Basic Points (Support)

On 5/7/2019 at 7:19 AM, Mike John said:

Could you take a screenshot of the exact area and I'll see if there is a hook point you can switch to there. 

points.PNG.56909c60ac337c81bc8f70e36cf22bd7.PNG

Would to see if it can be moved anywhere to make it look neater? Having options to select, under avatar, or above, or being able to add it in the same format as above info.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2019 at 1:54 AM, Dean_ said:

points.PNG.56909c60ac337c81bc8f70e36cf22bd7.PNG

Would to see if it can be moved anywhere to make it look neater? Having options to select, under avatar, or above, or being able to add it in the same format as above info.

Are we talking about the profile page or post row area in the topics?

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/20/2019 at 11:21 PM, Legion of Honor said:

@Mike John its not even allowing me to turn it off as I dont use this feature.  All 3 major browsers..same thing

@Mike JohnI got it figured out, I apologize for not getting back to you sooner.

Just wanting to clarify, what you got figured out so can mark as a bug or not?

On 5/21/2019 at 1:31 AM, Dean_ said:

Authorpane in the topics

Do you have ftp access? I might be able to give you an edit to change the hook point location now. There's no real way to change it with a setting right now unless I hook into every location and tie that to the setting but I'd probably want to see more interest before adding that.

On 6/10/2019 at 6:05 AM, Mike John said:

Do you have ftp access? I might be able to give you an edit to change the hook point location now. There's no real way to change it with a setting right now unless I hook into every location and tie that to the setting but I'd probably want to see more interest before adding that.

I do, and PM sent.

5 hours ago, Dean_ said:

I think this needs updating as the styling isn't correct for the buttons to award members point anymore. Anyone else? - On both default theme and 3rd party.

Both the latest versions of IPB and the points app? Can you take a screenshot to compare what I'm seeing?

14 hours ago, Mike John said:

First thing to rule out. The file edits I gave you for the points count didn't affect this? Have you made any changes to your points template bits? Specifically basicpoints > front > topics > postButtons.

No this was before that. and no changes to any other template. It's only been like this since upgrading to 4.4.4, I've made a new default theme and it was still the same.

On 6/19/2019 at 12:54 AM, Dean_ said:

No this was before that. and no changes to any other template. It's only been like this since upgrading to 4.4.4, I've made a new default theme and it was still the same.

Can anyone else confirm this for the default theme? Trying on 4.4.4 as well and can not reproduce this.

I will probably need board access to troubleshoot this further.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/11/2019 at 5:18 PM, Dean_ said:

Any updates or is it just me?

not sure if seen this Due to a family and medical emergency, support has been delayed and will be delayed for the next few weeks. I'm sorry for those who have been waiting and will try my hardest to reply to everyone as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, Pete T said:

not sure if seen this Due to a family and medical emergency, support has been delayed and will be delayed for the next few weeks. I'm sorry for those who have been waiting and will try my hardest to reply to everyone as soon as possible.

Didn't see this, but hope all is ok!

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2019 at 2:18 AM, Dean_ said:

Any updates or is it just me?

I should have a patch soon.

On 7/26/2019 at 3:11 AM, annadaa said:

is it possible to manually add categories of points and then assign them manually?

Can you clarifiy this a bit? To make adding a preset list of points to new forums?

On 8/12/2019 at 7:09 AM, annadaa said:

there is a problem of redirection to the profile from the widjet

/profile/2- 7B%%% 7D 3F /

this creates me several problem and and impossibility of access to the profile

Which widget?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I guess there is no news. 

It's so hard to get a reply from people who own points apps.  Kevin Carwile pulled his app after there was a bug detected which was posted on his forum.  Can't get a reply from Mike John - I hear you on family issues but you're replying in other threads.  Looks like TheJackal84 hasn't replied in his Members Shop thread since Sept 21.  Not saying people don't have issues in life and our busy, but geez the points apps... not doing so well.

On 8/25/2019 at 2:47 AM, annadaa said:

in the widget TOP POINTS

Does the username link work outside of the widget? Because I'm not doing anything special with username links in this app.

On 9/30/2019 at 5:16 AM, Bluto said:

I would like to purchase this but not until the issues have been solved.  Any news on an update @Mike John ?  Last post was over a month ago.

Can you let me know which one specifically your looking at? Some recent reports in this topic are not reproducible on my end.

9 hours ago, Mike John said:

Can you let me know which one specifically your looking at? Some recent reports in this topic are not reproducible on my end.

I wasn't looking at anything specific, I was more looking for the "Some recent reports in this topic are not reproducible on my end."  Thanks for replying.

• 2 weeks later...

The Points app has been updated with some bug fixes and new features:

1. Several bug fixes and minor features added.
  2. Member group allowance to give out points automatically to selected member groups.
  3. Mass modify member points tool to add or remove points from selected member groups.
  4. Unlock topic feature to set which forums will require members use points to unlock and view topics.

Album of new features - https://imgur.com/a/pmbxIup

Edited by Mike John