Forms Support

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2020 at 12:36 PM, kmk said:

Ability to add background image to form, now we have Stock Photos build-in...

On 9/13/2020 at 10:17 PM, kmk said:

Hi, is possible use forms as CREATE EVENT form of calendar? I would like to use custom fields (vs currently available, I want to disable some fields for a compact input form) of form for users creating events. 

Noted both for a future version. I like the idea of supporting the calendar.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello there,

We've purchased this plugin and have been using it heavily (we have, potentially, a 100 or so forms) for a while. We've encountered a bit of an issue where, periodically, a form will lose all of its fields and those fields will somehow end up on another form or disappear completely. Such forms look like this:XnIEXN3.png

Our site manager says that there are no logs regarding the issue in ACP. Is there any known solution to this issue?

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2020 at 3:43 AM, Michael.J said:

Noted both for a future version. I like the idea of supporting the calendar.

Continue with same idea, I would like use form(because it let me customiza the fields) for CREATING TOPIC (forums and club) too. This ability will help much and cool, because we don't have to wait members or visits come to our forums sections then hope they create topic, we just share the link of form throut email, or by whevever way...user just use form to create their inquiries or content filling the form.

In this form we can leave a question: Are you a member?

If user choose Yes show the Login field asking for name and password. After send action, it will automatically open the site with the credential prefilled, user confirm to complete the post topic action and show the page of topics list view. (Why not open the topic content directly, because I would like the user can see the topics posted*if user want then click to open their topic posted recently*, a little engagement strategy)

If user choose No, then show the Register fields, after send action, open the website with the Register confirmation, after that show the topic prefilled, user confirm it and return the topics list view (category selected for their topic posted).

So we will have a form for creating of topics,calendars and support(commerce) topic, where we will have a powerfull tool invite to the world to create content in our website, we can share this form by whatsap, facebook...anyway...

On 8/23/2020 at 2:01 AM, Foxtrek_64 said:

My field toggles don't seem to be working. I have a Checkbox Set field named "Contact Type" under which I have this field toggle configuration:

image.thumb.png.b4841908c67283b1967a9ca402ab816b.png

When viewing the live form, all fields are visible even when I do not have any options selected.

image.png.09ea8fe78b83612660ff09befe7cdf4c.png

Did I misunderstand the purpose of form toggles or is this just not working correctly? My intent was to have these fields hidden until the user tells us what kind of contact options they want us to use, then to have those fields appear so they can supply the relevant information.

@Michael.J Any ideas on this?

• 2 weeks later...

As an amendment to my issue, this seems to only affect the Checkbox Set type of question. Changing this to a Select Box with the Multiple Values option turned on causes the field toggle system to work as expected, however in my mind the select box is less intuitive for nontechnical users.

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/3/2020 at 2:04 AM, Foxtrek_64 said:

As an amendment to my issue, this seems to only affect the Checkbox Set type of question. Changing this to a Select Box with the Multiple Values option turned on causes the field toggle system to work as expected, however in my mind the select box is less intuitive for nontechnical users.

Are you using the latest version? This should of been fixed recently - https://www.devfuse.com/forums/bugs/forms/field-toggles-and-radio-r258/

Hi @Michael.J,

Forms is really useful and working well but I don't want Form Logs to appear as an option under Content Types in My Activity Streams (see screenshot attached).

I'm on the latest version, have edited all the user group permissions so that only admins can view logs and tried adjusting the permissions in the application...what am I missing?

Thanks and best, JP

Screenshot 2020-12-05 at 12.39.28.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/14/2021 at 3:38 AM, Jackson Martin said:

Hello, how would I go about changing the Post a New Topic and making it say Create an Application and have it redirect to one of the forms?

It's not a supported feature currently but I can provide a template edit to achieve this manually. PM me if this is something you'd like.

On 1/14/2021 at 7:30 AM, DanielFb said:

I wonder if it's possible to cross-post a submitted form as a Pages database entry?

Also, the CSV download button would download all entries of the form, or only visible ones in the current page?

No not currently sorry.

It will download all entries displayed on the page your viewing.

On 2/9/2021 at 5:39 PM, Shawn Raines said:

How do I view the form results? 

Remember to set the form permissions as well. If you view Forms in the admin cp and click the manage dropdown, you'll see a "Permissions" option called View Logs.

On 2/28/2021 at 3:52 PM, Michael.J said:

Remember to set the form permissions as well. If you view Forms in the admin cp and click the manage dropdown, you'll see a "Permissions" option called View Logs.

See I've set my group to have visibility from the groups and the form and still cannot see any of the contents of the form.

I can see  what was submitted only if I export the excel sheet. Which at that point isn't the best thing to look at as the answers are jumbled together.

I've asked about this before and also reported it as a bug, but the problem is still there.

When I create or edit a form and select the white button to make the background white and the text black, it does the opposite.

It makes the background black and the text white.

If this isn't going to be fixed anytime soon, could someone please tell me how I can make the background white and the text black using CSS?

On 3/5/2021 at 5:31 PM, DanielFb said:

I'm not sure if it's a bug or a feature but toggle fields won't work properly if the hidden field is mandatory. I just had a text field controlled by a radio toggle, and you can't submit the form if the hidden field isn't filled, which I don't think is supposed to work like that. Any advise?

This is unfortunately a feature because the required field check is done by the server. I'll have a think about this but I'm not sure there's an easy work around right now.

On 3/8/2021 at 1:44 PM, ShawnJPN said:

See I've set my group to have visibility from the groups and the form and still cannot see any of the contents of the form.

It sounds like the "Log Message" field is empty then. If you edit your form and add something like {field_values}. It will then have a log message.

On 3/11/2021 at 12:08 AM, Bendensin said:

I've asked about this before and also reported it as a bug, but the problem is still there.

I've updated the bug report with a possible patch. Can you try that and let me know how it goes.

On 3/11/2021 at 10:15 PM, kmk said:

@Michael.J anyway that let user mark map address in Forms? 

Can you clarify please? Not sure what your after here.

I've updated the bug report with a possible patch. Can you try that and let me know how it goes.

Sorry I didn't see that, I forgot to subscribe to the bug report topic on DevFuse.com. I've subscribed now.
There's still an issue... I've replied with a screenshot of the results of the patch in the Bug Report topic on Devfuse.
Strange I'm seeing here that KMK is saying this... I'm not KMK.
Edited by Bendensin
On 3/16/2021 at 9:57 PM, kmk said:

I need ask for the address where users open the map and mark where it is.

No unfortunately IPS don't have a map field. The closest thing would be the "Address" field.

On 3/17/2021 at 9:32 AM, DanielFb said:

Copied forms (with copied fields) won't register any new data. Forms and Fields have to be new.

Unfortunately because of the way the fields are "children" of the form, the copy feature doesn't support this. For example if you copy a forum, it doesn't then copy the sub forums as well.

I might be able to work around this but it would be a more long term feature then something in the near term.

• 3 weeks later...