Forms Support

On 1/25/2023 at 3:24 PM, SJ77 said:

But I moved it back after fixing the error and then I was able to upgrade but it lost some information along the way.

If the custom langauge strings weren't upgraded for any reason, you will unfortunately need to go in and setup the form title, description, etc... again. This is kept in the database and I'm not sure why it wasn't upgraded.

On 1/26/2023 at 5:36 AM, Karina Harumi said:

Disabling your plugin, the error no longer appeared, this was an observation from Invision support.

Could you please send me a copy of this theme, I don't have access to it.

On 2/4/2023 at 7:53 PM, Lucas James said:

Any ideas as I really like this theme and its had conflicts with Forms with over a year now with no solutions. This also occurs on other themes according to this thread. Any ideas on a fix? I am happy to purchase you a copy of CyberApex for testing purposes.

Ditto or might be cheaper if I troubleshoot on your site instead of purchasing a new copy.

On 3/8/2023 at 3:34 PM, Michael.J said:

Ditto or might be cheaper if I troubleshoot on your site instead of purchasing a new copy.

Happy to pay for a copy and/or give you site access. Do you have a Paypal or something I can transfer the money to as it's probably better you have your own copy of the theme. Just send me a PM with the details.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/11/2023 at 2:39 PM, Lucas James said:

Happy to pay for a copy and/or give you site access. Do you have a Paypal or something I can transfer the money to as it's probably better you have your own copy of the theme. Just send me a PM with the details.

I do but do you possibly have a test board and can ask author to use that instead? Or I can setup a test board.

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if the support board is the right place to post requests but I would like to see more functional options for after a form is submitted.

• Send a DM (done)
  • Post a new thread (done)
  • Post a new reply to a thread (done)
  • Set Submitter's Primary Role
    • On Submit
    • On Approve (useful for things like staff applications)
  • Add Secondary Role to Submitter
    • On Submit
    • On Approve
  • (Stretch) Replace reply form in specific thread/board with custom form.

Or more generically, mark a form as Reviewable, which will do two things:

1. Add option to approve or deny to the thread options (on original post). Bonus points if you can get a banner under the original post, perhaps occupying the ad slot that already exists there.
  2. For groups allowed to Review the item and allowed to see the Moderator Control Panel, add an action item to the MCP with options to approve or deny.

Allow admins to define actions to take upon approve/deny. This could be things like sending a reply to the thread, modifying user primary/secondary roles, etc.. For the UI side of things, I imagine this could be presented as a list (much like the forms and their questions are today), and it just executes any described tasks in order.

Thanks for the fantastic plugin!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi there,

A few questions:

1. Is there a way to take action on an answer to a question? Like if the user chooses category X as the answer to a question, it would then post the topic to subforum X?

2. Is there a way to add "sections" of questions or add some lines or more advanced formatting overall in the form itself?

Thanks for the great plugin.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

First want to thank you for your efforts for this app.  I use it but am not able to figure out how to add a section in the form..  seems like its possible but not sure.

So I have section 1 and would like to add fields for requester to fill out and then they go to the next section and fill out fields.  Can we create basically a section title?

Example:

Customer Information <-- section title

field text: Full Name

field email: Email Address

field phone: Contact Number

Grand Entrance <-- section title

field text: Song name - Artist

etc...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Running Forms 1.4.6 on Invision 4.7.13.

My footer links are exhibiting some strange issues. Contact Us is listed twice, and both go to the /forms page. Disabling the Forms plugin changes the first Contact Us link to go to /contact and the second Contact Us link is replaced with the Cookies link. There does not appear to be any sort of configuration in the Forms Settings in the ACP that would affect this. Any ideas what might be happening here?

Could contain: Page, Text

15 hours ago, Foxtrek_64 said:

Running Forms 1.4.6 on Invision 4.7.13.

My footer links are exhibiting some strange issues. Contact Us is listed twice, and both go to the /forms page. Disabling the Forms plugin changes the first Contact Us link to go to /contact and the second Contact Us link is replaced with the Cookies link. There does not appear to be any sort of configuration in the Forms Settings in the ACP that would affect this. Any ideas what might be happening here?

Could contain: Page, Text

I did find an option to "Disable contact link hook" in the Forms settings. This changed both contact links to go to `/contact`, but there's still the question of why Contact Us is listed twice and the cookies page is missing entirely. I assume this has to do with the fact that Forms 1.4.6 is not compatible with a couple of the changes in this latest version of Invision.