Invision Going Downhill

AshieF73

No you are the drama queen you come here and constantly telling people their opinions are no good, this way is the best etc, this is the second time you have came after my opinions in less than a month being against and talking down my opinion on the direction IPB software needs to revert back to, you are running out of chances wolfie with me, if I need a little puppet following me around talking faeces, I know which dog to kick and get them involved if I need to.

I am sure there are many more people that feel the same way, maybe some have told you, maybe some have not, but you are dealing with one that will tell you and I am telling you now you better back off.

Dude, you have a serious anger management issue and you're trying to let it out on someone that won't put up with it. I'm not someone that will let you push them around, so you need to go find someone else to try to bully. Just because I disagree with your opinions, it doesn't mean I am in the wrong nor that I'm using up my chances with you. You make it sound like you're an authority around here, when you're not. Learn your place, because you're not my boss. Understood? (If it's not understood, then that's another issue you need to resolve with yourself.)

I'm not the only person who has disagreed with you on this and I'm not the only person who believes you are acting out in a rather immature manner. If you don't like what I say, then simply place me on ignore. Getting hostile with me won't scare me into agreeing with you nor will it scare me into being submissive to you. You're barking up the wrong tree if you believe you can bully me.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you have complaints about the profile information block for user posts, why not create a thread suggesting changes to the default template instead of fueling a bunch of pointless drama here?

I've made some mild styling tweaks to my own forum to make it appear more to my liking. If you really hate the way it's styled on your forum, take the time to add some styling yourself. But the way it is not is surely not as bad as you're making it out to be.

It does not need to be "Posts: ####" over "#### posts", your way is not somehow "correct" or more "professional."

That's a matter of personal taste/opinion. I personally like the way posts are displayed now.

Uh, Kirito, stop meaning hateful. There is a reason why this is a support forum.

On the other side of the note. IPS support has never conducted installs or upgrades when the client is ready. If you're not ready for your forum software to be installed or upgraded then do NOT put in a support ticket until you are ready. IPS' schedule for conducting installs and upgrades depends on how many clients are in the cue who have requested an install or upgrade. I don't know if you;re aware of this, but this is the same with every company, even with services such as UPS, Fed-EX, IPS or whatever. If you're next in line to receive service, then you receive the service you requested.

There isn't a set time on when they conduct the service that you request.

Besides, why are you complaining about it? I would rather IPS conduct an install or upgrade carefully and with quality. The majority of us already know that when we put in a request for an upgrade that it could happen at anytime from the moment we place in the support ticket.

But, I think your proper response should be : Thank you, IPS, for conducting the upgrade this soon. Some of us had to wake 7-8 days before we received dour upgrades. Don't Worry, Be Happy. Rejoin and Sing, "I love you guys." :frantics:

Uh, Kirito, stop meaning hateful. There is a reason why this is a support forum.

I'm sorry, but I don't see how I am being hateful.

I'm pointing out all this arguing is over nothing but personal opinion and that some statements here are rather out of line.

If you somehow still think I am being hateful, you're welcome to place me on ignore friend.

I've just cleaned up a bunch of off-topic drama.

Keep in mind that one person's opinion may differ greatly from the next.

Everyone is welcome to contribute their opinions, as long as it is done in a respectful and mature manner.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Dude, you have a serious anger management issue and you're trying to let it out on someone that won't put up with it. I'm not someone that will let you push them around, so you need to go find someone else to try to bully. Just because I disagree with your opinions, it doesn't mean I am in the wrong nor that I'm using up my chances with you. You make it sound like you're an authority around here, when you're not. Learn your place, because you're not my boss. Understood? (If it's not understood, then that's another issue you need to resolve with yourself.)

I'm not the only person who has disagreed with you on this and I'm not the only person who believes you are acting out in a rather immature manner. If you don't like what I say, then simply place me on ignore. Getting hostile with me won't scare me into agreeing with you nor will it scare me into being submissive to you. You're barking up the wrong tree if you believe you can bully me.

Oh I am not trying to bully anyone, I have never tried to bully anyone on a net forum I jut stated my simple opinion, but I am just telling you in simple terms, you better back off of me period.

You are a faeces stirrer and you have stirred the faeces with the wrong person, I am not a key board commando wolfie like you are talking now, so you have been warned nicely.

The profile card from my old software is 100 times more professional looking than what is default now,
There is no comparison from old to new, the old in this image below looks professional:

This is new software and the topic profile card looks like crap:

I do not agree that it looks "100 times more professional," that's just a matter of opinion. I personally don't think the top image looks professional at all. It looks like something you'd see on a generic gaming forum or something of the sort.

While IPB's default layout might have room for improvement, I think it currently looks perfectly professional.

I've made some mild styling changes to it on my forum to make it suite my personal tastes better. You can do the same if you don't like it. It's not really difficult to do, you just have to take the time to learn. Better yet you can take a shot at making a hook.

Not sure why it's refered to as 'profile card', I assume it's what now is called infopane. In the past, avatar-field.

What I really miss in the infopane is last time user was active. It regularly happen at our forum that people answer questions raised in old threads, not realizing the members last activity was a couple of years ago or more...

Another function I miss is the dropdown meny you got when clicking 'edit' at a post, which gave an option between normal and full editor. After 3.x you first have to load the normal editor, then select full. Really annoying, especially for moderators.

What I really miss in the infopane is last time user was active. It regularly happen at our forum that people answer questions raised in old threads, not realizing the members last activity was a couple of years ago or more...

Hover over the members name and it tells you when they were last active, unless they have it set to keep their online activity private.

Another function I miss is the dropdown meny you got when clicking 'edit' at a post, which gave an option between normal and full editor. After 3.x you first have to load the normal editor, then select full. Really annoying, especially for moderators.

Unless I'm mistaken, that was part of 3.0 and even 3.1, but changed in 3.2.

Hover over the members name and it tells you when they were last active, unless they have it set to keep their online activity private.

I know, but the average member does not. It should be readily available.

Anyway, for those who find it useful see this topic which explains how you can modify your 3.x skin.

It would be a better solution if the default skin infopane contained all relevant data and let the customer remove what he wants.

As the referred topic shows, the other way around, leaving it up to the customer to add them, it's not always an easy task.

Unless I'm mistaken, that was part of 3.0 and even 3.1, but changed in 3.2.

Does it really matter... :rolleyes:

Another thing I miss is the "Quick Actions" panel. Especially the "Find/edit member" was useful.

Who defines "relevant"? We feel that the relevant and important data is already in the infopane. :)

Most of us here are somewhat technically inclined, and seeing 100 statistics might sound lovely. The average internet user that is browsing a forum topic they found from google however could care less what the poster's join date or last activity date is, or what their member id is. The nonessential data has been hidden in the infopane, but it is a trivial matter to add these items back in if you feel they are important to your site.

We maybe the forum and license owners, feel differently and the owners should have that option to have that information in the User infopane area.

It was there before, then without consideration or opinions of the owners IPB just chops it out?

I am not a coder and I am very selective installing add-ons and from what authors they are from, but installing hooks to get the forum software back to somewhat original appearance should not have to happen.

The coding where it is such a trivial matter, you give me the coding for adding the user paneinfo back like it use to be I will keep it and fix my own, but again going from the top user infopane photo to the bottom photo with google search being the determining factor was not a wise choice in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong the new functions of the current 3.4.2 software is great and again I will say kudos for that, mod functions to topics and posts are great, speed is much better since you eliminated pics for almost every function you had to do, mixed opinions on the hoover card, the quick actions what Daxter mentioned I do like much better than the hoover card, at least you could actually do something with the quick actions other than send a PM with the hoover card.

Private Message System is the best yet

It just seems like everything is geared more towards the face book, twitter, etc than the original concept of the forums.

I did actually like having the date the user joined in the infopane though. That's actually rather useful information to me.

But I know that's entirely my personal opinion. I may add a hook to add that back in, if there's not one already :tongue:

Years back, this was still all I had on my infopane though:

Still nice and clean!

Oh and one more thing I miss badly, the Trash Can

Yes the mod soft delete is there and it seems to work, but that trash can was part of my forum from Sept 2005 until Feb 2013 and I sure do miss it.

Move all topics you wish to delete to a hidden forum titled "Trash Can".

You can create a multi-mod function to do this in one click.

We have agree to disagree. I have no interest of knowing what member number the person posting is, when he has joined, what group he is in, etc, and if I have to, there is always member card available (hover over username) and the member's profile. What is the point of cluttering up the postbit with duplicate profile information?

I agree. Messy, cluttered and very 2005.

I like the cleanliness and simplicity of IPB. It's modern and sleek.

Yes the mod soft delete is there and it seems to work, but that trash can was part of my forum from Sept 2005 until Feb 2013 and I sure do miss it.

I like the mod center. For me, I severely hated the fact that when something was deleted, there was no easy way to restore it. You had to move it to the right forum yourself and if it was a post, you had to then merge it yourself. The way it is now, the work is handled for you, so all you have to do is check the ModCP to view deleted content and then just restore what needs to be put back.

Archived