Newsletters

• 1 month later...

Hi, I would like to select any type of content by tags or a custom activity stream as newsletter content. It would also be sufficient if I could add custom PHP to select content like search results or activity stream, or just a pick results from a custom block like {block="my_tag"}. Is it somehow possible?

Edited by Sonya*
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi, the app breaks post before register functionality. At least in calendar. If guest submits an event and then redirected to sign-in screen then their email is not defaulted and the event is never connected to their fresh created account. Hence it is saved in the database but never appears anywhere. If the app is uninstalled then PBR works as desired and the event is posted by newly registered user. I had to disable the app due to this error.

Still having having a mini issue. When I put a product into the newsletter, only a link (scrambled, at that) appears in the newsletter. There is no image or product description. Is that normal? Is there a setting I'm missing somewhere?

Thanks!!

**EDIT**

Also, just saw that my stats are at zero. I've asked three people and they assure me that they did open and clicked. Thoughts? Thanks.

Screenshot 2020-02-06 07.02.15.png

Edited by Giray
Bump
  • 2 weeks later...

DAILY DIGESTS NOT SENT FOR MONTHS

I had not taken seriously a few reports in my community about not receiving a daily digest and advised them on how to ensure their settings were correct, but now it is months later and I have a huge stack of support tickets reporting that daily digests are not being received. It has been going on for months, apparently. 

I don't know if this is an issue with this application or something wrong with Invision platform, but I thought I would ask here, first.

What can I do to help troubleshoot this? Thanks!

(note: application is up to date)

troy

Edited by Vegan Gaymer

New version uploaded to the marketplace. Changes include:

• Multiple issues with unsubscribe links. Fixed.
  • Post before register was not working correctly. Fixed.
  • Clicks are now tracked as unique vs total clicks.
  • Multiple issues with tracking stats. Fixed.
  • Disabled advertisements were included in the newsletter. Fixed.
On 2/15/2020 at 1:07 PM, Vegan Gaymer said:

DAILY DIGESTS NOT SENT FOR MONTHS

I had not taken seriously a few reports in my community about not receiving a daily digest and advised them on how to ensure their settings were correct, but now it is months later and I have a huge stack of support tickets reporting that daily digests are not being received. It has been going on for months, apparently. 

I don't know if this is an issue with this application or something wrong with Invision platform, but I thought I would ask here, first.

What can I do to help troubleshoot this? Thanks!

(note: application is up to date)

troy

Are you sure this is with regard to this application? Daily digests are part of IPS and the notification settings are related to that. If you have a newsletter configured to send out daily, that would be this application. Please confirm.

There seems to be an issue with the forum topic posts in the latest release

In the topic post all the links now go through the newsletter app rather than directly to the topic url, as in  the url in the topic now contains the below

/?do=click&key=*|unsubscribe_key|*&issue=*|issue_id|*&src=

causing a fail with the below reported...

Error code: EX1366

This error was probably caused by application Newsletters.
If the issue persists, disable it and contact the author for further assistance.

the email newsletter appears to be working ok

On 2/16/2020 at 11:20 PM, HeadStand said:

Are you sure this is with regard to this application? Daily digests are part of IPS and the notification settings are related to that. If you have a newsletter configured to send out daily, that would be this application. Please confirm.

Well, I have the newsletter set up for daily digests and that is what people are reporting no longer comes to them. I'm not sure if it is IPS or the Application. I did get a report that someone suddenly started receiving them again, so I don't know what the issue is.

On 2/19/2020 at 11:22 AM, Vegan Gaymer said:

Well, I have the newsletter set up for daily digests and that is what people are reporting no longer comes to them. I'm not sure if it is IPS or the Application. I did get a report that someone suddenly started receiving them again, so I don't know what the issue is.

I just noticed this! This is in the Newsletter interface... would this be an invision issue or a newsletter setting issue?

707291788_ScreenShot2020-02-20at12_17_19PM.thumb.png.33f9a9d61009ca3b43b56a058fd585bf.png

On 2/17/2020 at 5:59 AM, sound said:

There seems to be an issue with the forum topic posts in the latest release

In the topic post all the links now go through the newsletter app rather than directly to the topic url, as in  the url in the topic now contains the below

/?do=click&key=*|unsubscribe_key|*&issue=*|issue_id|*&src=

causing a fail with the below reported...

Error code: EX1366

This error was probably caused by application Newsletters.
If the issue persists, disable it and contact the author for further assistance.

the email newsletter appears to be working ok

A new version has been pushed to the Marketplace. It contains a fix for this issue.

On 2/21/2020 at 1:12 PM, Vegan Gaymer said:

It's been confirmed that it is not an invision issue. Is there any way we can troubleshoot this? Thanks!

Is there anything in your system logs? Have you tried manually publishing the newsletter to see if any errors come up?

4 hours ago, Vegan Gaymer said:

There are no errors logged. How do I manually publish? 

From the newsletters screen, click the "Manage Content" button from the menu on the right. There should be an option at the top to Publish. Keep in mind that this will distribute the newsletter to all subscribers.

On 2/23/2020 at 11:20 PM, HeadStand said:

From the newsletters screen, click the "Manage Content" button from the menu on the right. There should be an option at the top to Publish. Keep in mind that this will distribute the newsletter to all subscribers.

I got this error when I tried to publish: 

A configuration or server error has occurred

1ANNC/4 This newsletter has a distribution in progress and cannot be published at this time.

But since it has not been distributed since December of 2019, I'm not sure what this means.

11 hours ago, Vegan Gaymer said:

I got this error when I tried to publish: 

But since it has not been distributed since December of 2019, I'm not sure what this means.

That would explain all of it. It means you have an old issue that never finished distributing. Maybe it hit an error or something... impossible to tell 2 months later. In the meantime, from the ACP newsletter list, choose "Back Issues" from the menu on the right. The most recent one is probably still pending. Just choose "Close Issue" from the buttons on the right. That should do it. Then you'll be able to manually re-publish.

On my ever-growing to-do list is to automatically close issues that are stuck for more than X days, but since there's a manual workaround I haven't been in a rush. 🤷‍♀️