Basic Points (Support)

On 1/19/2018 at 10:58 AM, Legion of Honor said:

@Mike John

what am I doing wrong, I want to only be able to add points via the members profile, what am I doing wrong, it wont let me add or edit.

Are you getting some kind of error or just not seeing the feature?

Edit: I think your talking about the acp member form? If so, that's not currently supported but have added a note to add it into the very next version.

Edited by Mike John

@Mike John Ive got it figured out, I needed to upgrade the app to the latest version, previous version was installed.  Now I can see it in the profile. 

Yes, I'd love to see it in the acp and also as a functional app on the menu bar of the  main board.  Just click the points app and bring up names to award points to along with the reason.

Edited by Legion of Honor
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey Mike,

Is there any plan to update this feature to clubs too ?  I moved and split some of my forums into club forums for a better content organization and now points are messed up.

I had to disable the applications cause some of my users ended up having negative points. 
>_< I know I know, clubs are a pain sometimes !!  

15 hours ago, gabs007 said:

Is there any plan to update this feature to clubs too ?  I moved and split some of my forums into club forums for a better content organization and now points are messed up.

As in displaying the club areas or giving different points out depending on when data is posted to which club? Could you clarify a bit more.

In my case, I added points to users posting or replying in specific forums. Forums that provide content, information or value to the Community, like reviews or experiences. So they get extra recognition for that. They don't get recognition for chit chatting. 

For clubs it's the same thing. Some forum sections in the clubs do not provide any useful content at all, so I don't want to reward users for using them.
I would include an option in the forum settings in the ACP for each club forum. So Admins can decide if a particular forum in a club rewards points or not.
Since the Widget is included in the ACP, anyway, this should be something Admins should assign. I think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2018 at 12:40 AM, Mike John said:

I don't have an estimate yet sorry.

Okay i was just wondering is it fully compatible with 4.3. I know u posted earlier this month that there are no issues, but did something change in meantime? Is it safe upgrade?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The Basic Points app is the next to receive new features and improvements. This has been one of the most popular app for suggestions so I won't be able to include everything at once. But I have focused on the most requested features and will build on from there. The first few new features being:

• Redeem points into a manually processed value with custom field support. 
  • Integration with the Commerce application to redeem points into account credit. 
  • Set per forum values for members giving and receiving reactions. 

The new "redeem" feature will allow members to redeem points for manually processed gifts or any cash backs an admin wants to approve manually. As well as integrate with the Commerce application to issue account credit in exchange for member points.

z1UFZHB.png

sRjGEee.png

eHTGVWg.png

fZAszpq.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/11/2018 at 12:36 AM, Mike John said:

The Basic Points app is the next to receive new features and improvements. This has been one of the most popular app for suggestions so I won't be able to include everything at once. But I have focused on the most requested features and will build on from there. The first few new features being:

• Redeem points into a manually processed value with custom field support. 
  • Integration with the Commerce application to redeem points into account credit. 
  • Set per forum values for members giving and receiving reactions. 

The new "redeem" feature will allow members to redeem points for manually processed gifts or any cash backs an admin wants to approve manually. As well as integrate with the Commerce application to issue account credit in exchange for member points.

I have to say after waiting so long for the Commerce integration I'm disappointed to see it come out like this, I don't know if I am the only one but I wanted it to possible for the points to straight out buy items for points, specific items that are listed as points. I have a gaming community and wanted to reward active members with merch or game keys but from points, having it convert in to account credit means that could end up costing me/my community quite a bit if someone just saves their points up.

On 7/21/2018 at 8:17 AM, zenzoidman said:

The new update looks great! I've been testing out the new features, and I noticed that the Points Redeem tab still shows up on users' profile pages, even when redeeming points is disabled. Is there any way to remove that tab?

That's a confirmed bug and will be fixed next release. In the meantime, if you disable redeem through the group permissions it will follow what you set.

On 7/29/2018 at 4:33 PM, LemonZ said:

Can I set permissions to use points? For example, you can only receive points for a specific group.

There's permissions for who can view points but not receive.

On 7/31/2018 at 9:34 PM, Mcardle said:

I have to say after waiting so long for the Commerce integration I'm disappointed to see it come out like this, I don't know if I am the only one but I wanted it to possible for the points to straight out buy items for points, specific items that are listed as points. I have a gaming community and wanted to reward active members with merch or game keys but from points, having it convert in to account credit means that could end up costing me/my community quite a bit if someone just saves their points up. 

I opted to utilize the existing account credit for simplicity sake rather then setting up an entire new payment option that reproduced account credits. It also allowed some moderation if needed for the actual redeeming as well.

Let me know if there are any improvements that could be made to do what you want. You mentioned the risk of members stockpiling points, have you considered using the points reset feature as a means to combat that? That way active members build up points and redeem them before every reset but can't stockpile them. Or some kind of expiration date on new points? Or let me know if there's anything else you can think of to make it better.

On 8/7/2018 at 4:32 AM, Mike John said:

That's a confirmed bug and will be fixed next release. In the meantime, if you disable redeem through the group permissions it will follow what you set.

There's permissions for who can view points but not receive.

I opted to utilize the existing account credit for simplicity sake rather then setting up an entire new payment option that reproduced account credits. It also allowed some moderation if needed for the actual redeeming as well.

Let me know if there are any improvements that could be made to do what you want. You mentioned the risk of members stockpiling points, have you considered using the points reset feature as a means to combat that? That way active members build up points and redeem them before every reset but can't stockpile them. Or some kind of expiration date on new points? Or let me know if there's anything else you can think of to make it better.

Yes I get what you mean Mike, but the way this will work is nothing new, there are other apps that do it this way, I was hoping this will be different, of well back to the drawing board for me lol