Invision Going Downhill

AshieF73

I run a infrastructure design/config derived from years of paranoid thinking :ph34r:

Nothing wrong with paranoid thinking. So long as it's not having a negative impact on your life, where it's more of a problem than a help, then it's a good way to be. Helps you to be safer and put more consideration into things.

The fact that you're planning to try to provide a guide of simple things to do for others to be prepared for certain undesired events shows a positive use of what is sometimes considered to be a negative attribute.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well until this "appropriate solution" is actually implemented it is the responsibility of the board owner or one designated to administer ALL functions of the board including making sure the security patches are in place and working properly.

I agree, so I made a suggestion for an improvement so the software.

You feel free to do things manually, I'll continue suggesting changes that reduce the risks. ;)

I agree, so I made a suggestion for an improvement so the software.

You feel free to do things manually, I'll continue suggesting changes that reduce the risks. ;)

Suggestions are great you will never see me complain.
But for the chronic complainer it makes no difference because they refuse to read anyway.

I have read many of your own suggestions that make perfect sense to a 4th grader but not to these people. Why? They don't bother to read or follow instructions.
Warnings, patches, topics and suggestions apply only to us dummies not to them.

No product is without flaw or in need of tweaking out of the box including VB, Microsoft, Chevrolet and Porsche. This also includes IPS as Lindy has stated earlier.

I deal with a majority of these issues on a daily basis having to do wit IPB and Microsoft and yes I too am getting tired of People who refuse to read a simple warning to apply a patch.
Refuse to take a minute of their time to read up on topics or suggestions that may prevent issues from arising on their own board.
No they would rather get on their high wooden pony and yell about how disgusted they are with a product calling it junk or in this case Support going downhill...
They refuse to accept their own responsibility.

Gee Officer its not my fault I am drunk. It was the bartenders fault for giving me all those drinks.

How is it my fault that family got killed? The ignition switch failed and the gear select was not working correctly to allow me just to drive away.

Its not my fault my site has issues all the time. Brandon never calls me with important updates so its an IPS issue its their junk.

What do you mean my engine is toast and I need a new one? I put oil in it after I heard the knocking... It must be a manufactures defect.

What do you mean I deleted those files? Isn't ips_kernel a side dish? I hate corn....

No, on the contrary suggestions are great... but people need to read them before climbing on their wooden ponies...

No product is without flaw or in need of tweaking out of the box including VB, Microsoft, Chevrolet and Porsche.

I disagree. A "hot now" glazed donut from Krispy Kreme is perfection.

Gee Officer its not my fault I am drunk. It was the bartenders fault for giving me all those drinks.

How is it my fault that family got killed? The ignition switch failed and the gear select was not working correctly to allow me just to drive away.

Its not my fault my site has issues all the time. Brandon never calls me with important updates so its an IPS issue its their junk.

What do you mean my engine is toast and I need a new one? I put oil in it after I heard the knocking... It must be a manufactures defect.

What do you mean I deleted those files? Isn't ips_kernel a side dish? I hate corn....

How's it my fault that the gas station exploded? All I was doing was talking on my cell phone while pumping gas into my car.

Why am I being charged with reckless driving when I wasn't even in an accident? And I know I was doing 100mph in a 25mph zone, but I wasn't going to be driving for an hour.

What's the deal with my insurance premiums going up? It's not my fault the snow caused the accident, I was driving exactly the same as always so blame the snow, not me.

Stupid people.. A necessary evil because without them, we wouldn't have smart people.

How's it my fault that the gas station exploded? All I was doing was talking on my cell phone while pumping gas into my car.

Why am I being charged with reckless driving when I wasn't even in an accident? And I know I was doing 100mph in a 25mph zone, but I wasn't going to be driving for an hour.

What's the deal with my insurance premiums going up? It's not my fault the snow caused the accident, I was driving exactly the same as always so blame the snow, not me.

Stupid people.. A necessary evil because without them, we wouldn't have smart people.

Don't be so harsh with yourself :p ;)

Woodsman, on 15 Feb 2013 - 09:13, said:snapback.png

I beg to differ it because of their perfection I went from 180lbs to 250lbs

Now I am back to 190lbs. still drinking coffee with no Krispy Kreme's

It was easier to quit drinking than driving past the Krispy Kreme store...

I disagree about the original post.

Some of the last few replies have made me laugh, and it is true. Take responsibility for your own community rather than blaming IPS, at the end of the day, patches and updates are released for a reason, if you don't apply the patches then you are to blame, NOT IPS!

I disagree about the original post.

Some of the last few replies have made me laugh, and it is true. Take responsibility for your own community rather than blaming IPS, at the end of the day, patches and updates are released for a reason, if you don't apply the patches then you are to blame, NOT IPS!

But you know Andy the Customer is never at fault or wrong.... NEVER!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

Don't be so harsh with yourself :tongue: ;)

You Folks over in the UK are turning me EVIL!!!!

OR Do I need to blame IPS????

I am so tempted to post this on a few sites.... The problem is they most likely won't see it as a post and think its real...

Then the phone calls start all over again.... >_<

Andy Rixon, on 15 Feb 2013 - 11:50, said:snapback.png

Blame IPS for the site your visiting having an Internal Server Error seems legit, nothing from with US brits I'll have you know.

(My signature has gone screwed up, who do I blame?)

Definitely an IPS Software issue...

I'd start another I Hate IPS Thread

And Maybe if you ask Matt he may help you choose all the perfect words.... LOL!!!!!!!

Definitely an IPS Software issue...

I'd start another I Hate IPS Thread

And Maybe if you ask Matt he may help you choose all the perfect words.... LOL!!!!!!!

This is messed up, my signature has gone all messed up. I really don't know where or who I should contact for a problem on this site. I am not messing here... just look at my signature :o Only wanted to edit one little thing :(

This is messed up, my signature has gone all messed up. I really don't know where or who I should contact for a problem on this site. I am not messing here... just look at my signature :o Only wanted to edit one little thing :sad:

Looks like a spacing issue during your edit.... as in to many

attachicon.gif500_error.png

OR Do I need to blame IPS????

When in doubt, blame IPS...

Did you burn your toast? Blame IPS.

Late for work because the power went out and alarm didn't go off? Blame IPS.

Say a cuss word loudly in church and have everyone look at you with daggers in their eyes? Blame IPS.

By the way, send me that 500 ISE, I want it. :D

But you know Andy the Customer is never at fault or wrong.... NEVER!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

All it takes is for one customer says "customer isn't always right" and suddenly the universe will implode because of a paradox.

Archived