Newsletters

5 hours ago, Vegan Gaymer said:

This application keeps getting blamed for issues in login and registration. Invision keeps telling me it is incompatible and to disable it. What should I do?

Are you sure you're running the latest version? I definitely fixed those issues. 

Please PM me with the messages from the system logs, if the issues are still occurring.

• 2 weeks later...

@HeadStand bumping. Any idea why the Newsletters are not running?

On 10/31/2020 at 3:14 PM, SF_Ronin said:

Esther,

I seem to have an issue with the last update. Realized that although the system believes the Newsletter is sent, it never actually goes out. I have tried with PHP, SMTP, and Sendgrid. Any ideas what the issue is? 

• 1 month later...

@HeadStand,

Good afternoon! Hope you are having a safe and relaxing holiday season. 🙂

Our forum admin group got a “Pre-Distribution” version of our daily newsletter this morning. It’s essentially identical to what I might get if I clicked the Preview button.

Is this a new feature? I don’t recall it happening before. I also can’t figure out how to turn it off. Is there a toggle somewhere?

1 minute ago, John T Davis said:

@HeadStand,

Good afternoon! Hope you are having a safe and relaxing holiday season. 🙂

Our forum admin group got a “Pre-Distribution” version of our daily newsletter this morning. It’s essentially identical to what I might get if I clicked the Preview button.

Is this a new feature? I don’t recall it happening before. I also can’t figure out how to turn it off. Is there a toggle somewhere?

That's been in there for a couple of years, actually. I think it even pre-dates IPS version 4! 😂 Should be an option in the notification settings. Let me know if there are any issues with turning that off.

8 minutes ago, HeadStand said:

That's been in there for a couple of years, actually. I think it even pre-dates IPS version 4! 😂 Should be an option in the notification settings. Let me know if there are any issues with turning that off.

Thanks!

In my personal notification settings (not part of the Newsletters admin), I do see an option to be notified by email, but not for the pre-distribution copy.

I’m not finding the notification settings in the Newsletters admin. I’ll go check the manual to figure out where it is. Unfortunately, I fear all my other brain cells except the apparently useless two I’ve been rubbing together may be lost forever.

2 minutes ago, John T Davis said:

Thanks!

In my personal notification settings (not part of the Newsletters admin), I do see an option to be notified by email, but not for the pre-distribution copy.

I’m not finding the notification settings in the Newsletters admin. I’ll go check the manual to figure out where it is. Unfortunately, I fear all my other brain cells except the apparently useless two I’ve been rubbing together may be lost forever.

Let me know if you need further assistance. I'm out and about now, so I can't really check the code, but I can do that later.

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Amy Pond said:

Hello @HeadStand, i bought your great plugin 🙂 

I have a questions: how could I disable the opt-in to native newsletter at the registration moment? 

Thank you 🙂 

I believe when you set up the newsletter there is an option whether to show it on registration or not. I'm not in front of my desk at the moment, but take a look... It should be on that form somewhere. 

On 1/22/2021 at 4:37 PM, HeadStand said:

It's exactly where I said it was.... when you add/edit a newsletter, on the first tab.

Thanks, but my question was another 😅

How can I hide the native "send me news and update" check? 

Because at the moment I have two opt in 😅

image.png.4f64bf179e75f751fa28992b461bdb3a.png

I was interested in this application. I was just wondering whether it has the ability to further filter the content of a newsletter with not only categories but tags. I would love to use my tags to filter out content to be sent in the newsletter. Are tags supported? If not, any intention to add tags support? Thanks a lot 

• 2 weeks later...

The item you are trying to hide isn't part of the application and doesn't really fall within the realms of the support, so a tad unfair to make that comment.

Anyway....

Add this to your custom.css (may or may not work in all browsers - if necessary, there is a plugin method that can be used to hide the field)

li! > span > input[name="reg_admin_mails_checkbox"]{
  display:none;
}

Warning: as you are hiding this field, you should set the following to 'Opt in' so that the hidden field is unchecked by default, and you aren't forcing them to sign up for something without knowing etc etc.

image.thumb.png.354df48bdd076981284bd00599a86294.png

Edited by Nathan Explosion
On 2/19/2021 at 7:09 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

The item you are trying to hide isn't part of the application and doesn't really fall within the realms of the support, so a tad unfair to make that comment.

I disagree: the two elements work in conjunction, so in my opinion certain things should be expected.

On 2/19/2021 at 7:09 PM, Nathan Explosion said:

Add this to your custom.css (may or may not work in all browsers - if necessary, there is a plugin method that can be used to hide the field)

Thank you very much for your help. I really appreciate it. 

19 hours ago, Amy Pond said:

I disagree: the two elements work in conjunction, so in my opinion certain things should be expected.

They don't exactly work in conjunction. If a user does not check the IPS checkbox, they won't get my newsletter either, unless they have explicitly subscribed to it. In other words, if you set up my newsletter and you choose "default groups" who will receive it, only users with the IPS checkbox checked will get the newsletter.

If they specifically subscribe to the newsletter, then they will receive it regardless of the IPS checkbox.

Think of the IPS checkbox as a default and the individual newsletters as an override.

So if ALL your configured newsletters are in your registration form, great! Now... what happens if you create a new newsletter? No one will get it unless they manually subscribe to it.

I would not recommend hiding the checkbox. Instead I would suggest changing the language string so that instead of "send me news and information", it would say something like "send me other information" or... I don't know. I'm not the best with wording. I'm just saying that hiding the checkbox may not be the wisest solution.

On 2/8/2021 at 5:00 AM, OptimusBain said:

I was interested in this application. I was just wondering whether it has the ability to further filter the content of a newsletter with not only categories but tags. I would love to use my tags to filter out content to be sent in the newsletter. Are tags supported? If not, any intention to add tags support? Thanks a lot 

Tags are not supported at this time. I would love to add tags (along with a lot of other things), I just never seem to have the time...

• 4 weeks later...