Forms Support

Hi,
I have a simple form with a couple of fields, where one field is 'Upload' Field Type, so that the user can upload a file if needed.

My form when submited creates a new topic.

The topic is being created properly, and everything else seems to be working, but the file upload isn't.

When I click in the attachment in the topic, I get this error:

image.thumb.png.231354fec51750dec9e1597f56d25eed.png

This is my form
image.thumb.png.69ff08cb7cfd2e699d68fefae3ccf3f2.png

And the form settings

image.thumb.png.587c7bdd3cc73cfc89ace4f299710023.png

Any idea what's causing this?

Thanks

Hi! I've just bought it, and have few problems - most of them I'll fix by myself, but just to let you know:

1. You're using few words that already exist in IPS System, for example "quote" - it will break translation of this word on forum, until I translate it for your app too.
    I'm not sure it's your bug, or IPS. Before installing your app:
    image.thumb.png.442b5332906146f2990e588bc2d844a4.png
    after:
    image.thumb.png.3e4cb06c8d0e149cc65676899f740a0c.png
    There are few more words working this way.

2. Maybe you can add an option to change this blue color, or to integrate rules with the form?
    image.thumb.png.e819aff1a9aaf3bfb0e0fb7a785bdbea.png

3. Confirmation PM's like in your other app do not show notifications. And I think there should be an option to edit look of this PM.

4. Could you add an option to change this:
    image.png.7027b2f50c6d3a5ca4a810e18192ba22.png
    to this:
    image.png.c7afc77f603fae137f8282f9e4a2d453.png?
    Forms with many fields will look much better.

5. I think it could be full text editor:
    image.thumb.png.0936c1486286152e5d3b9351e88b20d3.png

6. Could you add an option to create simple poll when creating topic? This is most important for me.

It will be really great if you can help me with 6. Thanks!

1. That's a confirmed bug and will be fixed next update.
  2. I've noted this and will see about including a setting to use the different message styles.
  3. Once I found a suitable fix in the auto welcome app, will be copied across to this app.
  4. Would something like this work? That's using IPB4 own internal horizontal form class and is a relative easy addition I can provide.
    • 402pVz1.png
  5. Good idea, will include next update.
  6. When the form app creates a new topic upon form submission? Or a custom field as part of the form your creating?
13 hours ago, root88 said:

@Mike John

4. Sure, it's exactly what I mean.

6. Yes, when topic is created.

4. I've sent you a PM with something to try out. I've made a note and will have some kind of settings to do this automatically next version.

6. After you try the above, can you remind me to look into this in a few days and I'll see what I can put together. I might be able to put together a patch.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/18/2017 at 5:17 AM, Ezaco said:

I need to reinstall this mod, however I don't want to lose the 11 lengthy forms I have. Is there a way to export or save this data so that I can uninstall the mod, reinstall it, and reimport my forms? The logs I'm not concerned about, just the content of the form itself.

Is this an upgrade from IPB 3.4 or an uninstall and re-install on IPB 4? You can backup the "form_forms" and "form_fields" database tables but any form names, field names, descriptions will be lost. IPB4 now stores these separately in the "core_sys_lang_words" database table so forums with multiple languages can be supported. Perhaps if you let me know why you need to re-install I can offer another solution?

On 12/19/2017 at 6:36 AM, Blisslandia said:

This is a pre-sale question: Does this plugin integrate in with the REGISTRATION form? I want to add a few more things to that form but I'm not sure how.

Sorry, no integration with the registration form. It is something that's been suggested and I want to add in the future but it's not likely in the short term.

1 minute ago, Mike John said:

Is this an upgrade from IPB 3.4 or an uninstall and re-install on IPB 4? You can backup the "form_forms" and "form_fields" database tables but any form names, field names, descriptions will be lost. IPB4 now stores these separately in the "core_sys_lang_words" database table so forums with multiple languages can be supported. Perhaps if you let me know why you need to re-install I can offer another solution?

IPB4.2 uninstall and reinstall.

I cannot update the application, when I attempt to do so I get this error:

hiMcDUV.png

This is an error that I have attempted to get IPB Support's help with, with no success thus far.

Additionally when I attempt to update/create any fields in Forms, I get this error:

aCR8cf4.png

With this error attempting to change any current fields just doesn't save it. Creating new fields will create the field, but it will default to an Address field and I'm not able to edit it, due to it just not saving anything. When creating a field I get this error:

N7O5WPC.png

On 12/29/2017 at 8:30 AM, Ezaco said:

I cannot update the application, when I attempt to do so I get this error:

First obvious thing to rule out is that your definitely uploading the form.tar file and not the zip you downloaded? Secondly the error code seems to suggest an issue with the PHP Phar extension. Can you check with your host that it's enabled and working? Worse case if your host doesn't support Phar, I can always give you instructions to manually upgrade an app via ftp.

Additionally when I attempt to update/create any fields in Forms, I get this error:

With this error attempting to change any current fields just doesn't save it. Creating new fields will create the field, but it will default to an Address field and I'm not able to edit it, due to it just not saving anything. When creating a field I get this error:

I assume by the above that your not hosted by IPS and have ftp access to your files? If so, I can give you an error to patch the above bug until the next version is out.

On 12/31/2017 at 1:25 AM, Ezaco said:

I am using the .tar file, yes. I'm not sure how to check if phar is running. There's no host helping me with this box, it's just a VM server on one of my other servers.

I've sent a PM with instructions to manually upgrade and also see what might be wrong with Phar.

Requesting a feature, and if it's not possible to add this support, I'd like to commission it.

I currently use @Kevin Carwile's Group Collab system, unfortunately this does not seem to allow posting to it. Even if the containers themselves are forums, they will not appear and will not allow Topic Creation nor Topic Replies. I've checked with normal forums and collab forums. Posts do not get posted in Collabs while posts in normal forums are made just fine.

If this support could be added, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

On 1/3/2018 at 4:29 PM, kmk said:

Is possible add field of math operation use?

E.g. members selected some products and each products have their price, then will appear total of all products selected. 

A math operation between multiple fields you've already got setup or a completely new type of custom to handle this?

On 1/4/2018 at 1:35 AM, DeadiKation said:

I currently use @Kevin Carwile's Group Collab system, unfortunately this does not seem to allow posting to it. Even if the containers themselves are forums, they will not appear and will not allow Topic Creation nor Topic Replies. I've checked with normal forums and collab forums. Posts do not get posted in Collabs while posts in normal forums are made just fine.

I'd need a copy of this app to check over and see what the issue was. It might be possible to patch any issue on my end and just include the fix in the next version rather then the need to commission any custom work.

On 1/6/2018 at 2:09 PM, kmk said:

Can you explain what is the diference both cases?

The first one would probably be the one that I could provide a solution for. You could have two text input fields called field 1 and 2. A member would enter and submit 5 and 5 in the respective fields and the form could combine those values to display 10. i.e. a basic math operation between the values of the fields submitted.