Forms Support

On 3/6/2019 at 8:08 AM, Michael R said:

I am using this for a contact form. I would like to eliminate as many format buttons as possible -- including attachments.

Do you have another editor where you've disabled most editor buttons? It might be technically possible to set the contact editor to use another editor area. Or alternatively does this need to be only for 1 form or can it be for all forms you've setup?

On 3/9/2019 at 3:28 AM, Fabio Maiorana said:

Same error after updating to the latest version...

I can't not reproduce this with a fresh install. Can you either PM me acp login details or a screenshot of your exact field setup so I can try to reproduce this?

On 3/10/2019 at 9:30 AM, LDDG said:

Can anyone confirm that the Forums app is NOT needed in order to be able to use this? I only use the core IPS with Pages.

This was a recent bug fix. Any areas that relate to new topics are wrapped with a check if the forums app is present or not.

On 3/11/2019 at 8:19 PM, Mike John said:

Do you have another editor where you've disabled most editor buttons? It might be technically possible to set the contact editor to use another editor area. Or alternatively does this need to be only for 1 form or can it be for all forms you've setup?

I would only want to remove the buttons for the one form. I like to be able to use the form for contact and allow the user to select a category (i.e.; support, advertising opportunities, etc.)

But I also use Forms to create specialized forms for various contests on the site.

On 2/25/2019 at 3:09 AM, Mike John said:

Do you have anything set for this field?

SSA6H4I.png

And just to confirm the form "submit wait time" setting also says "use group permissions"?

Sorry for this late reply, I had to fix several other problems as well, also I wanted to upgrade everything before I proceeded.

Do you have anything set for this field?

No, I have "Confirm Email" set to "No confirmation email." What should the setting be?

And just to confirm the form "submit wait time" setting also says "use group permissions"?

Yes. The setting is "use group permissions."

When the e-mail, created by the form, arrives and I click the button to reply to it, nothing appears in the recipient address field. I also notice the body of the e-mail that has been created by the form looks like this:

Name: Guest

Email:

Form: Contact Turkey Central

Your Name: GuestEmail Address: paypalken@turkeycentral.comContact
        test message

Strangely there are gaps between each field, but the text of my test e-mail address and the title of the next field (Contact Message:) are running together with no space. For "Email" there is nothing, and "GuestEmail Address:" and the e-mail used to submit the form has been inserted into the "Your Name:" field. Could that indicate the problem?

On 3/15/2019 at 12:53 PM, Michael R said:

I would only want to remove the buttons for the one form. I like to be able to use the form for contact and allow the user to select a category (i.e.; support, advertising opportunities, etc.)

If you edit your editor buttons and select for it to appear in all locations except for the Form extensions. (I've noted the missing lang string to fix in the next update.)

5MuBuph.png

That will hide the buttons from appearing in all Forms.

On 3/16/2019 at 3:29 AM, BraCa said:

Is it normal, that when a guest submits a form, the form author becames my own user?

As in a registered user after submitting? Can you clarify please.

On 3/19/2019 at 1:06 AM, Bendensin said:

No, I have "Confirm Email" set to "No confirmation email." What should the setting be?

Ideally an email type field you've setup for that form.

On 3/19/2019 at 1:06 AM, Bendensin said:

Strangely there are gaps between each field, but the text of my test e-mail address and the title of the next field (Contact Message:) are running together with no space. For "Email" there is nothing, and "GuestEmail Address:" and the e-mail used to submit the form has been inserted into the "Your Name:" field. Could that indicate the problem?

What quick tags are you using in the email template? Individual custom fields or the one that lists all custom fields in a form?

On 3/20/2019 at 11:36 AM, Wolf said:

Non-image attachments are broken and don't upload properly. I need members to be able to upload PDFs and documents to forms.

Do you have ftp access to your ipb files? If so, I may have a patch for you to apply and test out.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I am running Forms v1.3.2 & I am looking for a way to create a topic with a default tag & prefix.   I see that we can add tags and prefixes, but I don't see how I can set a default or make them required?  Searching through this thread, I saw this , but it doesn't seem to be what I'm looking for.   

Is there a way to create a form that will set a tag and prefix upon creation of the topic?  

Hopefully my question makes sense & thanks in advance!

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2019 at 7:30 AM, JimBurnett said:

Is there a way to create a form that will set a tag and prefix upon creation of the topic?  

There is a sync between the new form submission and topic. So tags and prefixes set by a member when submitting a form should be setting the exact same ones in the topic. I assume that's what your referring to?

I have a form which sends a form mail to a member of my community. The member has a Gmail address where the form mails are being sent.

He recently reported that all form mails stopped coming in a few weeks ago. I looked into it and did some testing (in every way I could think of) and found that my forms system, for some reason, won't send a form mail to a Gmail address.

I can send an e-mail successfully using my webmail system on my server, so the server's e-mail system is working properly.

And, I can send a form mail to an e-mail address which is NOT a Gmail address. So the form system is sending e-mails. But when I use my own Gmail address for testing, or his Gmail address. no form mail is ever received. I have also checked the "blocked" settings on Gmail, on my test Gmail address. and no e-mail addresses are blocked. Nothing is going into the spam or trash folders.

This is a total mystery to me why neither G-mail account is able to receive form mails.

Why would Forms not work with a Gmail address for the recipient of the form mails?

I use this as an application form to collect critical information and keep it on file. This includes images.

Recently images are not loading. I just see a little 1 px spacer.  I think this might have to do with lazy load being enabled but I am not sure.

Not having this effects my business. Can you help?

Thank you 🙂

spacer image.JPG

spacer2.JPG

I created a first form and was editing a field and gt an error

UPDATE `form_fields` form_fields  SET `field_options`='["CPT","IIT","CLAT","please select"]',`field_value`='please select',`field_toggles[]`=NULL,`field_toggles`='[[]]',`field_multiple`=false,`field_required`=false WHERE field_id=87 
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'field_toggles[]' in 'field list' (1054)
#0 /var/www/html/q286108/system/Db/Db.php(1150): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\Node\\_Mod...', Array)
#1 /var/www/html/q286108/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(520): IPS\_Db->update('`form_fields` f...', '`field_options`...', 'WHERE field_id=...')
#2 /var/www/html/q286108/system/Node/Model.php(2247): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /var/www/html/q286108/system/Node/Model.php(3072): IPS\Node\_Model->save()
#4 /var/www/html/q286108/system/Node/Controller.php(413): IPS\Node\_Model->saveForm(Array)
#5 /var/www/html/q286108/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\Node\_Controller->form()
#6 /var/www/html/q286108/system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /var/www/html/q286108/applications/form/modules/admin/form/forms.php(38): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#8 /var/www/html/q286108/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(152): IPS\form\modules\admin\form\_forms->execute()
#9 /var/www/html/q286108/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

On 1/30/2019 at 5:26 PM, Fabio Maiorana said:

Hi @Mike John!

I've this problem in version 1.3.0:

UPDATE `form_fields` form_fields  SET `field_options`='["","VENDO","COMPRO"]',`field_toggles_on`='',`field_toggles_off`='',`field_toggles[]`=NULL,`field_toggles`='{"0":[],"VENDO":[],"COMPRO":[],"SCAMBIO":[]}',`field_multiple`=false,`field_required`=true WHERE field_id=6 
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'field_toggles[]' in 'field list' (1054)
#0 /home/xxx/public_html/forum/system/Db/Db.php(990): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('UPDATE `form_fi...', Array)
#1 /home/xxx/public_html/forum/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(492): IPS\_Db->update('form_fields', Array, Array)
#2 /home/xxx/public_html/forum/system/Node/Model.php(2219): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /home/xxx/public_html/forum/system/Node/Model.php(3002): IPS\Node\_Model->save()
#4 /home/xxx/public_html/forum/system/Node/Controller.php(413): IPS\Node\_Model->saveForm(Array)
#5 /home/xxx/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\Node\_Controller->form()
#6 /home/xxx/public_html/forum/system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/xxx/public_html/forum/applications/form/modules/admin/form/forms.php(38): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#8 /home/xxx/public_html/forum/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\form\modules\admin\form\_forms->execute()
#9 /home/xxx/public_html/forum/xxx/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#10 {main}

How I can fix it? I've only deleted one option from a select box...

Thanks
Fabio

how did you resolved this ?

On 5/3/2019 at 1:39 PM, SJ77 said:

I use this as an application form to collect critical information and keep it on file. This includes images.

Recently images are not loading. I just see a little 1 px spacer.  I think this might have to do with lazy load being enabled but I am not sure.

Not having this effects my business. Can you help?

Thank you 🙂

spacer image.JPG

spacer2.JPG

All of a sudden mine is working again, so I guess disregard. Thank you 🙂 *shrug*

Disregard my previous post as well. It turns out that I had a word or words in the e-mail title, or body, which caused G-mail to block the incoming form mail completely. Not just send it to the user's spam box, but completely ban it! The offending word appears to have been "insurance." When I created a form without this keyword, the form mails went through just fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
19 hours ago, Daniel B. said:

The exported results are supposed to look like this?... I honestly thought each field was going to be a column... Not everything within "message" column, which makes it impractical for data analysis.

I've noted this for a future version. Adding the custom field values as well shouldn't be a problem.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 7/3/2019 at 12:43 PM, Blizzard098 said:

BUG: Also if you have a form create a new thread and spam the "send" button it creates as many posts as the amount of times you click. I was able to create 12 posts at once. I have to disable the addon on my forum until that is fixed 😞

Fixed? 

• 2 weeks later...