Jump to content

Newsletters


HeadStand

Recommended Posts

When creating a table, unless otherwise hard coded into the query to specify InnoDB, it will use the server's default format.  

CREATE TABLE t1 (a INT, b CHAR (20), PRIMARY KEY (a)) ENGINE=InnoDB;

It's not generally a good idea for app developers to be setting the engine as there are reasons a sever is set with a specific default.  I would personally recommend setting your server to just default all new table creations to use InnoDB.  This can be done by editing your /etc/my.cnf file to add:

default-storage-engine=InnoDB 

under your [mysqld] section.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/28/2021 at 5:55 PM, Randy Calvert said:

I would personally recommend setting your server to just default all new table creations to use InnoDB.

I have set InnoDB as default-storage-engine. This app forces MyISAM somehow. See another example where one table is MyISAM while all others are InnoDB.

Edited by Sonya*
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi @HeadStand

I've a newsletter with some "things" of latest 14 days - forums threads, blog entries, Pages database entries, membermap entries...

Sometimes there are no new blog entries or Pages database entries created in the latest 14 days.

How can I make that the part of blog posts or Pages database entries is not shown then? All other parts should be sent anyway.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2022 at 3:45 AM, Claudia999 said:

Hi @HeadStand

I've a newsletter with some "things" of latest 14 days - forums threads, blog entries, Pages database entries, membermap entries...

Sometimes there are no new blog entries or Pages database entries created in the latest 14 days.

How can I make that the part of blog posts or Pages database entries is not shown then? All other parts should be sent anyway.

 

That's supposed to be automatic. If there is no data to display, it shouldn't generate that section. Are you experiencing issues with that?

On 3/16/2022 at 2:12 AM, Daniel F said:

Does this app allow guests to opt-in for newsletters?Sorry if this was answered already, but haven't seen it in the description.

Not at the moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2022 at 4:23 PM, HeadStand said:

That's supposed to be automatic. If there is no data to display, it shouldn't generate that section. Are you experiencing issues with that?

Yes 😞 All sections are sent.

Here's an example with an "empty" section (no entries in last 14 days). So it looks in Newsletter:

49576228_Bildschirmfoto2022-04-12um18_45_31.thumb.png.3f9172353a1f53f770f9889430b434f7.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, I get an error after clicking on Newsletter in Notifications in AdminCP:

image.thumb.png.be6495019387b167577fafd949e1a8bc.png

The error is:

TypeError: in_array(): Argument #2 ($haystack) must be of type array, null given (0)
#0 /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/applications/core/modules/admin/membersettings/notifications.php(185): in_array()
#1 /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\core\modules\admin\membersettings\_notifications->edit()
#2 /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/applications/core/modules/admin/membersettings/notifications.php(38): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\admin\membersettings\_notifications->execute()
#4 /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi,
i bought it but can achieve what i want, i would like to use it as a "Newsletter", not sending automatic data fetch from community but custom text.
I created a content based manual content as i thought it was this option to use to let me integrate simple text : 

04.24.2022-10.57.19

But after creating this i only have a content with title and key, nothing more so how dawn can i add my content ?

Thanks.

Olivier

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/24/2022 at 5:19 AM, Olivier Frascone said:

Hi,
i bought it but can achieve what i want, i would like to use it as a "Newsletter", not sending automatic data fetch from community but custom text.
I created a content based manual content as i thought it was this option to use to let me integrate simple text : 

04.24.2022-10.57.19

But after creating this i only have a content with title and key, nothing more so how dawn can i add my content ?

Thanks.

Olivier

Full documentation is provided on the "Additional Information" tab of the resource (https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8408-newsletters/. There is a full PDF that describes everything here..... Basically you set up the key and then you need to create individual issues before you send them. 

A newsletter is the settings that are used for each issue. If you're using manual content, the only thing you want to reconfigure is the content of the newsletter, you don't want to be required to create another newsletter each time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...