Forms Support

On 4/10/2018 at 10:12 PM, DirectorECI said:

Is there an option to create Master- child database linkage in the form

Through the form/field relationship but not through fields themselves if I understand you correctly. i.e. Selecting a dropdown option in one field then hides/show other custom fields. This is in planning though and will be added into a future build.

The Forms application has been updated. With these new long requested features being added.

1. Integration with the registration form.
  2. Export displayed form logs to csv files.
  3. Toggle on and off other custom fields within a form.
  4. Custom furl slug option.

If you have any suggestions for future versions, please let me know. You can download the update from the client area now or view the Forms application here.

Field toggles example gif - https://i.imgur.com/elZ3LjL.gifv

Edit Form Field Toggles (Admin).png

Form Logs CSV.png

Form Logs.png

Forms Registration Integration.png

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed the most recent version fresh on my 4.3.1 install and I'm missing some language strings on he Form Settings tab:

forms.jpg.6f642f433cdb425418828ccd40390363.jpg

Tried installing fresh version overtop the first install (same version), and I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling.  Unless I misunderstand, I'm missing some language strings that seem to be present in the sample screenshots e.g. "Email Message"

And now, upon editing the first field in my new test form and attempting to save the changes, I get the following error "A configuration or server error has occurred EX1054 Sorry - we couldn't process your request. To contact an Administrator please click Contact, below."

Here is the code it returns:

UPDATE `form_fields` form_fields  SET `field_options`='[""]',`field_value`='',`field_toggles_on`='',`field_toggles_off`='',`field_toggles[]`='',`field_toggles`='[[]]',`field_multiple`=false,`field_required`=true,`field_input_format`='' WHERE field_id=1 
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'field_toggles[]' in 'field list' (1054)
#0 /XXXXX/public_html/system/Db/Db.php(990): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery('/*IPS\\Patterns\\...', Array)
#1 /XXXXX/public_html/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(492): IPS\_Db->update('`form_fields` f...', '`field_options`...', 'WHERE field_id=...')
#2 [internal function]: IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /XXXXX/public_html/init.php(458) : eval()'d code(120): call_user_func_array('parent::save', Array)
#4 /XXXXX/public_html/system/Node/Model.php(2214): IPS\Patterns\rules_hook_ipsPatternsActiveRecord->save()
#5 [internal function]: IPS\Node\_Model->save()
#6 /XXXXX/public_html/init.php(458) : eval()'d code(990): call_user_func_array('parent::save', Array)
#7 /XXXXX/public_html/system/Node/Model.php(2997): IPS\Node\collab_hook_ipsNodeModel->save()
#8 [internal function]: IPS\Node\_Model->saveForm(Array)
#9 /XXXXX/public_html/init.php(458) : eval()'d code(83): call_user_func_array('parent::saveFor...', Array)
#10 /XXXXX/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(408): IPS\Node\rules_hook_ipsNodeModel->saveForm(Array)
#11 /XXXXX/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): IPS\Node\_Controller->form()
#12 /XXXXX/public_html/system/Node/Controller.php(62): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#13 /XXXXX/public_html/applications/form/modules/admin/form/forms.php(38): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#14 /XXXXX/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(146): IPS\form\modules\admin\form\_forms->execute()
#15 /XXXXX/public_html/admin/index.php(14): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#16 {main}

I tried disabling all my customisations and re-saving my changes, but got the same error.

ALso, FYI, for some reason on both occasions when I installed Forms I got a system error message saying my license information was out of date.  Refreshing the data fixed this, but it seemed to happen upon installing Forms.

Edited by liquidfractal

Logged both bugs and will test more on the fresh install as the last update was mostly focused on upgrading. I can provide patches for any critical issues but otherwise this will be fixed next version.

16 hours ago, liquidfractal said:

ALso, FYI, for some reason on both occasions when I installed Forms I got a system error message saying my license information was out of date.  Refreshing the data fixed this, but it seemed to happen upon installing Forms.

I'm trying to think of a technical reason but it shouldn't affect the license checks at all. Any particular page you can reproduce this on? What about after disabling the Forms app?

5 hours ago, Mike John said:

Logged both bugs and will test more on the fresh install as the last update was mostly focused on upgrading. I can provide patches for any critical issues but otherwise this will be fixed next version.

I'm trying to think of a technical reason but it shouldn't affect the license checks at all. Any particular page you can reproduce this on? What about after disabling the Forms app?

Thanks Mike.  The license issue was occurring on the adminCP page, and only when i (re)installed.  Again, it posed no long-lasting problems as I clicked the Refresh license information button and all was well.  disabling and enabling Forms didn't raise any issues.

On 5/9/2018 at 6:45 PM, liquidfractal said:

Thanks Mike.  The license issue was occurring on the adminCP page, and only when i (re)installed.  Again, it posed no long-lasting problems as I clicked the Refresh license information button and all was well.  disabling and enabling Forms didn't raise any issues.

If it does come up again, let me know and will do some troubleshooting on that license message and see what could be triggering it.

I'm really liking the Forms application so far, but a couple of observations/suggestions:

1. Could there be an option to include the field description just above the title?  In the following example:
    forms.jpg.2d24e2e3528d9a67372a9cbf32537ace.jpg

the address description ("Your address") is much too far below the field.  Being able to include this just above the title instead would make more sense.

2. Right now, the presentation of fields in the Forms is rather linear.  Would it be possible to make more use of the on-screen real estate and, for example, allow more than one column for a list of checkbox options?  So if you have a list of checkbox options that looks like
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X
    X

You could instead have something like:
    X X X X
    X X X X
    X X X X
    ?

Thanks!

On 5/24/2018 at 2:26 AM, liquidfractal said:

Also wondering why there isn't an ability to make radio buttons REQUIRED?  Ideally, I want a single radio button for accepting site terms of service, which is required to click in order to move forward (not a YES/NO pair).  But there's no way to make it required.

You can't unselect a radio option; this is why you can't make that field type required. Why not use a checkbox?

On 5/19/2018 at 9:51 PM, liquidfractal said:

I'm really liking the Forms application so far, but a couple of observations/suggestions:

Noted all suggestions. Some might be able to be included in a future bug fixing update.

On 5/24/2018 at 7:26 PM, liquidfractal said:

Also wondering why there isn't an ability to make radio buttons REQUIRED?  Ideally, I want a single radio button for accepting site terms of service, which is required to click in order to move forward (not a YES/NO pair).  But there's no way to make it required.

This is the default behavior of IPB4 itself. I looked into this before and at the time there wasn't really an effective solution around it on my end.

On 5/26/2018 at 12:36 AM, BHegnauer said:

Can this replace the "new entry" form for a Pages database?

Not if you require the extensive database support that the Pages app offers. If it helps I could setup a demo board so you can see if you can reproduce the form you want?

I would like to use this application for a survey that works like this:

The members get to vote on a selection of options (like a poll). They can vote on multiple options (5 maximum if possible). They can also input a new option that will get added to the list and have 1 vote (and then others can vote on that one as well).

Is something like this possible?

18 hours ago, Mike John said:

Not if you require the extensive database support that the Pages app offers. If it helps I could setup a demo board so you can see if you can reproduce the form you want?

That would be amazing. Should I message you, or do you want to message me?

On 5/25/2018 at 6:08 PM, liquidfractal said:

I suppose I could, but for me the point is that they make the one-time acceptance of the terms.  A checkbox can be unchecked, and it doesn't make sense to send through a form with the acceptance of the terms unchecked.

You make the single checkbox required, then they can't submit the form without that box being checked.

8 hours ago, BHegnauer said:

That would be amazing. Should I message you, or do you want to message me?

PM Sent. ?

20 hours ago, Josiah Wallingford said:

The members get to vote on a selection of options (like a poll). They can vote on multiple options (5 maximum if possible). They can also input a new option that will get added to the list and have 1 vote (and then others can vote on that one as well). 

Is something like this possible?

A select box could be used for listing the options they can vote on. It won't support the maximum options restriction or user supplied input however. I don't believe the select field itself in IPB4 has a "maximum" option to begin with. The "user supplied input" is built into IPB4 and is relatively easy for me to add into my app.

There isn't a fixed limit on the number of messages that can be submitted but in theory the "Submit wait time" filled could be excessively high so that a user can't submit another "vote". If that makes sense?

I've sent you a PM with the demo board as well so you can see how far the current settings will get you. Simple short comings I can list for the next bug fixing update (possibly with patches in the meantime) and more complex changes for future feature updates.

1 hour ago, Mike John said:

A select box could be used for listing the options they can vote on. It won't support the maximum options restriction or user supplied input however. I don't believe the select field itself in IPB4 has a "maximum" option to begin with. The "user supplied input" is built into IPB4 and is relatively easy for me to add into my app.

There isn't a fixed limit on the number of messages that can be submitted but in theory the "Submit wait time" filled could be excessively high so that a user can't submit another "vote". If that makes sense?

I've sent you a PM with the demo board as well so you can see how far the current settings will get you. Simple short comings I can list for the next bug fixing update (possibly with patches in the meantime) and more complex changes for future feature updates.

Thank you for the demo. Forms is a great application for many uses. I use it and love it. I just can't use it for what I am trying, and I am okay with that.

I think what I need is a plugin for the built in polls to make it more robust or an entire polls application.

No worries, and thanks again Mike.