Forms Support

The exporting behavior is quite strange. If I filter a single form and export the records in display the app will generate a file with all the columns of every single form ever created. Therefore, the output is quite unreadable once you have dozens of forms (like me), with hundreds of empty columns.

I wonder if for a next release you could limit the amount of exported columns to only those of the filtered form?

Kind regards.

Edited by DanielFb
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2021 at 1:25 AM, DanielFb said:

I wonder if for a next release you could limit the amount of exported columns to only those of the filtered form?

Noted for a future version.

On 5/5/2021 at 5:14 AM, aStonedPenguin said:

Adding a poll field is broken on the latest version of IPB.

Also would it be possible to make member fields use mentions? ie @Michael.J

Are you getting some kind of error?

I'm getting this error when updating from 1.4.0 to 1.4.1 using the marketplace tab in my acp:

Extraction from phar "/tmp/IPSMPWgrC4w.tar" failed: Cannot extract "Application.php" to "/var/www/html/applications/form/Application.php", setting file permissions failed

I contacted Invision support and they said to contact the plugin developer. This is what permissions look like:

[root@lfp-rrweb form]# ls -lah
total 12K
drwxrwxrwx. 11 root rrweb  160 Sep  1  2020 .
drwxrwxrwx.  7 root rrweb   89 Sep  1  2020 ..
-rwxrwxrwx.  1 root rrweb 4.6K May 18 08:21 Application.php
drwxrwxrwx.  2 root rrweb 4.0K Sep  1  2020 data
drwxrwxrwx.  4 root rrweb   49 Sep  1  2020 extensions
drwxrwxrwx.  2 root rrweb   85 Sep  1  2020 hooks
drwxrwxrwx.  2 root rrweb   24 Sep  1  2020 interface
drwxrwxrwx.  4 root rrweb   50 Sep  1  2020 modules
drwxrwxrwx. 11 root rrweb  183 Sep  1  2020 setup
drwxrwxrwx.  5 root rrweb   61 Sep  1  2020 sources
drwxrwxrwx.  2 root rrweb   24 Sep  1  2020 tasks
drwxrwxrwx.  2 root rrweb   26 Sep  1  2020 widgets

I would think I wouldn't run into any permissions issues like this, but apparently so.

Any suggestions on where I should look or what I should change to fix this issue?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2021 at 1:29 PM, ShawnJPN said:

Is their no solution to view the form log, and form input without a csv export?

Do you have the form permissions setup?

On 5/18/2021 at 6:31 PM, Foxtrek_64 said:

I would think I wouldn't run into any permissions issues like this, but apparently so.

Are you hosted by IPS? Because a permission error would be a host issue not the plugin... If you've got ftp access I can look at manually updating you but I really don't have control over the IPS marketplace updates.

A new update is pending approval.

IP.Board 4.6.x compatibility check and update. And a few more bug fixes.

Edited by Michael.J
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This app seems to be causing an error when trying to copy a Group, on a completely fresh 4.6.4 install with only Forms installed trying to copy a group I get:

INSERT INTO `core_groups` ( `g_id`, `g_view_board`, `g_mem_info`, `g_use_search`, `g_edit_profile`, `g_edit_posts`, `g_delete_own_posts`, `g_use_pm`, `g_append_edit`, `g_access_offline`, `g_avoid_q`, `g_avoid_flood`, `g_icon`, `g_attach_max`, `prefix`, `suffix`, `g_max_messages`, `g_max_mass_pm`, `g_search_flood`, `g_edit_cutoff`, `g_photo_max_vars`, `g_dohtml`, `g_bypass_badwords`, `g_can_msg_attach`, `g_attach_per_post`, `g_dname_changes`, `g_dname_date`, `g_mod_preview`, `g_rep_max_positive`, `g_rep_max_negative`, `g_signature_limits`, `g_hide_online_list`, `g_bitoptions`, `g_pm_perday`, `g_mod_post_unit`, `g_ppd_limit`, `g_ppd_unit`, `g_displayname_unit`, `g_sig_unit`, `g_pm_flood_mins`, `g_max_bgimg_upload`, `g_post_polls`, `g_vote_polls`, `g_topic_rate_setting`, `g_bitoptions2`, `g_upload_animated_photos`, `g_view_displaynamehistory`, `g_hide_own_posts`, `g_lock_unlock_own`, `g_can_report`, `g_create_clubs`, `g_club_allowed_nodes`, `g_promote_exclude`, `g_close_polls`, `g_club_limit`, `group_id`, `g_fs_submit_wait`, `g_fs_bypass_captcha`, `g_fs_view_logs`, `g_fs_moderate_logs`, `g_fs_can_attach` ) VALUES ( NULL, 1, 1, 1, 1, '1', '0', 1, 0, 0, 0, 0, NULL, 500000, '<span style=\'color:#c90076\'>', '</span>', 50, 10, 3, 5, '500:170:170', 0, 0, 1, 50000, 0, 1, 0, 10, 10, '0:::::', 0, 26083328, 25, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, -1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 1, 1, '0', '0', '1', 'public,open,closed,private', '*', 0, 0, NULL, 16, 600, 0, 0, 0, 1 )
IPS\Db\Exception: Unknown column 'group_id' in 'field list' (1054)
#0 /var/www/vhosts/<redacted>/httpdocs/system/Db/Db.php(936): IPS\_Db->preparedQuery()
#1 /var/www/vhosts/<redacted>/httpdocs/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(487): IPS\_Db->insert()
#2 /var/www/vhosts/<redacted>/httpdocs/system/Patterns/ActiveRecord.php(438): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->save()
#3 /var/www/vhosts/<redacted>/httpdocs/system/Member/Group.php(200): IPS\Patterns\_ActiveRecord->__clone()
#4 /var/www/vhosts/<redacted>/httpdocs/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(399): IPS\Member\_Group->__clone()
#5 /var/www/vhosts/<redacted>/httpdocs/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(90): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->copy()
#6 /var/www/vhosts/<redacted>/httpdocs/applications/core/modules/admin/members/groups.php(39): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#7 /var/www/vhosts/<redacted>/httpdocs/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\core\modules\admin\members\_groups->execute()
#8 /var/www/vhosts/<redacted>/httpdocs/admin/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#9 {main}

If I uninstall Forms and make absolutely no other changes it works fine. Does seem to work if I hadn't saved the group prior (Was able to copy Member group, until I went in and added a color to it and saved then it started throwing this error as well).

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2021 at 5:09 AM, Alzar said:

This app seems to be causing an error when trying to copy a Group, on a completely fresh 4.6.4 install with only Forms installed trying to copy a group I get:

Thank you for reporting. This is a big more complex and I will need time to look into this bug. Unfortunately the only other work around right now would be to disable the Forms app while copying groups.

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Lucas James said:

This app is causing an issue with a theme that was recently updated. This is the only app/plugin that conflicts and causes the theme to break and not work until I disable the Forms App. Any ideas? Thanks

What exactly is crashing? What's the error? 

5 hours ago, Daniel F said:

What exactly is crashing? What's the error? 

I'm not seeing anything  in error log. Everything is broken when Forms 1.4.3 is enabled while also using the new updated Apex theme. Block manager doesn't display/work, theme features do not work or are responsive, chatbox+ does not appear. Basically everything is unusable. 

I disable Forms and everything works fine. I have also contacted theme author to tell him but he suspects issue is caused by Forms. I do use alot of other apps & plugins but am not seeing any issues with them.

Edited by Lucas James
edit
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/3/2021 at 9:57 PM, Lucas James said:

I disable Forms and everything works fine. I have also contacted theme author to tell him but he suspects issue is caused by Forms. I do use alot of other apps & plugins but am not seeing any issues with them.

Could I please get a copy of conflicting app or theme or access to your site so I can take a look?

We have the need to record the UTM's origin of a form (Forms Module).
For that we create a field and elaborate the script that will retrieve the URL information and add it to this field.

Our question is:
Is it possible to add this script to run when the page is running?
Is it possible to hide the field? Since there is no hidden property in the Field Type option

Tks

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
1 hour ago, Michael.J said:

What version of IP.Board are you using?

You posted a review on the same day, giving me a chance to reply to a support issue would of been nice.

I'm using 4.6.10 now but it happened on the version prior as well. (At the time I wrote the review)

I'm sorry about the review, but I can't recommend the plugin right now as it overwrites default IPS behaviour which makes the plugin unusable for me. I don't know why non-working image embeds and ignoring forum permissions would be considered "a custom app that won't do everything I want". I expected the plugin to do what's advertised on your sales page, not more or less.

17 hours ago, Ghost Face said:

I'm using 4.6.10 now but it happened on the version prior as well. (At the time I wrote the review)

Could you please PM me admin login details so I can look into the error more? I can't reproduce this currently.

Sorry didn't realize the second issue was an error, I can look into that at the same time.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Michael.J said:

Есть ли у этого участника все необходимые разрешения для ответа? Только что сделал быструю тестовую форму, и она показывает форму ответа.

Please, tell me where this setting is located, I can not find it. :unsure: