Classifieds System

Hey again. Few questions @InvisionHQ

1.) Does a member have to choose a package? When I de-select the item in the ACP, when creating a new advert I see: 

You cannot create adverts in this category: missing PACKAGE INFO, TYPE or ITEM CONDITION. If you have already created them, edit your category and choose which ones the category will use. Contact the system administrator.

If yes, all good. One of the packages I'd like to say "I do not want to feature my item." But the Duration has to be at least 1 day. Can it be 0 days? What's the best way to go about this? 

Screen Shot 2021-05-06 at 7.57.45 PM.png

2.) When creating a new Advert, I see a blue info bar at the top of the page. Not sure why heh

Screen-Shot-2021-05-06-at-4-37-12-PM.png

Any help would be awesome! 

Edited by breatheheavy
On 5/7/2021 at 4:59 AM, breatheheavy said:

Does a member have to choose a package? When I de-select the item in the ACP, when creating a new advert I see: 

Yes, select a package is mandatory.

But the Duration has to be at least 1 day. Can it be 0 days? What's the best way to go about this? 

You can't do that at the moment. Usually you set a very high value, like 365 days.

If you want you can try to suggest a new feature here:

https://github.com/netwaretcs/Classifieds/issues

When creating a new Advert, I see a blue info bar at the top of the page. Not sure why heh

It seems a theme issue, can you confirm the same glitch with the default theme?

On 5/13/2021 at 12:20 AM, InvisionHQ said:

It seems a theme issue, can you confirm the same glitch with the default theme?

Thanks for the other answers above.

This blue bar still appears even in default. 😅

Edit: I figured it out. It was displaying because 'Displays guidelines in this category?' was checked, but there wasn't any information in it. All good!

Edited by breatheheavy

I've just realised that adverts on my site are not expiring as supposed to happen according to the package's settings.

For example, this package is set up this way:

81704686_ScreenShot2021-05-16at9_06_11pm.png.782b48299cb6348637a93693ce587e58.png

711564486_ScreenShot2021-05-16at9_06_25pm.png.ff431c81f1d391cf91df6abb14042f8a.png

However, when you look at the Commerce part of it, this is what it looks like for any ads:

Screen-Shot-2021-05-16-at-9_08.jpg.c4eedfa07d65e84c770d349dcaad5d67.jpg

This problem started recently with my upgrade to IPS 4.5 and the latest Classified version. It was working fine on 4.4.

No expiry date, no renewal price.

Classifieds 2.2.2 for IPB 4.5.x is pending approval in the marketplace with these fixes:

(FIXED) Missing background in MyRenewals, Offers and wishlist

(FIXED) Little issue with uploaded photos (first thumb is the same of primary image)

(FIXED) Bug with buttons in store header

(FIXED) Price Text color not respect theme setting

(FIXED) Bug with my BIDS, offer is always 0

(FIXED) Adding Custom Category Icons: Default icons blue circle remains after adding custom icon

(FIXED) Contact Advertiser on pending ad

(FIXED) Typo in menu manager 

(FIXED) ACP Notification setting error

(FIXED) Activities Widget

//MORE INFO on GITHUB

This is not a 4.6 release.

Edited by InvisionHQ

Hi all! Wondering... would anyone who's launched their own Classifieds be willing to give my setup a look.

I believe I've set everything up for the most part, but before I go live I'd love to have another set of eyes on this! I'd hate to launch it and then something isn't working or something pops up that I didn't anticipate. 

I'm a little confused about the 'withdrawals' part (which I believe is Commerce-related, not Classifieds, but I'd still love to have some collaborators take a peek at my setup). 

https://exhale.breatheheavy.com/classifieds/

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

4 hours ago, Jordan Invision said:

Hi all! Wondering... would anyone who's launched their own Classifieds be willing to give my setup a look.

I believe I've set everything up for the most part, but before I go live I'd love to have another set of eyes on this! I'd hate to launch it and then something isn't working or something pops up that I didn't anticipate. 

I'm a little confused about the 'withdrawals' part (which I believe is Commerce-related, not Classifieds, but I'd still love to have some collaborators take a peek at my setup). 

https://exhale.breatheheavy.com/classifieds/

Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

You can't foresee everything that will arise in any case, so run it as it is. 

Most of the bugs have been fixed with the last update, so nothing should interfere with the use of the functionality for your community.

4 hours ago, numis said:

You can't foresee everything that will arise in any case, so run it as it is. 

Most of the bugs have been fixed with the last update, so nothing should interfere with the use of the functionality for your community.

Appreciate the push in the right direction! 

I feel you. Would be cool to just go for it, but I'd really love another set of eyes. 😇 Two heads are better than one 😅

I'm mostly just wanting to make sure the checkout experience, (and withdrawal settings in the ACP) are good to go. 🙏 

Hi team, has anyone had any issues getting approved by PayPal for the Payouts feature? I've been denied twice - they claim my account is too risky, though I've never had any issues with PayPal. I've been using PayPal for 10+ years. 

When I called PayPal, they said my marketplace would need to make more than $500,000 per year to be approved. This can't be right, right? 

1 hour ago, Jordan Invision said:

Hi team, has anyone had any issues getting approved by PayPal for the Payouts feature? I've been denied twice - they claim my account is too risky, though I've never had any issues with PayPal. I've been using PayPal for 10+ years. 

When I called PayPal, they said my marketplace would need to make more than $500,000 per year to be approved. This can't be right, right? 

Well that is worrying. I am going through the same process. They asked me about approximate values of of transactions that would be made but they stated "There is no wrong answer" My values were massively approximate as I do not know what what values would be transacted on my forum lol. Im hoping to be approved. I will be annoyed if not as it makes this classifieds useless.

3 hours ago, Adriano Faria said:

It seems clear that it is a PayPal policy. Just use another payment processor, like Stripe, etc.

Hey there.

Wondering... if PayPal's Payouts isn't available, is it still possible for members to sell items to other members in the community and earn money? 

Paypal says they are not going to approve my application to enable Payouts, though they won't clarify why. 😢 

Paypal says: 

The service you offer is not accepted through PayPal payouts.

Not quite sure what to do at this point. 

On 5/27/2021 at 11:51 PM, InvisionHQ said:

I have honestly never tried Stripe with Classifieds. But in theory, since we use Commerce for transactions, it should work. You have to try it.

After literally days going back and forth with PayPal, they finally told me in order for Payouts to be enabled, they want to see my Classifieds store in action making sales.

My question is: is it possible to use this Classifieds app without Payouts turned on? Can people still buy and sell using PayPal and Stripe?

It's a little confusing to me cause it's hard to test the transactions process 😬

Any insight from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

On 5/28/2021 at 7:51 AM, InvisionHQ said:

I have honestly never tried Stripe with Classifieds. But in theory, since we use Commerce for transactions, it should work. You have to try it.

Fingers crossed that will work, I see no reason why not. However I really hope it does as if Paypal decides to hamstring people, then Stripe really is the only way.

9 hours ago, Jordan Invision said:

After literally days going back and forth with PayPal, they finally told me in order for Payouts to be enabled, they want to see my Classifieds store in action making sales.

My question is: is it possible to use this Classifieds app without Payouts turned on? Can people still buy and sell using PayPal and Stripe?

It's a little confusing to me cause it's hard to test the transactions process 😬

Any insight from anyone would be greatly appreciated!

I have paypal setup but not payout. Was not even aware of this option, until you brought it up. I do have Stripe integration and cash options for offline transactions. Since my community has no participation, I have not been able to really see a transaction go through yet. I will be testing this soon, since I just upgraded. I am heavy into Classifieds, so if you need an opinion about something feel free to PM me. Here is my classified site. https://bazaar.carhauler.life/classifieds/

6 hours ago, panzerscope said:

Just as an update, my PayPal mass payments API was approved fortunately, did not have to satisfy any crazy transactional requirements.

Congrats!! Jealousssss. Is your store up and running already? They told me they wanted to see mine in action before they'd approve me. I'd love to see your Classifieds page! Down to PM me a link? 👼 

On 2/28/2021 at 12:35 PM, Durango said:

if in the meantime you could add "Parent category show also subcategory adverts" option would be great 🙂

Hi @InvisionHQ

hope you're fine !

thanks for the bug fixes, works fine

If you could add on next update the option "Parent category show also subcategory adverts" that would be great 🙂

Thank you !