Newsletters

Hi @HeadStand. Having difficulty including a manual message in the newsletter. I created a manual entry into the the newsletter (along with recent posts, advertisement, and other content). I then went to Manage Issues and created a new issue with today's date. If I click the preview button on the issue, I see the issue text nicely inserted into the newsletter. However, when I sent out the newsletter today, I received all the content except the manual entry. What am I doing wrong? 😫

Thanks!!

*edit**

I've really really tried and have not really succeeded in including manual content using manage issues. It works fine when I enter content as default content within the newsletter itself, but when I enter content in the issues section, I fail. I've read through your manual but still am unsuccessful. I'm sure it's me, but I can't find what I'm doing wrong.

Edited by Giray
  • 2 weeks later...

Please don't all light me up at once 😰

I've tried to read through the thread to figure out how to insert images into the template. Sorry, it's above my paygrade. In short, does anyone have templates with both code and screenshots to show what those templates look like with images inserted? Happy to buy a couple of nice looking templates. Currently my newsletter comes out standard with the items line by line. I just want to dress them up slightly.

Again, don't shoot!

Thanks!!

PS. And I'm still having trouble figuring out manual content. Working on it...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @HeadStand I'm close to having my newsletters ready for the public which is exciting but I had some q's for you.

1. Is there a way to have a dynamic title? Maybe the first few content items combined or something?
  2. My unsubscribe links are broken and link to "/forums/newsletters/unsubscribe/&key=*%7Cunsubscribe_key%7C*" which gives a page not found error.

Thanks!

Christian

On 8/14/2019 at 10:30 AM, Giray said:

Please don't all light me up at once 😰

I've tried to read through the thread to figure out how to insert images into the template. Sorry, it's above my paygrade. In short, does anyone have templates with both code and screenshots to show what those templates look like with images inserted? Happy to buy a couple of nice looking templates. Currently my newsletter comes out standard with the items line by line. I just want to dress them up slightly.

Again, don't shoot!

Thanks!!

PS. And I'm still having trouble figuring out manual content. Working on it...

Do you mean images from inside a post? This is pretty tricky. I fell back to having the users' avatar image as that is much easier.

1 hour ago, Prank said:

Do you mean images from inside a post? This is pretty tricky. I fell back to having the users' avatar image as that is much easier.

Hi @Prank, yes, that's it. Or at least the option to insert the first image of the post. But that's okay, as we've been using it, it's become evident that it's less mission critical than I thought. The manual content, however, I'm still having difficulty with 😓

• 1 month later...
On 10/22/2019 at 5:48 AM, Janyour said:

Hello, any feature to see newsletters stats pelase ?

Our weekly newsletter is sent every week but we dont know how many people receive it, who click, who open, .. !!

Not at this time. It's something I have wanted to add for a while, but haven't had time to do it properly yet. 

29 minutes ago, HeadStand said:

Not at this time. It's something I have wanted to add for a while, but haven't had time to do it properly yet. 

Please include at least the number of emails sent and recipients, its more then essentiel i think,

i am unique person who request this here!?

we have a community of 100.000 members and we dont want to send 100000 emails !!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, any chance for even some basic stats from newsletters? Our clients wants it, and have nothing for them 😞 It can be really basic, but some stats is standard in these days. Day have perfect stats on facebook etc. and we must to keep them somehow.

On 10/23/2019 at 12:25 PM, Janyour said:

Please include at least the number of emails sent and recipients, its more then essentiel i think,

i am unique person who request this here!?

we have a community of 100.000 members and we dont want to send 100000 emails !!!

You are not the only one! We have 70 000+ users, and feels like our e-mails goes... nowhere. In such big base basic stats like open rate, clicks etc. are necessary. Please, please add it. 

Im not even asking about some charts, historical graphs from every newsletters (it would be great), but only for same basics.

On 10/23/2019 at 4:22 PM, HeadStand said:

That should be in the "Back Issues" screen of the newsletter. It would tell you how many were sent, and you can view the subscribers.

It is, but there is only number. We don't have nothing more like open rate, clicks or nothing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2019 at 9:35 PM, Prank said:

Hi @HeadStand I'm close to having my newsletters ready for the public which is exciting but I had some q's for you.

1. Is there a way to have a dynamic title? Maybe the first few content items combined or something?
  2. My unsubscribe links are broken and link to "/forums/newsletters/unsubscribe/&key=*%7Cunsubscribe_key%7C*" which gives a page not found error.

Thanks!

Christian

@HeadStand, My unsubscribe links do not work as well for some reason. I'm using *|unsubscribe|* but the link it generates goes to page not found. Any ideas what could cause this? The link that it generates is like

https://www.mysite.com/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=redirect&url=https://www.mysite.com/index.php?app=core%26module=system%26controller=redirect%26url=https://www.mysite.com/newsletters/unsubscribe/%2526key=*%25257Cunsubscribe_key%######*%26key=ee##############################################################resource=%26email=1%26type=&key=ecdfd###########################################################resource=&email=1&type=

Any ideas?

9 hours ago, AlexWebsites said:

@HeadStand, My unsubscribe links do not work as well for some reason. I'm using *|unsubscribe|* but the link it generates goes to page not found. Any ideas what could cause this? The link that it generates is like

https://www.mysite.com/index.php?app=core&module=system&controller=redirect&url=https://www.mysite.com/index.php?app=core%26module=system%26controller=redirect%26url=https://www.mysite.com/newsletters/unsubscribe/%2526key=*%25257Cunsubscribe_key%######*%26key=ee##############################################################resource=%26email=1%26type=&key=ecdfd###########################################################resource=&email=1&type=

Any ideas?

Looks like it's picking up the redirector from inside the ACP. How are your tasks being triggered - by user activity or by cron job?

Edit: one more thing - is your newsletter scheduled (daily/weekly/etc) or manual?

Edited by HeadStand
2 hours ago, HeadStand said:

Looks like it's picking up the redirector from inside the ACP. How are your tasks being triggered - by user activity or by cron job?

Edit: one more thing - is your newsletter scheduled (daily/weekly/etc) or manual?

I have a cron job scheduled every minute to run tasks. My newsletter goes out weekly same day.

SELECT * FROM `newsletters_pending_issues` WHERE newsletter_id=4 AND issue_date <= IS NULL ORDER BY issue_date desc
IPS\Db\Exception: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'IS NULL ORDER BY issue_date desc' at line 1 (1064)
#0 /home/nginx/domains/mywebsite.com/public/system/Db/Select.php(373): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\newslette...', Array, true)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/mywebsite.com/public/system/Db/Select.php(436): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /home/nginx/domains/mywebsite.com/public/system/Db/Select.php(355): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 /home/nginx/domains/mywebsite.com/public/applications/newsletters/sources/Issue/Pending.php(168): IPS\Db\_Select->first()
#4 /home/nginx/domains/mywebsite.com/public/applications/newsletters/sources/Newsletter/Newsletter.php(991): IPS\newsletters\Issue\_Pending::getPendingIssue(Object(IPS\newsletters\Newsletter))
#5 /home/nginx/domains/mywebsite.com/public/applications/newsletters/tasks/PublishNewsletters.php(65): IPS\newsletters\_Newsletter->publish()
#6 /home/nginx/domains/mywebsite.com/public/system/Task/Task.php(255): IPS\newsletters\tasks\_PublishNewsletters->execute()
#7 /home/nginx/domains/mywebsite.com/public/applications/core/modules/admin/settings/advanced.php(709): IPS\_Task->run()
#8 /home/nginx/domains/mywebsite.com/public/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->runTask()
#9 /home/nginx/domains/mywebsite.com/public/applications/core/modules/admin/settings/advanced.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#10 /home/nginx/domains/mywebsite.com/public/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->execute()
#11 /home/nginx/domains/mywebsite.com/public/a2nimda/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

Error in Newsletter @HeadStand

13 hours ago, Joel R said:

SELECT * FROM `newsletters_pending_issues` WHERE newsletter_id=4 AND issue_date <= IS NULL ORDER BY issue_date desc
IPS\Db\Exception: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'IS NULL ORDER BY issue_date desc' at line 1 (1064)
#0 /home/nginx/domains/mywebsite.com/public/system/Db/Select.php(373): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\newslette...', Array, true)
#1 /home/nginx/domains/mywebsite.com/public/system/Db/Select.php(436): IPS\Db\_Select->runQuery()
#2 /home/nginx/domains/mywebsite.com/public/system/Db/Select.php(355): IPS\Db\_Select->rewind()
#3 /home/nginx/domains/mywebsite.com/public/applications/newsletters/sources/Issue/Pending.php(168): IPS\Db\_Select->first()
#4 /home/nginx/domains/mywebsite.com/public/applications/newsletters/sources/Newsletter/Newsletter.php(991): IPS\newsletters\Issue\_Pending::getPendingIssue(Object(IPS\newsletters\Newsletter))
#5 /home/nginx/domains/mywebsite.com/public/applications/newsletters/tasks/PublishNewsletters.php(65): IPS\newsletters\_Newsletter->publish()
#6 /home/nginx/domains/mywebsite.com/public/system/Task/Task.php(255): IPS\newsletters\tasks\_PublishNewsletters->execute()
#7 /home/nginx/domains/mywebsite.com/public/applications/core/modules/admin/settings/advanced.php(709): IPS\_Task->run()
#8 /home/nginx/domains/mywebsite.com/public/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->runTask()
#9 /home/nginx/domains/mywebsite.com/public/applications/core/modules/admin/settings/advanced.php(34): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#10 /home/nginx/domains/mywebsite.com/public/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\core\modules\admin\settings\_advanced->execute()
#11 /home/nginx/domains/mywebsite.com/public/a2nimda/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#12 {main}

Error in Newsletter @HeadStand

This was fixed in the patch I just pushed the other day....