Classifieds System

• 3 weeks later...

First I wanted to thank you @InvisionHQ for such a great, well rounded, solid application.

Curious if you plan on making it possible for users to filter advertisements by State or within so many miles.  Since the website attracts users from all over the world, it would be great to limit what they see based on location.  Feels like you are so close since we can add location for the products but I don't see anything really using that besides the map (which I like by the way) just want to make it easier for users to find products near them.

Thanks for your continued support

3 minutes ago, Giray said:

Not sure if I'm the only one, but getting a white screen of death with the current version of Classifieds (on 4.7.3). Only two of my apps are still doing it and Classifieds System, I believe, is indeed one of them.

Thoughts?

it's the same here

The author of the application has not been online here for 15 days. Тhis app will not have new versions soon

same here, my entire forum has gone replaced with this message. It happened when I did a forum software update today. I'm pretty sure this happened before and I was able to get rid of it by disabling classifieds, but now the forum has gone I can't get into the admin control to disable it again. Anyone know how I can access my admin panel with the forum gone to switch classified off?       

Fatal error: Declaration of IPS\classifieds\_Advert::getItemsWithPermission($where = [], $order = null, $limit = 10, $permissionKey = 'read', $includeHiddenItems = IPS\Content\Hideable::FILTER_AUTOMATIC, $queryFlags = 0, ?IPS\Member $member = null, $joinContainer = false, $joinComments = false, $joinReviews = false, $countOnly = false, $joins = null, $skipPermission = false, $joinTags = true, $joinAuthor = true, $joinLastCommenter = true, $showMovedLinks = false) must be compatible with IPS\Content\_Item::getItemsWithPermission($where = [], $order = null, $limit = 10, $permissionKey = 'read', $includeHiddenItems = IPS\Content\Hideable::FILTER_AUTOMATIC, $queryFlags = 0, ?IPS\Member $member = null, $joinContainer = false, $joinComments = false, $joinReviews = false, $countOnly = false, $joins = null, $skipPermission = false, $joinTags = true, $joinAuthor = true, $joinLastCommenter = true, $showMovedLinks = false, $location = null) in /home/treasure/public_html/forums/applications/classifieds/sources/Advert/Advert.php on line 605

1 minute ago, kenneth andrew said:

same here, my entire forum has gone replaced with this message. It happened when I did a forum software update today. I'm pretty sure this happened before and I was able to get rid of it by disabling classifieds, but now the forum has gone I can't get into the admin control to disable it again. Anyone know how I can access my admin panel with the forum gone to switch classified off?       

Fatal error: Declaration of IPS\classifieds\_Advert::getItemsWithPermission($where = [], $order = null, $limit = 10, $permissionKey = 'read', $includeHiddenItems = IPS\Content\Hideable::FILTER_AUTOMATIC, $queryFlags = 0, ?IPS\Member $member = null, $joinContainer = false, $joinComments = false, $joinReviews = false, $countOnly = false, $joins = null, $skipPermission = false, $joinTags = true, $joinAuthor = true, $joinLastCommenter = true, $showMovedLinks = false) must be compatible with IPS\Content\_Item::getItemsWithPermission($where = [], $order = null, $limit = 10, $permissionKey = 'read', $includeHiddenItems = IPS\Content\Hideable::FILTER_AUTOMATIC, $queryFlags = 0, ?IPS\Member $member = null, $joinContainer = false, $joinComments = false, $joinReviews = false, $countOnly = false, $joins = null, $skipPermission = false, $joinTags = true, $joinAuthor = true, $joinLastCommenter = true, $showMovedLinks = false, $location = null) in /home/treasure/public_html/forums/applications/classifieds/sources/Advert/Advert.php on line 605

Could try removing the classifieds directory on the server. 

How to manually patch it yourself - at your own risk...

Assumptions made:

1. You are self-hosted
  2. You know how to use FTP
  3. You know how to edit a PHP file
  4. The only file involved here is /applications/classifieds/sources/Advert/Advert.php 

Steps:

• Download that file to your PC
  • Open it in an editor (Windows -> Notepad will do)
  • Find the line that has public static function getItemsWithPermission( in it
  • Add ,$location = NULL inside the closing bracket - immediately after $showMovedLinks=FALSE
  • Save the file, upload back to server

If it doesn't work, then disable the app and wait for the developer to get to it.

Edited by Nathan Explosion

Shoot, now I’m getting another error with php 8.1 and ips 4.7.3. 

Template classifieds/front/view/view is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Edited by Chris027

I have no clue if this can help anyone, help me, but here is what I think I see in the logs.

Error - ...applications/classifieds/modules/front/classifieds/view.php(192): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call()...

line 192 ...

\IPS\Output::i()->output = \IPS\Theme::i()->getTemplate( 'view' )->view( $this->advert, $commentsAndReviews, $this->advert->nextItem(), $this->advert->prevItem(), $cfields, $otherAdverts, $otherCatAdverts );

Error - ...applications/classifieds/modules/front/classifieds/view.php(59): IPS\Content\_Controller->execute()...

line 59

parent::execute();

His profile shows that @InvisionHQ has not visited the IPS board since September 24. I am just so tired of having to beg devs to do the work we paid for as customers. Classifieds is not a feature application, it is a monetizing application whose non-functioning hurts us all. Here’s hoping……. 🙄 @InvisionHQ maybe you can sell or cede the application to a dev who has more time on their hands? Just a thought.

1 hour ago, InvisionHQ said:

I've upload now in the marketplace Classifieds v2.3.5 with the fix for 
Fatal error: Declaration of IPS\classifieds\_Advert::getItemsWithPermission

No issue identified with php8.

Could contain: Text, Business Card, Paper

I’m guessing this won’t address the issue I posted above. Bummer. 
Even when using the stock IPS theme I see the issue.  
Any clues how I can troubleshoot it to figure it out?