these...

Points for Gallery Images added (should be by category, personally I want to do 0 points for personal albums)

Points for IP Page DB Records Created/Updated

Points used for IPDownloads - I would love to have users cash in their points for increasing the number of files they can download via IP Downloads. Right now the default system is too rigid of X posts per 1 Download. I would rather it be the reverse.......X Downloads Per X Topics or X Posts. If you do go down this route, please add an exclusion setting, so I can allow Patrons/Staff to bypass cashing in points for download credits.

I am looking at this app and wondering if I can use it for awarding points based on attendance to a practice event that is on certain days with optional ones in between, I am currently running a custom designed app and I just dont have it in me to recode the whole thing for IPB 4.0.  Also does it show up on the main menu of the index of the forum for those that have permission to use it?

Edited by Legion of Honor
On 17/01/2017 at 9:32 AM, Legion of Honor said:

I am looking at this app and wondering if I can use it for awarding points based on attendance to a practice event that is on certain days with optional ones in between, I am currently running a custom designed app and I just dont have it in me to recode the whole thing for IPB 4.0.  Also does it show up on the main menu of the index of the forum for those that have permission to use it?

So the app is built outside of IPB4? What kind of integration with IPB does it have now?

On 19/01/2017 at 1:59 PM, Legion of Honor said:

It was built for IPB 3.x kinda of like  IP Pages, it has a admin and a public side to it.

Is the original author still around who built it? If so, I can provide locations to where the points are stored so he/she can update it to add points where you needed.

On 1/24/2017 at 9:35 PM, Mike John said:

Is the original author still around who built it? If so, I can provide locations to where the points are stored so he/she can update it to add points where you needed.

I decided to bite the bullet and I am building it around my test site for IPB 4.x.x.x Its going to take me quite a while at least a month and once its built, I'll let you gander at it.  I am going to begin today Feb 1st and its a bigger learning curve since I am not IPB 4.x familiar as of yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

I've been following this for some time and I'm now reaching the stage where the points system is exactly what I need for a new community I'm setting up. The whole site will be based on your basic point system. Wooo! :rofl:

Currently it has almost everything I need but, there just a couple of extra features I'm waiting for, then I can purchase, setup and test.

Possible features:

• AdminCP - Assign points to usergroups (add/subtrack points)
  • Usergroups - let's say a donation group get's more points for post, replying, etc than normal forum users.
  • Re-naming the app (on all pages and locations, ie. Cup Points)
  • Global points page with points displayed - I'd like to show current daily and week/month/year top USERGROUPS and underneath top MEMBERS (like the leadboard). I know I can use the sidbar widget too.
  • Get points for buying from Commerce (paying memberships, donations etc).
  • FA Icons, being able to change the icon used or even upload a small image. (At the moment I can see it's a +, but if we could change it to a cup or star using fa)

Questions:
I know you can reset points after a certain time, but can I for instance MASS reset points for everyone on a given date of the year? I'd personally like it if I can go to ACP, hit reset points for; Members, Usergroups manually. (It would reset everything back to 0, along with any logs, so I could start again for another month, year).

Now the big one, I really, really need this to support 4.2 once it's released. The reason I'm posting is to check to make sure this addon isn't dead, or being abandond (as it says in your description). I'm personaly in no rush for this as it may be easier for me to install once 4.2 is out. I'm pushing/aiming for a late August to finalise my site, do you think any update/release would be out by then?

Many thanks for your time!

Edited by Dean_
On 08/05/2017 at 5:59 PM, Dean_ said:

Currently it has almost everything I need but, there just a couple of extra features I'm waiting for, then I can purchase, setup and test.

Possible features:

Noted all of these for future versions.

I know you can reset points after a certain time, but can I for instance MASS reset points for everyone on a given date of the year? I'd personally like it if I can go to ACP, hit reset points for; Members, Usergroups manually. (It would reset everything back to 0, along with any logs, so I could start again for another month, year).

You could select the "Year"  as the time frame and then the day of the year instead. e.g.

yJ2jkop.png

Now the big one, I really, really need this to support 4.2 once it's released. The reason I'm posting is to check to make sure this addon isn't dead, or being abandond (as it says in your description). I'm personaly in no rush for this as it may be easier for me to install once 4.2 is out. I'm pushing/aiming for a late August to finalise my site, do you think any update/release would be out by then?

I plan on upgrading all my apps and plugins for IPB 4.2 once it's released. I can't commit to a time frame until IPB 4.2 is out and I've looked at what's needed to upgrade however.

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, ResPecT My Authoritah said:

Hey is there a store or something u can use with this.. or is this just some points and you cant do nothing with it?

There is no store support with this, only basic points and forum integration. If store support is added, it's most likely to be with the Commerce app.

I'm assuming the answer to my questions is no, however just for the sake of asking:

• Does this integrate with Pages? Such as giving points when posting a new record.
  • Has this been tested on 4.2?
  • What are the future prospects of this app?, it hasn't received an update since last October, still even mentions last year's discount.
Edited by Cyrem
On 6/28/2017 at 9:52 AM, Cyrem said:

Does this integrate with Pages? Such as giving points when posting a new record.

No not currently but logged for a future version.

On 6/28/2017 at 9:52 AM, Cyrem said:
  • Has this been tested on 4.2?
  • What are the future prospects of this app?, it hasn't received an update since last October, still even mentions last year's discount.

I'm working on an update now that both confirms/patches IPB 4.2 support and fixes several more bugs. New features will be added after IPB 4.2 update/checks are out of the way.