Community

HeadStand

Newsletters

Posted (edited)

Hi @HeadStand. Having difficulty including a manual message in the newsletter. I created a manual entry into the the newsletter (along with recent posts, advertisement, and other content). I then went to Manage Issues and created a new issue with today's date. If I click the preview button on the issue, I see the issue text nicely inserted into the newsletter. However, when I sent out the newsletter today, I received all the content except the manual entry. What am I doing wrong? 😫

Thanks!!

*edit**

I've really really tried and have not really succeeded in including manual content using manage issues. It works fine when I enter content as default content within the newsletter itself, but when I enter content in the issues section, I fail. I've read through your manual but still am unsuccessful. I'm sure it's me, but I can't find what I'm doing wrong.

Edited by Giray

Please don't all light me up at once 😰

I've tried to read through the thread to figure out how to insert images into the template. Sorry, it's above my paygrade. In short, does anyone have templates with both code and screenshots to show what those templates look like with images inserted? Happy to buy a couple of nice looking templates. Currently my newsletter comes out standard with the items line by line. I just want to dress them up slightly.

Again, don't shoot!

Thanks!!

PS. And I'm still having trouble figuring out manual content. Working on it...

Hi @HeadStand I'm close to having my newsletters ready for the public which is exciting but I had some q's for you.

1. Is there a way to have a dynamic title? Maybe the first few content items combined or something?
  2. My unsubscribe links are broken and link to "/forums/newsletters/unsubscribe/&key=*%7Cunsubscribe_key%7C*" which gives a page not found error.

Thanks!

Christian

On 8/14/2019 at 10:30 AM, Giray said:

Please don't all light me up at once 😰

I've tried to read through the thread to figure out how to insert images into the template. Sorry, it's above my paygrade. In short, does anyone have templates with both code and screenshots to show what those templates look like with images inserted? Happy to buy a couple of nice looking templates. Currently my newsletter comes out standard with the items line by line. I just want to dress them up slightly.

Again, don't shoot!

Thanks!!

PS. And I'm still having trouble figuring out manual content. Working on it...

Do you mean images from inside a post? This is pretty tricky. I fell back to having the users' avatar image as that is much easier.

1 hour ago, Prank said:

Do you mean images from inside a post? This is pretty tricky. I fell back to having the users' avatar image as that is much easier.

Hi @Prank, yes, that's it. Or at least the option to insert the first image of the post. But that's okay, as we've been using it, it's become evident that it's less mission critical than I thought. The manual content, however, I'm still having difficulty with 😓