Forms Support

21 hours ago, leonovich_J said:

Please, tell me where this setting is located, I can not find it. :unsure:

Check acp > members tab > groups > edit group > social tab > messages section. Do you have any restrictions for members sending messages?

Edit: Please note your subscription and support for this product has expired. Support is only offered to active subscriptions.

Edited by Michael.J
  • 3 weeks later...

On 3/19/2020 at 7:29 AM, kmk said:

Hi @Mike John

I have a form created to collect members information, is possible when a member fill the form automatically update some profile custom fields, I mean a mechanism of synchronization between form fields and profile fields.

On 3/20/2020 at 7:37 AM, Michael.J said:

No not currently. Would need to be done custom as not supported by default.

So if I am reading this correctly, you cannot use existing custom profile fields in Forms?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 6/1/2018 at 7:20 PM, rngrdanny22 said:

Does this application have the ability to create a form which returns results from a database table?

For instance, I'm looking for a solution where I can build a form that essentially queries a database and returns results in a table format based on what was input into the form.

So, pretend my form as four text inputs. These inputs would essentially be the WHERE clause of a SQL query.

No clue if I'm explaining that correctly, but do you get where I'm going?

Hi Michael. Was this option ever pursued. I am one of those that would benefit from results/entries being optionally displayed in a table.

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...

Getting this error after adding the form block widget to a page:

Using my default theme

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\form\Log::database() (0)
#0 /home/redcel2/public_html/system/Content/Item.php(133): IPS\Content\hook1045::buildCreateForm(Object(IPS\form\Form))
#1 /home/redcel2/public_html/applications/form/widgets/formForm.php(94): IPS\Content\_Item::create(Object(IPS\form\Form))
#2 /home/redcel2/public_html/system/Widget/Widget.php(826): IPS\form\widgets\_formForm->render()
#3 /home/redcel2/public_html/system/Widget/Widget.php(926): IPS\_Widget->_render()
#4 /home/redcel2/public_html/uploads/template_19_80416a939542936b8d637f8c64a329cd_pages.php(172): IPS\_Widget->__toString()
#5 /home/redcel2/public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\Cache\class_cms_front_pages->widgetContainer('col12', Array, 'horizontal')
#6 /home/redcel2/public_html/applications/cms/sources/Theme/Theme.php(610) : eval()'d code(1155): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('widgetContainer', Array)
#7 /home/redcel2/public_html/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(2269): IPS\Theme\class_cms_page_page_builder->legend_page_builder1(Object(IPS\cms\Pages\Page), Array)
#8 /home/redcel2/public_html/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(116): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->output()
#9 /home/redcel2/public_html/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(43): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->view()
#10 /home/redcel2/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->manage()
#11 /home/redcel2/public_html/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(33): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#12 /home/redcel2/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->execute()
#13 /home/redcel2/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#14 {main}

Using the IPS theme

Error: Call to undefined method IPS\form\Log::database() (0)
#0 /home/redcel2/public_html/system/Content/Item.php(133): IPS\Content\hook1045::buildCreateForm(Object(IPS\form\Form))
#1 /home/redcel2/public_html/applications/form/widgets/formForm.php(94): IPS\Content\_Item::create(Object(IPS\form\Form))
#2 /home/redcel2/public_html/system/Widget/Widget.php(826): IPS\form\widgets\_formForm->render()
#3 /home/redcel2/public_html/system/Widget/Widget.php(926): IPS\_Widget->_render()
#4 /home/redcel2/public_html/system/Theme/Theme.php(885) : eval()'d code(171): IPS\_Widget->__toString()
#5 /home/redcel2/public_html/system/Theme/SandboxedTemplate.php(61): IPS\Theme\class_cms_front_pages->widgetContainer('col12', Array, 'horizontal')
#6 /home/redcel2/public_html/applications/cms/sources/Theme/Theme.php(610) : eval()'d code(1155): IPS\Theme\_SandboxedTemplate->__call('widgetContainer', Array)
#7 /home/redcel2/public_html/applications/cms/sources/Pages/Page.php(2269): IPS\Theme\class_cms_page_page_builder->legend_page_builder1(Object(IPS\cms\Pages\Page), Array)
#8 /home/redcel2/public_html/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(116): IPS\cms\Pages\_Page->output()
#9 /home/redcel2/public_html/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(43): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->view()
#10 /home/redcel2/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(118): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->manage()
#11 /home/redcel2/public_html/applications/cms/modules/front/pages/page.php(33): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#12 /home/redcel2/public_html/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(153): IPS\cms\modules\front\pages\_page->execute()
#13 /home/redcel2/public_html/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#14 {main}

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2022 at 9:32 PM, Giray said:

Hi Michael. Was this option ever pursued. I am one of those that would benefit from results/entries being optionally displayed in a table.

No sorry it hasn't. I've been a bit busy with personal life lately and the last few IPB updates have taken a bit of time. I hope to resume new features and work again later in the year.

On 9/10/2022 at 1:14 AM, ufshane said:

Getting this error after adding the form block widget to a page:

What versions are you using? Did a quick test but can't seem to reproduce this... Just looking further into it but more information would be helpful.

28 minutes ago, Michael.J said:

What versions are you using? Did a quick test but can't seem to reproduce this... Just looking further into it but more information would be helpful.

Invision Community Version 4.7.1

PHP Version 8.1.9

Forms 1.4.5

Edited by ufshane
12 hours ago, Michael.J said:

Thank you 🙂

Can you try this patch please and let me know if that works? - https://www.devfuse.com/forums/bugs/forms/csv-export-field-display-r371/

Gave it a try this morning

Edited /applications/form/modules/front/forms/logs.php

BEFORE changing it

Could contain: Text, Word

AFTER changing it

Could contain: Text, Word, Page, Number, Symbol

Now when I export logs

Could contain: Text, Number, Symbol, Word, Label

Looks like that patch worked to fix the export of the address field.

Would be nice if I have a form filtered that only those fields get exported.  If you have a lot of forms, this would get huge with the amount of columns for each field for every form you have is being exported/included in your csv.

14 hours ago, Michael.J said:

If you filter by the form and then export, it should only export that forms fields.

Yea thats how I thought it would work but the above image is me filtered on just test_form and yet you see columns from the guest_list as well.

Its not a huge deal since I can delete the extra fields from the CSV but just wanted you to know since someone who has lots of forms would have lots of fields and that could get tricky to delete.

Sorry to be a pain..  got another question for you when you get time (not urgent)

I used your FORMS app to create a Guest List for a wedding that they will be able to export so they can create address labels and keep track of how many guests are coming since its a bunch.

Anyhow the brides mom loves this but wanted me to make a change to a field I had from one name to another and add a field so its very easy to do so I did that

Could contain: Text, Page, File, Webpage

BUT when I display the logs it still shows the old name

Could contain: File, Text, Webpage

And final question on "How Do I?" is when they get the RSVP back, can they edit the log and add how many guests that are in the RSVP?  Basically can they edit form log entries?

Could contain: Page, Text, Document

On 9/30/2022 at 9:48 PM, Cowboy Denny said:

Yea thats how I thought it would work but the above image is me filtered on just test_form and yet you see columns from the guest_list as well.

I've logged this as a bug, I should be able to have it only export custom fields from selected forms in the next update.

On 10/5/2022 at 3:20 AM, Cowboy Denny said:

Anyhow the brides mom loves this but wanted me to make a change to a field I had from one name to another and add a field so its very easy to do so I did that

The form log "message" field is the data captured at the time of submission. It won't reflect field changes like that. The csv export will still export the latest data.

On 10/5/2022 at 3:20 AM, Cowboy Denny said:

And final question on "How Do I?" is when they get the RSVP back, can they edit the log and add how many guests that are in the RSVP?  Basically can they edit form log entries?

No edit log support is not supported. It's theoretically possible and something I can look at in the future but this app is mainly focused on contact/form submission and wasn't thought of as a database like that.

16 hours ago, Michael.J said:

I've logged this as a bug, I should be able to have it only export custom fields from selected forms in the next update.

The form log "message" field is the data captured at the time of submission. It won't reflect field changes like that. The csv export will still export the latest data.

No edit log support is not supported. It's theoretically possible and something I can look at in the future but this app is mainly focused on contact/form submission and wasn't thought of as a database like that.

Thanks for your reply and consideration of including any of it in the future.  I do like what your doing but always want more.  🙂 I do believe the suggestions would bring the Forms to a new "awesome" level.

Thanks again

On 10/7/2022 at 7:44 PM, Claudia999 said:

Could you change the language string settings ("Settings") please? He disturbs the original language string settings from IPS.

I've logged this as a bug and will address next update.

On 10/7/2022 at 11:44 PM, Cowboy Denny said:

Thanks for your reply and consideration of including any of it in the future.  I do like what your doing but always want more.  🙂 I do believe the suggestions would bring the Forms to a new "awesome" level.

Thank you.

23 hours ago, Giray said:

Not sure if I'm the only one, but getting a white screen of death with the current version of Forms (on 4.7.3). Only two of my apps are still doing it and Forms, I believe, is indeed one of them.

Thoughts?

Hi Michael J, great app, and as Giray say, it is disabled now due to update 4.7.3 on Cloud, looking forward to an update. Cheers. Alex

On 10/12/2022 at 3:51 PM, Alex Duffy said:

Hi Michael J, great app, and as Giray say, it is disabled now due to update 4.7.3 on Cloud, looking forward to an update.

It's not limited to CiC; I've just uploaded my on-premises site, and Forms was disabled during the upgrade process. Here's the message displayed in the ACP:

PHP8 Incompatible Customizations

We are currently in the process of migrating our platform from PHP7 to PHP8 in order to provide you with the greatest level of performance and security. We've identified one or more Applications or Plugins currently installed on your site which contain PHP8 incompatible hooks and/or subclasses. In PHP8, altering overloaded method signatures within a subclass results in a fatal error which can make a site completely inoperable. Also, our hook system relies on subclasses so this change applies to hooks as well. Therefore, this code must be either replaced with an updated version, removed, or disabled from your site as soon as possible.

If you are not sure what this means, you must contact the Author of any listed Application or Plugin for an updated version. If you cannot update to a PHP8 compatible version, the Application or Plugin will have to be disabled or removed.