Invision Going Downhill

AshieF73

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the mod center. For me, I severely hated the fact that when something was deleted, there was no easy way to restore it. You had to move it to the right forum yourself and if it was a post, you had to then merge it yourself. The way it is now, the work is handled for you, so all you have to do is check the ModCP to view deleted content and then just restore what needs to be put back.

I agree with that it is much easier to restore anything deleted with a simple click of the restore button.

But I still miss the trash can, it was a small insurance policy that assured one main focus that no one could delete anything off of a forum unless it was the owner who normally was the only one with permissions to it.

I agree with that it is much easier to restore anything deleted with a simple click of the restore button.

But I still miss the trash can, it was a small insurance policy that assured one main focus that no one could delete anything off of a forum unless it was the owner who normally was the only one with permissions to it.

I believe you can still do that with regards to the ModCP. Simple enough.

I like the modcp ok but the mod tools are either messed up in my forum or just a huge pain in the butt now. I can't seem to mass lock topics by selecting them all and then using that hover menu so instead I have to do each one individually. Might be that way for the delete too I can't remember but it's so annoying. I could be doing something wrong... not sure.

I like the modcp ok but the mod tools are either messed up in my forum or just a huge pain in the butt now. I can't seem to mass lock topics by selecting them all and then using that hover menu so instead I have to do each one individually. Might be that way for the delete too I can't remember but it's so annoying. I could be doing something wrong... not sure.

Ditto. Multi-select being presented when viewing the listing but not the modcp is annoying.

And I don't know why the extra options like lock and unlock were removed.... the current status means nothing, apply the effect and be done.

Locking an already locked topic or the reverse from the interface harms nothing, as you(as the dev) only load up the items matching the expected status to work with from the selection(if I have 20 topics selected, and 5 are locked, and i choose to lock, the query to get items to work with or update would limit it to unlocked topics, thus only working with 15 anyway), I see no legitimate reason for why this was removed from the multi-select beyond an easy way out of fixing a bug caused by the flawed idea that these options should be dynamic based upon selection. That simply does not work well with multi-select in listings, one-off it does.

My two penneth.... and by feedback on the application I added check+go to the modcp on and allow check+go lock/unlock pin/unpin in listings, not just mine.

Not one complaint or bug report about them not being dynamic to the selection(which again, is just impossible and flawed to begin with, if I select a locked topic and an unlocked topic, I could never do anything regarding lock status with either with dynamic hide/show of the option because of selection thus making the process slower by far), just internal and posted gratitude for the option presented.

I think that is default mine is the same way, Merge, Delete, Move for mine as well with more than 1 topics selected.

Somebody needs a reality check. :lol: Oh, I say that with affection.

When are people ever going to learn that IPS doesn't have to ask its clients on what features it plans to remove. But, why are people arguing about the "infouserpane"? That's like someone arguing with God as to why the sky is blue. I've always considered the infouserpane to be a rather innocuous thing, something that you ignore 99% of the time. Wyho cares what is or what isn't listed there. Instead of complaining about something so insignificant, if you want to be able to include additional information, then add a new profile field, or enable the feature in some way.

Personally, I think that the infouserpane should be completely removed from that view, and that the space in that field should be used for the "post content" area. I think that's what IPS might be moving toward. Because, as far as I'm concerned, it's wasted space. I would like to see that space used for "advertisers" where, if you enable "topic advertising", that the space would be used for any ads that you wish to display.

Personally, I think that the infouserpane should be completely removed from that view, and that the space in that field should be used for the "post content" area. I think that's what IPS might be moving toward. Because, as far as I'm concerned, it's wasted space. I would like to see that space used for "advertisers" where, if you enable "topic advertising", that the space would be used for any ads that you wish to display.

Some advertisers have a limit on the number of ads that can appear per page. I wonder how it would look if the infopane took up a top left corner (of the post) with the text wrapping around it. Or have the inforpane minimized unless you hover over the bar, then it opens.

My idea is just that, an idea for a better of use of that area. Maybe IPS can set that area for the admin to use for their own benefit. Whether you want to use it as the userinfopane, or whether you want to use it as advertiser space or simply as a mini-image gallery where images from IP.Gallery are displayed from the "post user's" own images.

Archived