Newsletters

When creating a table, unless otherwise hard coded into the query to specify InnoDB, it will use the server's default format.  

CREATE TABLE t1 (a INT, b CHAR (20), PRIMARY KEY (a)) ENGINE=InnoDB;

It's not generally a good idea for app developers to be setting the engine as there are reasons a sever is set with a specific default.  I would personally recommend setting your server to just default all new table creations to use InnoDB.  This can be done by editing your /etc/my.cnf file to add:

default-storage-engine=InnoDB 

under your [mysqld] section.  

On 9/28/2021 at 5:55 PM, Randy Calvert said:

I would personally recommend setting your server to just default all new table creations to use InnoDB.

I have set InnoDB as default-storage-engine. This app forces MyISAM somehow. See another example where one table is MyISAM while all others are InnoDB.

Edited by Sonya*
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi @HeadStand

I've a newsletter with some "things" of latest 14 days - forums threads, blog entries, Pages database entries, membermap entries...

Sometimes there are no new blog entries or Pages database entries created in the latest 14 days.

How can I make that the part of blog posts or Pages database entries is not shown then? All other parts should be sent anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/14/2022 at 3:45 AM, Claudia999 said:

Hi @HeadStand

I've a newsletter with some "things" of latest 14 days - forums threads, blog entries, Pages database entries, membermap entries...

Sometimes there are no new blog entries or Pages database entries created in the latest 14 days.

How can I make that the part of blog posts or Pages database entries is not shown then? All other parts should be sent anyway.

That's supposed to be automatic. If there is no data to display, it shouldn't generate that section. Are you experiencing issues with that?

On 3/16/2022 at 2:12 AM, Daniel F said:

Does this app allow guests to opt-in for newsletters?Sorry if this was answered already, but haven't seen it in the description.

Not at the moment.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2022 at 4:23 PM, HeadStand said:

That's supposed to be automatic. If there is no data to display, it shouldn't generate that section. Are you experiencing issues with that?

Yes 😞 All sections are sent.

Here's an example with an "empty" section (no entries in last 14 days). So it looks in Newsletter:

49576228_Bildschirmfoto2022-04-12um18_45_31.thumb.png.3f9172353a1f53f770f9889430b434f7.png

Hi, I get an error after clicking on Newsletter in Notifications in AdminCP:

image.thumb.png.be6495019387b167577fafd949e1a8bc.png

The error is:

TypeError: in_array(): Argument #2 ($haystack) must be of type array, null given (0)
#0 /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/applications/core/modules/admin/membersettings/notifications.php(185): in_array()
#1 /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\core\modules\admin\membersettings\_notifications->edit()
#2 /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/applications/core/modules/admin/membersettings/notifications.php(38): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#3 /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\admin\membersettings\_notifications->execute()
#4 /var/www/vhosts/example.com/httpdocs/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#5 {main}

Hi,
i bought it but can achieve what i want, i would like to use it as a "Newsletter", not sending automatic data fetch from community but custom text.
I created a content based manual content as i thought it was this option to use to let me integrate simple text : 

04.24.2022-10.57.19

But after creating this i only have a content with title and key, nothing more so how dawn can i add my content ?

Thanks.

Olivier

On 4/24/2022 at 5:19 AM, Olivier Frascone said:

Hi,
i bought it but can achieve what i want, i would like to use it as a "Newsletter", not sending automatic data fetch from community but custom text.
I created a content based manual content as i thought it was this option to use to let me integrate simple text : 

04.24.2022-10.57.19

But after creating this i only have a content with title and key, nothing more so how dawn can i add my content ?

Thanks.

Olivier

Full documentation is provided on the "Additional Information" tab of the resource (https://invisioncommunity.com/files/file/8408-newsletters/. There is a full PDF that describes everything here..... Basically you set up the key and then you need to create individual issues before you send them. 

A newsletter is the settings that are used for each issue. If you're using manual content, the only thing you want to reconfigure is the content of the newsletter, you don't want to be required to create another newsletter each time.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi @HeadStand, thank you for this wonderful plugin. Working on getting it set up.

I have read through the entire 28 pages of this thread and plan on reading through the previous thread at some point soon but a few items if you don't mind.

Utilizing the *|unsubscribe|* tag, within an email, I get directed to "No Permission" page with a url of, https://www.domain.tld/newsletters/unsubscribe/?key=setofnumbers. This is whether thorough an email or the 'web version'.

Now, If I click the 'Unsubscribe' link from the "Web Version", I am directed to a page that says "unsubscribed from 'title of Newsletter.'" I am taken to a url of,  https://www.domian.tld/newsletters/newsletter number and title/?do=unsubscribe However, it doesn't actually unsubscribe.

One more minor item with regard is that (and I'm not sure it makes any real difference other than non-uniformity), within an email, the *|unsubscribe|* displays as, "Unsubscribe." Whereas within the web version, it displays as, "Unsubscribe here." 

Again, for the *|member_name|*, there seems to be an issue between an email display and the "Web Version" display.  Where as the email displays the actual members name and the Web Version displays, "*|member_name|*." 

Second item here is spacing of different Content Types within the content area. While I certainly have not tested them all, I have come across a number of them that have this condition.

records2_1659981189 does not return a line return break before the first actual record is displayed, nor do the subsequent records. It is all a wall of images and texts with no line return breaks between listed content.

In my set up, the next Content Type would be, topic_1659981276 . There is no line break between this Content Type and the previous Content Type (last record snippet then Topic title). There is also no, I would think there should be a double line, return here(?). There is also no line return break after the "Topic" title and the listing of actual topics returned. However, this Content Type does have line return breaks between listed content. It also has a line return break before the next Content Type.

It goes something like this; the data limit for each is 5:

records Type Content Title
Article Title
Article Snippet
Article Title
Article Snippet
Article Title
Article Snippet
Article Title
Article Snippet
Article Title
Article Snippet
topic Type Content Title
Topic Title
Topic Snippet
<br>
Topic Title
Topic Snippet
<br>
Topic Title
Topic Snippet
<br>
Topic Title
Topic Snippet
<br>
Topic Title
Topic Snippet
<br>

If it could be displayed something  this, I think it would look much better.

records Type Content Title
<br>
Article Title
Article Snippet
<br>
Article Title
Article Snippet
<br>
Article Title
Article Snippet
<br>
Article Title
Article Snippet
<br>
Article Title
Article Snippet
<br>
<br>
topic Type Content Title
<br>
Topic Title
Topic Snippet
<br>
Topic Title
Topic Snippet
<br>
Topic Title
Topic Snippet
<br>
Topic Title
Topic Snippet
<br>
Topic Title
Topic Snippet
<br>
<br>

Of course, the above is only a suggestion, there may be a bit of different formatting that would be more appealing. If you could have a look at all the Content Types and make sure there is uniformity across all, that would be great.

It would seem that <h> html headers are not honored either. This would quite possibly make a difference in the display as well.

I hope the above is somewhat clearer than mud. TYIA for your consideration here.

Edited by My Sharona

I have discovered that, within the "Web Version" only, by adding a second test newsletter, that it opens up the 'unsubscribe' page and gives you a toggle as for which article you want to unsubscribe from and that indeed when there was just one newsletter, you were unsubscribed when you clicked that button in the web version. You still get a "No Permission" page when clicking from an email.

I can live with the above but really could use some help with the spacing aspect of the different "Content Types."

Again, your consideration is appreciated.