Forms Support

11 minutes ago, Simon Woods said:

@superj707 ACP->Community->Forms->Forms->Edit

In there you determine what output the form creates: topic, private message, email. You can use just one, a mix, or all three. This is where you can use the Quick Tags that are underneath the name of each form field.

So the only way to review submissions is to create custom log entries using the tags?

12 minutes ago, superj707 said:

So the only way to review submissions is to create custom log entries using the tags?

Yes, as far as I know. From what I have experienced in testing and now fully using the app is that the logs are both a log record and a way to quickly message somebody with a pre-populated reference for the form they have submitted.

Edited by Simon Woods
19 hours ago, kmk said:

Forms can be use under Group Collaborative application?

I don't have the Groups app, I'll need either a willing volunteer to test some code to patch this or access to a forum with both apps installed.

7 hours ago, superj707 said:

ok I got the log working. When I upload word.doc the link it leaves leads me to nothing. I need people to be able to upload contracts. Any ideas?

As in the "Form Logs" area does not work with upload fields? Could you send me an export of your form_fields database table so I can test out the various field types your using?

47 minutes ago, Mike John said:

I don't have the Groups app, I'll need either a willing volunteer to test some code to patch this or access to a forum with both apps installed.

As in the "Form Logs" area does not work with upload fields? Could you send me an export of your form_fields database table so I can test out the various field types your using?

It is working for images but I cannot seem to get it to work with word.doc files.

9 hours ago, superj707 said:

Im confused.

So I created an application using the forms mod. After a user has filled out my application where do I go to see all of their entries? I thought it would be logs but I am seeing that it's there but none of the response are being recorded

you can see I have many things in my form and not much is being logged

Hi @superj707

In your forms you need to specifically add the variables you want saved, either into a forum thread, PM, email or in the logs section itself.

So for example if you want your logs to save the information entered, you would need to add something like this to the 'log message' for that specific form.

{field_name_27}: {field_value_27}
{field_name_28}: {field_value_28}
{field_name_29}: {field_value_29}
{field_name_30}: {field_value_30}
{field_name_31}: {field_value_31}

I generally have all my forms submit to a forum thread as I find that is easier to organise. But I also save some of the data in logs which I don't want displaying in forum threads.

6677f866906925e19741451a1d45afa8.png

I do not believe this app functions as a 'database' like some people assume. It simply spits out the data from the form into the places you have set it. If you have not set it to record any of the field data in forum thread, pm or a log, then the data simply is lost (I think. Mike John will be able to speak more to this)

@Neej I got it working that way and saving to logs. Images upload fine (works)

However, I cannot get word.doc files to work.  (.doc not working ) See screen shots. it puts a link but clicking the link doesn't work. Leads to

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you requested does not exist

Error code: 1S160/2

doc not working.JPG

Edited by superj707

@Mike John

Got some questions about this before I think about buying.

1. Does it work on the Cloud service?

2. For Checkbox sets, does it post the full answer as on the form and not just a number?

3. For Yes/No answers does it post Yes or No, like on the form?

PS. have also sent you this in a PM.

Thanks

Edited by GazCBG
4 hours ago, GazCBG said:

@Mike John

Got some questions about this before I think about buying.

1. Does it work on the Cloud service?

2. For Checkbox sets, does it post the full answer as on the form and not just a number?

3. For Yes/No answers does it post Yes or No, like on the form?

PS. have also sent you this in a PM.

Thanks

1. Yep. I use it on my Cloud site without any issues. The only potential problems I've noticed is compatibility with other third-party items (for example: Groups Collaboration) but that can happen with any third-party item and isn't necessarily a long term problem.

2. I am unsure since I don't yet use a checkbox set. I would guess it posts the full answer.

3. It does post Yes or No, yep.

I took the risk and went and bought it an 2 does give the full answer.

Hi,

I do have a question about the field description on the form, I would like to put it under the field name on the form and not underneath the field itself.
So for example

Field Name
Field Description
Text, checkbox etc... here.

At the moment it is doing

Field Name
Checkbox etc...
Field Description

8 minutes ago, GazCBG said:

Hi,

I do have a question about the field description on the form, I would like to put it under the field name on the form and not underneath the field itself.
So for example

Field Name
Field Description
Text, checkbox etc... here.

At the moment it is doing

Field Name
Checkbox etc...
Field Description

+1

On 07/01/2017 at 6:49 AM, GazCBG said:

So for example

Ignore my pm reply then. I use IPB4's own custom fields so you'll need to modify them if you want to change a fields description placement. Open acp > theme editor > core > front > forms > row

I believe moving the "{$desc|raw}" code above the "{$element|raw}" code should position how you described.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Mike,

We currently have multiple forms with different submit wait times.

Form A - Wait time 2 weeks.
Form B - Wait time 2 weeks.
Form C - Wait time 10 minutes.
Form D - Wait time 10 minutes.

The problem we now face is when a user submits Form D he will have to wait 2 weeks before he can submit Form A or Form B.
Is there a way we can have seperate wait times, so not all forms affected when submitting a form.

On 14/02/2017 at 0:59 AM, Jenco Brons said:

The problem we now face is when a user submits Form D he will have to wait 2 weeks before he can submit Form A or Form B.
Is there a way we can have seperate wait times, so not all forms affected when submitting a form.

This might actually be a bug then. It should be checking for form submissions from specific forms if you've got a wait time set per form. Do you have ftp access to your forums? If so, I should be able to put together a temporary patch for this.

9 hours ago, Mike John said:

This might actually be a bug then. It should be checking for form submissions from specific forms if you've got a wait time set per form. Do you have ftp access to your forums? If so, I should be able to put together a temporary patch for this.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your quick reply, yes we are in full control of our dedicated (web) server.

On 16/02/2017 at 9:06 PM, Jenco Brons said:

Thanks for your quick reply, yes we are in full control of our dedicated (web) server.

Please PM when you can and I'll try and put together something this week. I've got a patch in mind but do need to test it a little.

Edited by Mike John
  • 3 weeks later...