Classifieds System

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, 

We have a forum about cars and my colleague already created for classifieds a main "cars" category and a lot of subcategories by brand.

Now we forgot to add extra fields. My question is "is there a way to assign the extra fields to all those subcategories or do we have to enter each subcategory and add the extra fields what could be a huge work ?"

I thought I would have find in the main "cars" category a way to apply to all subcategories the same filter i would create.
Hope there is a solution... thanks !

44 minutes ago, Fulvio Di Stefano said:

Hi, 

We have a forum about cars and my colleague already created for classifieds a main "cars" category and a lot of subcategories by brand.

Now we forgot to add extra fields. My question is "is there a way to assign the extra fields to all those subcategories or do we have to enter each subcategory and add the extra fields what could be a huge work ?"

I thought I would have find in the main "cars" category a way to apply to all subcategories the same filter i would create.
Hope there is a solution... thanks !

There is no way to do this from the app.It can only be done by acting directly on the database.

18 hours ago, Durango said:

Hi @InvisionHQ

Any news about this feature ?

i am ready to pay you for this

Let me know (i saw some other members interested too on this feed)

Thank you

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to do it without redoing the app from scratch.... I'll update you.

1 hour ago, InvisionHQ said:

There is no way to do this from the app.It can only be done by acting directly on the database.

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to do it without redoing the app from scratch.... I'll update you.

Ohhh thanks a lot !!!
Would be awesome !

Can I ask you 2 other questions:

1)  i'm looking for a database of cars (brand+model+version), but its difficult to find. If i find it, do you think that it could be attached to your system, adding probably directly into the database ?

2) we want to offer the classifieds for users, but for resellers we want them to have the shop enabled. What is your advice to manage that two types of clients and give to resellers access to the package with the shop? 

Thanks a lot!!

Edited by Fulvio Di Stefano
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/25/2021 at 9:53 AM, InvisionHQ said:

Hi, we plan to go live this month, do you think you find a solution ? 
I also added 2 questions, thanks a lot !

1)  i'm looking for a database of cars (brand+model+version), but its difficult to find. If i find it, do you think that it could be attached to your system, adding probably directly into the database ?

The app does not provide a database import functionality. This can be done by creating a special script, but it is something that must be defined and quoted as "custom work".

2) we want to offer the classifieds for users, but for resellers we want them to have the shop enabled. What is your advice to manage that two types of clients and give to resellers access to the package with the shop? 

You can choose the user group from membershop from the settings.

On 10/25/2021 at 9:53 AM, InvisionHQ said:

I just noticed that in fact you answered to Durango
How to do that in the database ? Let me know even if I have to pay you
Thanks

11 hours ago, InvisionHQ said:

The app does not provide a database import functionality. This can be done by creating a special script, but it is something that must be defined and quoted as "custom work".

You can choose the user group from membershop from the settings.

ok i'll let you know, actually we are looking for a car database but they are all very expensive

thanks a lot

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/19/2021 at 11:16 AM, InvisionHQ said:

Filter ads by "price range" ex: show all ads from 5$ to 100$

Even though price ranges can be created, what is the point of a default filter for ads WITHOUT price?
The opposite is useful to a prospective buyer. Ads WITH prices only, isn't it?

On another note, don't you think that in the item info,Time Left    7 days and 12 hours - January 13, 2022 is an overkill? 

Either of the 2, e.g. time left or the expiring date is sufficient info.
It clogs the interface unnecessarily and distracts the eye from more important info, I think. 

I also think that an option in the settings to enable Quantity by Group (e.g. to those with member stores) would also help clear the clatter in the item description area. Individuals selling used items offer 1 item. Not 2 or many of the same. Only stores do that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...